The Templars left a map to the treasure!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
It's almost 4:00 where you live . Besides, My job dictates I work the graveyard shift so I am like a vampire. vampire smiley.jpg

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks bjcvieira
by the way it is also good to check other treasure legends in Portugal..for example there was once a legend in Portugal that the retreating moors buried their gold as they retreated...but I couldnt find any real document to check for a possible locality though I saw one old newspaper clip about one morrish treaure being found in the mountains ..any ideas on such legends and possible sources?

TT

The Portuguese treasures that i know are the Templars, Romans and many shipwrecked reports too.

https://translate.google.com/transl...-iv-com-milhares-de-moedas_n162848&edit-text=

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bjcvieira
thanks..couldnt open what you posted..anyway check this old newspaper clip about a treasure found in Portugal..maybe there could be similar like this waiting out there..?

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=5YQFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2803,4700817&hl=en

TT

Nops never heard of that treasure, i know the place but never see any article or "legend" about gold in there, the link i posted was a treasure of 4000 romans coins that someone discover while doing some construction work.

If i found something interesting about it i will post.

thank you.

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nops never heard of that treasure, i know the place but never see any article or "legend" about gold in there, the link i posted was a treasure of 4000 romans coins that someone discover while doing some construction work.

If i found something interesting about it i will post.

thank you.

thanks bjcvieira....
yeah it is an old legend in spain and portugal about the departing wealthy Moors burying treasure but maybe not a well known legend anymore...maybe it is good to check the battle stories that took place and where,,, the major stronghold areas the moors maintained in the major battles,, ,and the retreat routes they took.....
TT

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps not a Templar treasure but treasure none the less, you prefer to check out the castle of Alcazaba?

View attachment 1298837

An interesting discovery in 1910.

Amy

Thanks Amy...resourceful as usual...I came across that story before but I am not sure if it is in Portugal,rather it is in Spain I think.None the less an important discovery in an area where the wealthy Moors once thrived....
Yes there are other treasure finds in Portugal besides the Templar legend...there were news of treasure finds of pirate hoards in coastal towns and salvage of treasure ships that sunk in coastal areas...

TT

Last edited:

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meanwhile i will like to share you all the origin of the name Portugal.

The name can be divided in 2 words Portu + Gal , this 2 words have in reality the mean of "Porto Graal" in english this means "grail port" or "grail harbor", this isn't just a accidental coincidence it was deliberated, Portugal was in reality a Templar Secret Project and the epicentre of the Templar Order, there is no other place on earth with so many Templar Lands, movies and documentaries have the tendency to show France as the most important place for Templars, this is is not true.

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meanwhile i will like to share you all the origin of the name Portugal.

The name can be divided in 2 words Portu + Gal , this 2 words have in reality the mean of "Porto Graal" in english this means "grail port" or "grail harbor", this isn't just a accidental coincidence it was deliberated, Portugal was in reality a Templar Secret Project and the epicentre of the Templar Order, there is no other place on earth with so many Templar Lands, movies and documentaries have the tendency to show France as the most important place for Templars, this is is not true.
That could be one explanation of the name,,,but the origin of the name is still debated,,,however the country especially the central part like tomar show their heavy presence,,and the emblems of the ships in the age of discovery were all templar related..,,no doubt they thrived there for long time,,,but did they hide their treasure there? That is the question,,
TT

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That could be one explanation of the name,,,but the origin of the name is still debated,,,however the country especially the central part like tomar show their heavy presence,,and the emblems of the ships in the age of discovery were all templar related..,,no doubt they thrived there for long time,,,but did they hide their treasure there? That is the question,,
TT

Tomar was the 2nd capital of the Portuguese Templars, the first capital was "Castro Marim" in Algarve (south of Portugal), there are Templar presence everywhere from north to south, about the Portuguese ships with the Templar flag, all the great Portuguese navigators were members of the Order Of Christ (Templar order renamed), more interesting is that Christopher Columbus (Salvador Fernandes Zarco) was in really Portuguese and member of the same order and his father in law was a master's degree of the order! check his misterius signature.

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The are many theories about where the Templars of "La Rochelle" took the treasure ( some do not even have in their history any evidence of the presence of the temple order like oak island) . But the truth is only one, the treasure was brought to Portugal , this was the port where the ships docked , it's called "Salir do Porto" still exists and still can feel a certain mysticism in place.

salirporto.jpg

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The are many theories about where the Templars of "La Rochelle" took the treasure ( some do not even have in their history any evidence of the presence of the temple order like oak island) . But the truth is only one, the treasure was brought to Portugal , this was the port where the ships docked , it's called "Salir do Porto" still exists and still can feel a certain mysticism in place.

View attachment 1323117

There is no evidence the Templar artifacts or treasure ended up in Portugal. Gerard de Villers was supposed to be the new Grandmaster of the Order, and he was never seen or mentioned in Portugal. Certainly many of the French Templars escaping arrest went to Portugal but IMHO the treasure and artifacts went to Nova Scotia (Acadia), by way of Scotland.
Btw, I never put much store in the Sinclair thing.
Cheers, Loki

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no evidence the Templar artifacts or treasure ended up in Portugal. Gerard de Villers was supposed to be the new Grandmaster of the Order, and he was never seen or mentioned in Portugal. Certainly many of the French Templars escaping arrest went to Portugal but IMHO the treasure and artifacts went to Nova Scotia (Acadia), by way of Scotland.
Btw, I never put much store in the Sinclair thing.
Cheers, Loki

There was no important presence of the order in scotland and there is absolutly no historical or archeological proof of templar presence in nova scotia in 1307 or in the next hundreds years after, nova scotia templar presence is in my point of view a complete hoax and i really don't understand how people believe in it, the first person that has some historial confirmation that could be in nova scotia is "Miguel Corte Real" (not Templar but order of christ) search for "Dighton Rock".

About the Portuguese reception of the french templars, yes there are evidences, most of the books and information about templars are a completely bullshit and some of the best books only exist in Portuguese (the best international book i have read about the templars is the one of freddy silva "first templar nation"), the templars were received by the Portuguese King (El Rei D.DINIS), the treasures (they were 2) were moved to Alcobaça monastery, then to TOMAR, the first treasure wasn't propriety of the order, it were the goods in custody of the order and they were slowly returned to the owners, the second was used to sponsored the Portuguese discoveries, both financially (gold and silver) and intellectual (books and knowledge), the only thing left are the files and relics (the most important in my point of view), the order of christ keep them safe until 1834, in 1834 the Portuguese king ordered the abolition of religious orders including the order of christ, then the files and relics disappeared without a trace, this is the only Templar treasure that still exists today, and the most important because it explains why the order was created in first place and what was the templar project and why they choose Portugal to be new "rome".

Another interesting issue is the confusion that is made between Templars and Masons, the Templars were not Masons, the Templars ideals are completely different from Masons, Masons used the Templar symbols without any connection with them and certainly without authorization from the templar, the Templars ended in 1307, the only place were the order continued was Portugal under the name of "Ordem de Cristo".

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There was no important presence of the order in scotland and there is absolutly no historical or archeological proof of templar presence in nova scotia in 1307 or in the next hundreds years after, nova scotia templar presence is in my point of view a complete hoax and i really don't understand how people believe in it, the first person that has some historial confirmation that could be in nova scotia is "Miguel Corte Real" (not Templar but order of christ) search for "Dighton Rock".

There is documentation of over 100 Templar Houses in Scotland. Scotland had no ties with the Church when the Pope issued the arrest order for all Templars in Europe in November of 1307. There is also evidence of a secret inner circle of the Order of which the Master of France was the leader, Gerard de Villiers. IMHO, if you find where Villiers went you find the special artifacts the Temple held.

A book telling you the artifacts are in Portugal is not proof, there were more books written on the Templar Order than any other Catholic Order, many of them contradictory to each other. There are many clues to their hiding place, only one of them is the Anson's monument at Shugborough with its very easy to decode coordinates which leads one to Nova Scotia.

There is evidence of an immediate change in the quality of stone carving in the early 14th century in the Scottish Western Highlands (of course not all Templars went across the ocean). There were only two Templars ever arrested in Scotland and those by English authorities in an English controlled area of Scotland. The Templars could have followed a simple map drawn by local Norse of the Western Highlands to follow the same route just used by the Viking replica ship, Dragon Hararld Fairhair to Vinland.

Yes, we know many escaped Templars went to Portugal, but remember Portugal was still under Catholic rule, not a safe haven for something that had to be kept out of Church hands.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

bjcvieira

Sep 25, 2015
LIsbon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is documentation of over 100 Templar Houses in Scotland. Scotland had no ties with the Church when the Pope issued the arrest order for all Templars in Europe in November of 1314. There is also evidence of a secret inner circle of the Order of which the Master of France was the leader, Gerard de Villiers. IMHO, if you find where Villiers went you find the special artifacts the Temple held.

A book telling you the artifacts are in Portugal is not proof, there were more books written on the Templar Order than any other Catholic Order, many of them contradictory to each other. There are many clues to their hiding place, only one of them is the Anson's monument at Shugborough with its very easy to decode coordinates which leads one to Nova Scotia.

There is evidence of an immediate change in the quality of stone carving in the early 14th century in the Scottish Western Highlands (of course not all Templars went across the ocean). There were only two Templars ever arrested in Scotland and those by English authorities in an English controlled area of Scotland. The Templars could have followed a simple map drawn by local Norse of the Western Highlands to follow the same route just used by the Viking replica ship, Dragon Hararld Fairhair to Vinland.

Yes, we know many escaped Templars went to Portugal, but remember Portugal was still under Catholic rule, not a safe haven for something that had to be kept out of Church hands.
Cheers, Loki

Hello,

I respect your opinion, but I will have to say to you that is completely wrong, when I speak of books and manuscripts, I speak of historical research that proofs by elements and old reports what happened, I understand that the people of Nova Scotia and Scotland want to believe that their home played an important role for the order and that there is a "treasure" near by but unfortunately this is not true, the order of the temple ended in 1307, and as you know it was an international order with commendations in different countries, the only country that the order remained virtually untouch was Portugal and this is not a theory it's a FACT, nobody will never find any Templar treasure in Nova Scotia for the simple reason that the Templars never went there, there are two ways to search for the truth about the Templars, to embrace crosses and myths or with historical research looking elements that lead us to the truth, you make a series of assumptions without any historical elements, while in Portugal there are elements in old records that explain what happened, in fact the story is much deeper than that and to understand the history of the templars is necessary to understand the history of Portugal, the most important relics had been brought to Portugal before and were not even in France at the time, the biggest secret of the Templars has to do with the true history of Christ and their willingness to unify the three major religions against the Roman Catholic Church that changed the gospel's purposely, unfortunately we have little international books about this and the Templar theme was turned to mysticism, esoteric and alleged hidden treasures in places of the world they never went instead of the true nature of the order and the Templar Project.

In relation to the king of Portugal and that Portugal at that time was leaded by "Catholic rule", try read some of Portugal history to understand that all the Portuguese kings up to a certain period were all Templars knights and their relation with the Catholic church was very bad, but even so D.Dinis was a very smart king and knew it could not receive all the French Templars In Portugal because spies of the church and of the king of France may be send to search for them, so only the treasure and some of the most important members actually stayed here, the others started a new life in other place i will not reveal for now.

The informations/books/maps brought from France in conjunction with all the things the Portuguese Templars already had, gave rise to a small country called Portugal to develop the best nautical technology in the world, the most advanced ships, the most advanced maps who lead them to the discovery of almost half of the world.

Portuguese_discoveries_and_explorationsV2en.png

Where were the suposed Scottish Templars with anciente secrets at this time and the hundreds years after ?

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

I respect your opinion, but I will have to say to you that is completely wrong, when I speak of books and manuscripts, I speak of historical research that proofs by elements and old reports what happened, I understand that the people of Nova Scotia and Scotland want to believe that their home played an important role for the order and that there is a "treasure" near by but unfortunately this is not true, the order of the temple ended in 1307, and as you know it was an international order with commendations in different countries, the only country that the order remained virtually untouch was Portugal and this is not a theory it's a FACT

You may know a lot about Portugal, but evidently not so much about the Knights Templar. First, they were not disbanded until 1312. The Scottish King was the first to gift the Templars land and whether you want to believe it or not, Scotland had over 100 Templar Houses, two of the most important being at Midlothian and Maryculter. As I said there were only two Templars arrested in Scotland, and those were by the English, not the Scots! In the testimony of one of those arrested, he claimed his Master had fled across the sea. As I said, and you seem to forget, I don't doubt many Templars escaped to Portugal and probably took some wealth with them, but the artifacts to be hidden from the Church IMHO went to Nova Scotia.
How can you say members of the Order never went to Nova Scotia? There were at least 2500 unaccounted for from France alone. And what about Villiers, do you have evidence he went to Portugal? According to some reports He took over as Grand Master after De Molays arrest, which only makes sense as he was the Master of France. And what of the inner circle?
Cheers, Loki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread