Season Two - Nov. 4, 2014 9:00 pm

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ouch! or Aie!

:laughing7:

So Sorry ! in my mind Nothing in France can possibly have to do with a small Island in Nova Scotia.

Of course This is My opinion.
it does not mean everyone needs to agree.

:occasion14:

French Canadian.jpg

Canada was the name of the French colony that once stretched along the St. Lawrence River; the other colonies of New France were Acadia, Louisiana and the south shore of Newfoundland.[1] Canada, the most developed colony of New France, was divided into three districts, each with its own government: Quebec, Trois-Rivières, and Montreal. The governor of the District of Quebec was also the governor-general of all New France.[1]

Because of the level of development of Canada compared to the other colonies, the terms "Canada" and "New France" were often used interchangeably.[2] After the Treaty of Paris of 1763, when France ceded Canada and its dependencies to Great Britain

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for your input.

This legend is part of our lore and therefore part of our culture here in Nova Scotia. It existed long before the show and will likely exist after the show. It is in the hearts of many Nova Scotians.

I grew up learning that captain Kidd had perhaps buried his pirate gold just a few miles from where I was born. Which is perhaps why it is so difficult for me to abandon this mystery.

There is no need for you or anyone else to abandon this mystery. As a Nova Scotian I have no intention of doing so regardless of those who believe or don't believe there is something there. I enjoy most posts here, not all, but most. What gets me is the level of derision found sometimes, as I just don't see how this promotes respectful dialogue, but that's just me.

We are an old part of the New World here, visited long before Columbus ever took a chance. So much of the history of this part of North America remains unacknowledged and therefore unknown.

If this series even locates one smidgeon of a door into our province's past, I for one will be always grateful.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey New Gold, check out the St. Mary's River up in Cape Breton and the shipyard found there. Or the stories of the early French encountering "wild men" who were not native. According to the history books, they just shouldn't have been there. Even the Mi'kmaq spoke of them. There is old history here. Very old. Whether or not Oak Island will bear witness to this is what keeps me tuned in.

uzzard

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: I'm Convinced there is nothing in the Money pit in the first place.

So Sorry ! in my mind Nothing in France can possibly have to do with a small Island in Nova Scotia.

Of course This is My opinion.
it does not mean everyone needs to agree.

it just means, I can't prove a negative,
prove me wrong, by showing me a Treasure :occasion14:

One of the statues over there had a corn cob on the base...........which before long "corn" theories will start popping up.

A dual cypher from an engraved rock that may or may not have existed .....that says dump corn in flood tunnels that certainly didn't exist........but even if they did carried an extreme volume of water that corn will plug up.

I can't see any problems here.Tell me which way that corn cob is pointing and I will start digging.......or should I be dumping corn out there?
Now I am confused.....can someone paste some type of design over a cornfield and help me out here.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the beginning of treasures being buried, treasures have been found. I wonder how many of these treasures, great or small, have been proved to exist before they were found. Does that mean those treasures are not real because they were not proved to exist before finding? Personally, I like to look for probability of a treasure being real, but as for proof, I'm guessing that rarely, if ever, happens.

in my mind it depends.

To me every treasure story is based on some facts.

but again,
Hocus-pocus and treasures buried hundreds of feet deep
with booby traps, are not believable facts in my eyes.

if there is a treasure on oak island,
it was buried quickly at a spot that could be just as easily retrieved.

[ Highest spot on the island & as close to a natural feature as possible]

& no I don't think someone would bury a treasure in the bottom of an abandoned mine,
and trust retrieval by him only, would be as simple.

and I don't believe someone would dig a pit that deep,
then tunnel to the Ocean :tongue3: in order to booby trap the Pit.

unless they were burying a Nuclear weapon.
unfortunately the time period does not lend itself to nuclear technology.
you need to go back another 100,000 years, maybe Millions of years,
for that.

Untitledkk.jpg

I would think a treasure buried that deep by someone,
would be considered safe throughout their life
as it is :laughing7:

Of course I'm going on the assumption from yarns told,
this "whatever", was supposedly buried a few hundred years ago ?
and not back before life was destroyed by war or mishap the last time around.

and if the technology to create the original money pit as described ,
was available even 200 years ago.
today they should be able to re-open it completly
in one season

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What if you were on a "Special Mission" for the King ? Champlain labeled his map with the letter V for this area......

BINGO looking across the map.. you can see the little cats paw print scribed as a symbol.....

View attachment 1090755

If I am not mistaken, the Hobson Island Rock and the Coffer Dam at Smiths Cove both feature a V carved, and the Champlain map shows this area as Isles De Martires........ located right near Martin's Point

The Sailboat Stones and Nolan Cross Headstone Carving lines up with the trove location in Lake Champlain as well, giving the French Connection, and the Poussin Code, being the best chance as being the source of these structures at New Ross and Bayers Lake near Halifax.

They all line up to show what the Special Mission was all about. Moving a trove from France to the New World.

1595 to 1598, beginning as a quartermaster responsible for the feeding and care of horses. During this time he claimed to go on a "certain secret voyage" for the king

Last edited:
O

Old Silver

One of the statues over there had a corn cob on the base...........which before long "corn" theories will start popping up.

A dual cypher from an engraved rock that may or may not have existed .....that says dump corn in flood tunnels that certainly didn't exist........but even if they did carried an extreme volume of water that corn will plug up.

I can't see any problems here.Tell me which way that corn cob is pointing and I will start digging.......or should I be dumping corn out there?
Now I am confused.....can someone paste some type of design over a cornfield and help me out here.

And how exactly will that hurt you? Please explain.

O

Old Silver

in my mind it depends.

To me every treasure story is based on some facts.

but again,
Hocus-pocus and treasures buried hundreds of feet deep
with booby traps, are not believable facts in my eyes.

if there is a treasure on oak island,
it was buried quickly at a spot that could be just as easily retrieved.

[ Highest spot on the island & as close to a natural feature as possible]

& no I don't think someone would bury a treasure in the bottom of an abandoned mine,
and trust retrieval by him only, would be as simple.

and I don't believe someone would dig a pit that deep,
then tunnel to the Ocean :tongue3: in order to booby trap the Pit.

unless they were burying a Nuclear weapon.
unfortunately the time period does not lend itself to nuclear technology.
you need to go back another 100,000 years, maybe Millions of years,
for that.

View attachment 1090760

I would think a treasure buried that deep by someone,
would be considered safe throughout their life
as it is :laughing7:

Of course I'm going on the assumption from yarns told,
this "whatever", was supposedly buried a few hundred years ago ?
and not back before life was destroyed by war or mishap the last time around.

and if the technology to create the original money pit as described ,
was available even 200 years ago.
today they should be able to re-open it completly
in one season

Nice find on the Bagdad battery. Actually, that dates back to only 2000-2500 years. Nuclear dates back only a little before that. And yes, it did exist.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody has done a geiger reading of Oak Island, so how would they know they found the radioactive Ark?

The thing supposedly had energy coming out of it that was described as being nuclear, and would be directed at their enemies.......whoa.......

so the scanners would all be going nuts wherever the Ark was taken and stored......

They can see nukes from the satellites on scanners so they can also find something like the Ark I would think.

O

Old Silver

Nobody has done a geiger reading of Oak Island, so how would they know they found the radioactive Ark?

The thing supposedly had energy coming out of it that was described as being nuclear, and would be directed at their enemies.......whoa.......

so the scanners would all be going nuts wherever the Ark was taken and stored......

They can see nukes from the satellites on scanners so they can also find something like the Ark I would think.

The Ark was not radioactive. That's two different subject and two different time frames.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Hebrews 9:4 states that the Ark contained "the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant." Revelation 11:19 says the prophet saw God's temple in heaven opened, "and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple.""

I still think of you had something that you really didn't want someone to find you'd just destroy it. If you wanted to keep it safe(or couldn't destroy it) I would think it would be dropped into the deepest known ocean or buried somewhere as deep as humanly possible.

With all the places that the Ark and Grail could be; if it's not on Oak Island it's probably nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Is Aaron's Rod really in the Ark or outside of it and buried at Oak Island?

"Hebrews 9:4 states that the Ark contained "the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant." Revelation 11:19 says the prophet saw God's temple in heaven opened, "and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple.""

I still think of you had something that you really didn't want someone to find you'd just destroy it. If you wanted to keep it safe(or couldn't destroy it) I would think it would be dropped into the deepest known ocean or buried somewhere as deep as humanly possible.

With all the places that the Ark and Grail could be; if it's not on Oak Island it's probably nowhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron's Rod.gif

Aaron was the elder of Moses by 3 years and although no mention of his height was made, Moses was described as tall and ruddy.

This being the case, all paintings/pictures of them holding a staff depicts the staff to be taller than themselves.

Sheppard’s staffs of this era were also somewhat taller than the owner.

The law's of mathematics show that the largest rod that could fit into an Ark of the Covenant reported to be 27”x 27”x 45” is 59”

This may confirm with the writings that the Rod of Aaron was not placed inside the Ark of Covenant but outside of it and in front.

Kings 8:9
(NIV) There was nothing in the ark except the two stone tablets that Moses had placed in it at Horeb, where the Lord made a covenant with the Israelites after they came out of Egypt

Numbers
17:10 (NIV) The Lord said to Moses, “Put back Aaron’s staff in front of the ark of the covenant law, to be kept as a sign to the rebellious. This will put an end to their grumbling against me, so that they will not die.”

If the Ark of the Covenant is or was a part of the “Treasure of Oak Island” then one should find the "Rod of Aaron" lying near to it but not inside.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure they ran a lot of test on Oak Island that they don't talk about . Not sure if a Geiger counter would locate the Grail since uranium is found all over the area. We have it in New Ross and last year a big company wanted to mine it. The locals put that idea to sleep. I know I have the mineral rights to a large part of New Ross. We tried a Geiger counter at the New Ross site and it went off , that's why some of our treasure hunting equipment did not work. The drinking water in New Ross is bad because of the uranium. I would think they would get readings on Oak Island but could one believe them to be the Ark.:icon_scratch:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I am sure they ran a lot of test on Oak Island that they don't talk about .

Indeed. I'm reminded of the investigation that Triton had done, and the fact that they didn't want to discuss it afterwards.

Not sure if a Geiger counter would locate the Grail since uranium is found all over the area.

I was not aware of that. It's not generally thought of as a uranium-producing area. Of course, there are other areas not typically thought of as uranium-producing that have produced (the American west, for instance), so not being "on the list" really doesn't mean much.

We tried a Geiger counter at the New Ross site and it went off , that's why some of our treasure hunting equipment did not work. The drinking water in New Ross is bad because of the uranium. I would think they would get readings on Oak Island but could one believe them to be the Ark.:icon_scratch:

If you don't mind me asking, what did your background levels look like? What radiac(s) were you using? Was there more than one radiac used? How were the operators trained and what were their backgrounds and experience levels like? Were the calibration and source checking on the radiacs up to date?

The reason that I'm asking all of this is that a radiac can tell you some pretty crazy things if you let it. Even trained technicians screw things up sometimes. It's far more complicated than simply turning the radiac on and waving a probe around.

I'm not aware of how ionizing radiation will inhibit devices that utilize non-ionizing radiation in order to function, but I'll freely admit that I'm not an expert on the non-ionizing side of the field. I do know that I've caught a few millirem in my time in spaces that had plenty of electronics in them, not limited to my watch and some of my tools, and all of them continued to work fine. Can you explain to me exactly how ionizing radiation interfered with your treasure hunting equipment?

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dave, I wish I could answer your questions but I did not run the device, we had someone called in to check it out. When we dug a 12' deep hole at the site we found green gray stones called Magnetite but some had green like glass on them and the dozer operator said to stay away from it, he thought it was uranium. The expert came in and said it was peridoe a bright green stone worth money but in bigger chunks. He ran the test anyway. I am just a treasure hunter and I have no idea what the readings were. He got readings and he said that's why most of our equipment did not run right. It wasn't just our treasure hunting equipment that messed up, it was other things with the film crew camera and recording equipment. I been doing treasure hunting for 40 years and this site drove me and my crew nuts. When you have high grade clay with quartz, and magnetic stones ( Magnetite), and uranium all at the same site , the equipment will messed up. It took a few trips to the site before we figured out what to use.
The people that live in the area have health problems from drinking the water. But the water from the Holy Well at the site is OK to drink. Joan Hope lived to 92 and her husband Ron is 98 and they drank the water , and they said that's how they lived so long.????:dontknow:
Indeed. I'm reminded of the investigation that Triton had done, and the fact that they didn't want to discuss it afterwards.

I was not aware of that. It's not generally thought of as a uranium-producing area. Of course, there are other areas not typically thought of as uranium-producing that have produced (the American west, for instance), so not being "on the list" really doesn't mean much.

If you don't mind me asking, what did your background levels look like? What radiac(s) were you using? Was there more than one radiac used? How were the operators trained and what were their backgrounds and experience levels like? Were the calibration and source checking on the radiacs up to date?

The reason that I'm asking all of this is that a radiac can tell you some pretty crazy things if you let it. Even trained technicians screw things up sometimes. It's far more complicated than simply turning the radiac on and waving a probe around.

I'm not aware of how ionizing radiation will inhibit devices that utilize non-ionizing radiation in order to function, but I'll freely admit that I'm not an expert on the non-ionizing side of the field. I do know that I've caught a few millirem in my time in spaces that had plenty of electronics in them, not limited to my watch and some of my tools, and all of them continued to work fine. Can you explain to me exactly how ionizing radiation interfered with your treasure hunting equipment?

Tratt

May 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a good point by someone earlier that they could have simply dropped a camera in the drill hole with a rope or something, or make new holes for that purpose. It wouldn't cost much. It wouldn't work if the walls of the hole collapse right after the drill is out, but there should be some solution to that.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a good point by someone earlier that they could have simply dropped a camera in the drill hole with a rope or something, or make new holes for that purpose. It wouldn't cost much. It wouldn't work if the walls of the hole collapse right after the drill is out, but there should be some solution to that.

10x Borehole was filmed this same way

Looks like a pic axe handle to me...

No wonder the old guy stuck around so long

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight's episode seemed like filler......

and the information posted seemed truly far reaching, as they went to Scotland to inspect more " Corn Clues " ........

This time the trail of Bacon Bits and Corn on the Cob led them to locate something in relation to a spot at the edge of the swamp, through a study of the blueprint of the Rosalyn Chapel.....how they make this connection is beyond me......

this made the show seem definitely.....well.....

corny to say the least......they seem to be holding onto their corn quite comfortably with this theory, but unfortunately they are jerking us around......LOL

They derived a measurement in a direct line, and multiplied the number by the builders yard of the time......which then led them to the far edge of the swamp.......yet they are draining the whole thing?

Anyways the measurement was something I noticed as being out of place, according to any markers there.....

The swamp is drained in next episode......possible locations of hits on scanners, and we might get to see some artifacts.

They need a scanner mounted to one of these.......make the show real exciting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dropped a dime on my floor.

do you think history channel will send be to Scotland to look for important clues ,
on where it might be ?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread