The Templars left a map to the treasure!

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Meanwhile i will like to share you all the origin of the name Portugal.

The name can be divided in 2 words Portu + Gal , this 2 words have in reality the mean of "Porto Graal" in english this means "grail port" or "grail harbor", this isn't just a accidental coincidence it was deliberated, Portugal was in reality a Templar Secret Project and the epicentre of the Templar Order, there is no other place on earth with so many Templar Lands, movies and documentaries have the tendency to show France as the most important place for Templars, this is is not true.

I believe the use of "Portugal" derives from the original 2nd century Roman-named settlement of Portus Cale - today's Porto on the country's northern coast. It was first known as "Port of Callaeci (or "Gallaeci")" for the original Celts who occupied it before the Romans. The name was later applied to the entire country that became today's Portugal. The gal-graal appears to be a hopeful stretch.

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are not wrong, there was in fact Portus Cale (today Oporto), and after there were the "Condado Portucalense" (ocupied some of the Portugal north region) from where the Templar Project born, wherever the final Name "Portugal" was given and altered by D.Afonso Henriques the first portuguese king in order to match the Templar Project, Portugal was considered the Grail for the project, and Gondomar was one of the 2 Portuguese original templars that went to France in order to get support to create the new Order.

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello lokiblossom,

From the moment that the pope sponsored the prosecution of the templars (1307) they maybe not oficially dismantle but the order knew it was impossible to came back again, i don't know everything but from what i have research in Portugal a few days/weeks after the French Templar left la rochele and came to Portugal asking for the help of the Portuguese Templars there was a metting with all of the most important members of French, Portugal and the others country, there was a election of a new grandmaster, from that moment even if jacques demolay was considered innocent he wasn't anymore the grandmaster (i don't know the name of the grandmaster) of the order, after there was some kind of a plan agains't the Church, they did some kind of blackmail with the catholic church and in fact they managet to force them to sign an order for innocence , this document was found in 2002 in the Vatican and is called the manuscript of Chinon. From there i don't know what happened i know that some French Templars entered the Portuguese order of Christ, others went away and start a new life in other place, thing is the treasure was for sure left in Portugal, Portugal was the only safe place and the only place with conditions to continue the order, unfortunately the order of Christ had no sucess, after hundreds of years of sea discoveries the order began to go into decline until 1832 where it was disable.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello lokiblossom,

From the moment that the pope sponsored the prosecution of the templars (1307) they maybe not oficially dismantle but the order knew it was impossible to came back again, i don't know everything but from what i have research in Portugal a few days/weeks after the French Templar left la rochele and came to Portugal asking for the help of the Portuguese Templars there was a metting with all of the most important members of French, Portugal and the others country, there was a election of a new grandmaster, from that moment even if jacques demolay was considered innocent he wasn't anymore the grandmaster (i don't know the name of the grandmaster) of the order, after there was some kind of a plan agains't the Church, they did some kind of blackmail with the catholic church and in fact they managet to force them to sign an order for innocence , this document was found in 2002 in the Vatican and is called the manuscript of Chinon. From there i don't know what happened i know that some French Templars entered the Portuguese order of Christ, others went away and start a new life in other place, thing is the treasure was for sure left in Portugal, Portugal was the only safe place and the only place with conditions to continue the order, unfortunately the order of Christ had no sucess, after hundreds of years of sea discoveries the order began to go into decline until 1832 where it was disable.

The Grand Master you speak of was GM of the 'Order of Christ', not the Knights Templar, even though it was basically the same membership. The new GM of the Knights Templar was Gerard de Villiers, at least until the Order was disbanded. After the arrests and the testimony of one Templar, who claimed Villiers was seen headed to the coast, he (Villiers) became the most wanted man in France. He was never seen or heard from again, either in Portugal or France or for that matter anywhere. IMHO, if you find where Villiers went you find much of the Templar treasure as well as artifacts they hid from the Church. It is documented that de Molay left Cyprus in early 1307 for a meeting with the Pope (Clement) and had with him besides 60 knights and their entourage, 150,000 florins of gold and much silver.
The Chinon Parchment was recently discovered in the secret archives of the Vatican and was supposedly the result of a couple of inquisitors sent by the Pope to determine the guilt of the Templars under arrest. The problem is there is no published record of it from the 14th century.
Cheers, Loki

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The number 184 works for me, but it really is a masonic symbol not a number! The stone cross is the key! It would not be a ship or a boat. It is a symbol of the Ark of the covenant! Remember people it has to be simple! You are making it to complicated! Cool picture of the turtle rock! Does it have a pointer, should be on the left side. The knights templar were there as well as George Washington!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember people it has to be simple! You are making it to complicated!

WAY ahead of you. The simple answer is there is nothing of Pirate Treasure, Templar Treasure, Shakespeare facebook posts, French Impressionist paint-by-numbers velvet Elvis portraits, Alien spaceships or Biblical myths buried on Oak Island. Zip. Nada.

Just as the evidence so indicates.

Last edited:

Wm the Conqueror

Mar 9, 2017
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Only a pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I think there is treasure, but the people there looking for treasure are never going to find it! The clues are there but not in that dam pit! They look stupid! If we were going to retrieve it it would have to be easy to get!

treasuretruth

Nov 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any new information on the Wilkins map? Any new leads on who crafted it, from what original or anything else interesting?

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Is there any new information on the Wilkins map? Any new leads on who crafted it, from what original or anything else interesting?

The problem is someone needs to look through the British Library collections. I had looked into hiring a library researcher but I can't afford their prices and really can't afford to go there. Mr. Wilkins gather information from the British Museum but the collections of papers were later transferred to the British Library. The vault is located off of the "Cave-in" pit but the Lagina's will never find it, they are too focused on on getting to the bottom of the "Money Pit".

Think about this, they were given the maps distances to dig from the money pit but they were also given the Longitude and Latitude based on my idea of were the original "Money Pit" was. Remember, Rick and Marty thought it would be fun to do a "Old Fashion" treasure hunt, so where did they start their measurements from if they didn't know where the original "Money Pit" was? They didn't know where it was until last year at the end of season 4. I want to know how far I was off with my location of the "Money Pit" to the recently found "Money Pit".

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But there has never been actual proof of a “money pit”. ...

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
No Proof , what proof would you expect? Remember at this time they had already passed the "Royal Proclamation Act of 1763" which made that part of Canada under British Rule, not to mention most of its wealth. Secrecy was not a bad idea back then if you wanted to keep what was yours. As for the Pit itself, its actual location was lost to time and 222 years of defacing of the environment and mans inability to use his head. The most important thing right now is the "Roper Survey" which was showing were the "Stones" were positioned before Robert Dunfield trashed the island. Weather it is the Westford Massachusetts "Boat Stone" or the "Overton Stone" found in Overton NS Canada or the Norumbega Vinland Stone found on the South Western end of Mahone Bay on the second peninsula and of coarse the "G" Stone being the most important which was found by Blankenship in 1965 while dozing a road. The problem being he didn't notice it until he had moved it from position. These stone are the true "Shepherds of Arcadia" left in a painting by Nicolas Poussin. "Et in Arcadia Ego" is unfinished or improper Latin. It has been noted the fourteen letters of Et in Arcadia Ego is an anagram of I Tego Arcana Dei; translated as Begone! I conceal the secrets of God. It was in 1542 Giovanni De Verrazino a Italian explorer working for the King of France called the east coast of the North American continent "Arcadia". The original Arcadia lies in Greece.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Proof , what proof would you expect? Remember at this time they had already passed the "Royal Proclamation Act of 1763" which made that part of Canada under British Rule, not to mention most of its wealth. Secrecy was not a bad idea back then if you wanted to keep what was yours. As for the Pit itself, its actual location was lost to time and 222 years of defacing of the environment and mans inability to use his head. The most important thing right now is the "Roper Survey" which was showing were the "Stones" were positioned before Robert Dunfield trashed the island. Weather it is the Westford Massachusetts "Boat Stone" or the "Overton Stone" found in Overton NS Canada or the Norumbega Vinland Stone found on the South Western end of Mahone Bay on the second peninsula and of coarse the "G" Stone being the most important which was found by Blankenship in 1965 while dozing a road. The problem being he didn't notice it until he had moved it from position. These stone are the true "Shepherds of Arcadia" left in a painting by Nicolas Poussin. "Et in Arcadia Ego" is unfinished or improper Latin. It has been noted the fourteen letters of Et in Arcadia Ego is an anagram of I Tego Arcana Dei; translated as Begone! I conceal the secrets of God. It was in 1542 Giovanni De Verrazino a Italian explorer working for the King of France called the east coast of the North American continent "Arcadia". The original Arcadia lies in Greece.

Can you provide just one sample of empirical evidence that a money pit actually existed instead of all the hypothetical things you list above? All of the items you list above just fall into the same bucket of whimsical rhetoric regarding the oak island hoax.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Can you provide just one sample of empirical evidence that a money pit actually existed instead of all the hypothetical things you list above? All of the items you list above just fall into the same bucket of whimsical rhetoric regarding the oak island hoax.

Lets see, it was over 64 years after the "Money Pit" was supposedly was found that someone actually published any information on it, No, I can not provide the Type of "Proof" that you asking and you have yet to prove it's a "Hoax", which put it in the terms of "Legend". But by the same parameters that you require, your sifting through the sands of a beach or around a "swing set" on a playground not to mention digging around the "old out house" for unknown treasure is a "waste", no pun intended. Because no one had documented the loss or had the "old two holer" surveyed and documented. It falls under the lines of "chance". I have a old grease pit in my garage, and it's been there for at least 60 years. If I filled it in does that mean it didn't exist? There is nothing in my property assessment that says I have it, there is no pictures of it and I am the only one who know's it's there. I am not trying to be rude, jut trying to make a point, what ever the original three's reason for keeping it a secret, something must have been there because and I will always go back to the only "Evidence" that has been proven is the "coconut fiber" lining the shores of "Smith's Cove". That was placed there by man, not by currents because if it were by currents the southern shores of Nova Scotia would be line with coconut husk fibers.

If it is truly were a "Hoax", I would have expected those original three to have told any who would have listen to become "wealthier" but that never happened and "Donald MacInnis" according to his last will and testament gave the land to his eldest son John. He was 69 years of age and passed in 1827, he was not a teenager as the stories are told, which shows how the stories can become obscured over time. With every "Legend" there is a little truth and that is what needs to be discovered not dismissed.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets see, it was over 64 years after the "Money Pit" was supposedly was found that someone actually published any information on it, No, I can not provide the Type of "Proof" that you asking and you have yet to prove it's a "Hoax", which put it in the terms of "Legend". But by the same parameters that you require, your sifting through the sands of a beach or around a "swing set" on a playground not to mention digging around the "old out house" for unknown treasure is a "waste", no pun intended. Because no one had documented the loss or had the "old two holer" surveyed and documented. It falls under the lines of "chance". I have a old grease pit in my garage, and it's been there for at least 60 years. If I filled it in does that mean it didn't exist? There is nothing in my property assessment that says I have it, there is no pictures of it and I am the only one who know's it's there. I am not trying to be rude, jut trying to make a point, what ever the original three's reason for keeping it a secret, something must have been there because and I will always go back to the only "Evidence" that has been proven is the "coconut fiber" lining the shores of "Smith's Cove". That was placed there by man, not by currents because if it were by currents the southern shores of Nova Scotia would be line with coconut husk fibers.

If it is truly were a "Hoax", I would have expected those original three to have told any who would have listen to become "wealthier" but that never happened and "Donald MacInnis" according to his last will and testament gave the land to his eldest son John. He was 69 years of age and passed in 1827, he was not a teenager as the stories are told, which shows how the stories can become obscured over time. With every "Legend" there is a little truth and that is what needs to be discovered not dismissed.

The same logic could also be applied to the Bigfoot hoax. The McGinnis brothers may have found something (and if there was something, kept it. Of course they never became rich). Anything after that is wild speculation and tall tales produced to procure and milk investments. The real treasure found at oak island was the money milked out of investors in the hoax. Today the same thing is called a ponzi scheme. I would love for someone to prove that there was a mysterious treasure on oak island whether it be the contents of King Solomon’s treasure, the Arc of the Covenant, William Shakespeare’s writings, Captain Kidd’s treasure, etc., but I don’t believe that will ever happen, especially when the power windmills are installed off the island’s beaches...

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
...something must have been there because and I will always go back to the only "Evidence" that has been proven is the "coconut fiber" lining the shores of "Smith's Cove".

You wrote that coconut fibers are definitely "lining the shores" of Smith's Cove. What is that statement based on?

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
You wrote that coconut fibers are definitely "lining the shores" of Smith's Cove. What is that statement based on?

The coconut fibers dug up at smiths cove. Look to season 1 episode 2 where the fibers were found and the tested by the university for verification. I am not saying that coconut fibers line the whole area of Smith Cove. Robert Dunfield from Triton had excavated a lot of the cove so I would assume that some has been removed. But non the less the coconut fibers can still be found buried at the cove. I doubt the current or Swallow had brought them.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
The coconut fibers dug up at smiths cove. Look to season 1 episode 2 where the fibers were found and the tested by the university for verification. I am not saying that coconut fibers line the whole area of Smith Cove.

You didn't say that exactly, no, but you said something similar. I quoted what you said above. Perhaps you should define what "lining the shores" means to you, because it seems to mean something else to me - as in, "sand lines the shores," or "seaweed lines the shores," or...well, you get it.

Robert Dunfield from Triton had excavated a lot of the cove so I would assume that some has been removed.

Were I a potential investor, something that I'd want to hear is that there was a large amount of coconut fibers from the Middle Ages on that beach. I wouldn't expect the guy asking for money to keep something like that a secret. Of course, the Woods Hole investigation was also kept secret, so who knows? Maybe they didn't want money. Or maybe there was nothing worth reporting. Those are logically the only two options that are simple and make sense. Pick whichever one that you like.

But non the less the coconut fibers can still be found buried at the cove. I doubt the current or Swallow had brought them.

So how many fibers are there?

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
You didn't say that exactly, no, but you said something similar. I quoted what you said above. Perhaps you should define what "lining the shores" means to you, because it seems to mean something else to me - as in, "sand lines the shores," or "seaweed lines the shores," or...well, you get it.

Were I a potential investor, something that I'd want to hear is that there was a large amount of coconut fibers from the Middle Ages on that beach. I wouldn't expect the guy asking for money to keep something like that a secret. Of course, the Woods Hole investigation was also kept secret, so who knows? Maybe they didn't want money. Or maybe there was nothing worth reporting. Those are logically the only two options that are simple and make sense. Pick whichever one that you like.

So how many fibers are there?

Oh dear God, if you had read the history of the island you would know what is implied and I believe you do...Just below the sand and dirt at Smith's Cove lies Coconut fibers...Better?

They have been talking about the coconut fiber since the 1800's and it has been proven that there is still fibers there and you want to know how many...in the show they have dug twice there in Smith's Cove and found coconut fibers and you think it's a coincident, what are the odds of digging two separate holes and finding those two rogue coconuts under ground? Because the nearest coconut is over 2000 miles away. Seeing how carbon dating is still a fairly new method I believe that they had shown investor the fibers that they had found and left out the 1260 to 1400 time period.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread