SPANISH COINS mean Spainish treasure..

O

Old Silver

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Silver,

Don't bang on Charlie for being skeptical. To a point, we need skeptics to keep us honest. Some skeptics aren't actually skeptics. They just automatically gainsay everything anybody says to be contrary. That's not a skeptic. That's a troll. Not wanting to turn this into a Political discussion, but it fits here:

America (like nature) works best when everything is in balance. For every Bible Thumping, Gun Toting, Queer Hating, Right Wing Republican, we need a Mamby Pamby, Tree Hugging, Queer, Left Wing Liberal. Too much of either side and things get all screwed up. Too much on the right, and we get Religious Zealots with too much power. Too much on the left, we get government babysitters taking away all our rights.

So, for every Treasure Story True Believer, we need a Treasure Story Skeptic. Keeps everything grounded. When I first hear of a treasure story, I have to put on my skeptic hat. I have to find out if the people named really existed. Is it possible. Even if there is no or very little documented evidence to support a story, over the years I have learned how to read circumstantial evidence. I'm 51 years old, and don't have the time to be chasing wild geese. HAHAHA

But like I said before to Charlie. I don't care if you believe what I said or not. You asked a question, and I answered it. I don't have anything to prove to you. I speak from over twenty years experience in research and wearing out boot leather in some of the most God Awful places on the face of this Earth. If you want proof, then go find it. I promise you it is out there. Its difficult to find, but not impossible. I am not the only person to find that information.

I appreciate if wealth is found mumm is the word. PT me the images of your Audi Quatro and villa on the ocean and I'll be mumm. Scouts honor.

I wouldn't buy a Quattro. I laugh when I see people paying cash for cars. Someone writes a check for $40K or $50K. I look at that, and think that in three years that car will be worth about $15K. For me to drop $50K on a car, it will be something that won't lose value. See, you make the mistake of a lot of people who don't know business:

BUSINESS 101: Buy things that gain value (classic cars, gold, silver, jewels, etc). You lease things that lose value (cars, boats, planes, helicopters).

Mike

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well played.

And stock in liquor companies: People drink when they're happy and they drink when they're sad.

Thank you for answering. But I'm not looking for treasure. I'm looking for evidence someone else found the treasure.

Do not doubt for a minute someone wrote an affidavit that he had seen 93,000,000 troy ounces extracted. Do doubt the word of someone who had previously took an oath to obey orders, likely had been ordered to keep quiet - so the conflicting oaths cancel his reliability for adhering to an oath. Or, he may have truly believed what he saw was gold when it was soil from a Titan II silo excavation. What is missing is corroborating evidence. Second witness, manifests, some Major suddenly owning a 90,000 acre ranch outside Houston, etc.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

Not a Bible Thumper - but I've read it through a couple times and am humble enough to freely admit I don't know the answers and so trust that He does while remaining skeptical of those that claim to speak for Him.

I'm truly not looking for teasure. I know it's about break even if you succeed in most cases with shipwrecks and prospecting. I hardly keep myself in gas and batteries coin shooting and I do that for fun.

I just find it interesting that so many treasure legends persist without resolution.

Charlie

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Gollum? I've enjoyed your posts here and elsewhere, just so you know. You have some good stories and excellent advice.

What I posted is the tip of the iceberg regarding treasures found. I have been fortunate in that in the twenty odd years I have been doing this, I have met several people who got their great wealth from finds made in the US and Mexico.

And I believe you, but how many of them recovered their treasures from Victorio Peak?

Don't just expect everybody else to just puke up decades of personal research. I promise you though, that if you spend the time and effort, you will find much of the same I have found.

Likewise, do not assume that anyone that doesn't believe in a treasure legend hasn't done their homework. People love a good story. It's generally the people that did their homework that find problems with the better-known treasure legends.

As for the lesser-known ones...well, they don't often get discussed in public, do they? That's why they're lesser-known after all. :)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well played.

And stock in liquor companies: People drink when they're happy and they drink when they're sad.

Thank you for answering. But I'm not looking for treasure. I'm looking for evidence someone else found the treasure.

Do not doubt for a minute someone wrote an affidavit that he had seen 93,000,000 troy ounces extracted. Do doubt the word of someone who had previously took an oath to obey orders, likely had been ordered to keep quiet - so the conflicting oaths cancel his reliability for adhering to an oath. Or, he may have truly believed what he saw was gold when it was soil from a Titan II silo excavation. What is missing is corroborating evidence. Second witness, manifests, some Major suddenly owning a 90,000 acre ranch outside Houston, etc.

Not a Bible Thumper - but I've read it through a couple times and am humble enough to freely admit I don't know the answers and so trust that He does while remaining skeptical of those that claim to speak for Him.

I'm truly not looking for teasure. I know it's about break even if you succeed in most cases with shipwrecks and prospecting. I hardly keep myself in gas and batteries coin shooting and I do that for fun.

I just find it interesting that so many treasure legends persist without resolution.

Charlie

No worries Charlie. But therein lies the rub! HAHAHA The people that have found large amounts of treasure (from whatever source) aren't going to broadcast their finds. The people I have met took several years of friendship and a lot of tests of trustworthiness before they broke out the photo albums. So, unless you get the bug and really get into this, chances are you may not ever get the proof you require.

There are even a couple of folks here on TNet that were made wealthy from deciphering of a map. You may or may not ever find out who they are, but I leave that to them to reveal themselves. Like I said, I am not here to convince anyone of anything. Just answering questions.

Capt Swanner is only one of several people involved in the removal, refining, and resale of the wealth from Victorio Peak that we have found out about. Swanner had an idea that this secret operation might not be legal, so he covered his a$$ with the affidavit. He never came out publicly with the information. Right after the 1961 removal, he was hurriedly sent overseas. They bounced him around a lot and shortly after he returned home, he died a horrible death. His wife described him as being all swollen up and he died in agony. It happened all of a sudden. Sounds a lot like poisoning to me. If you want the full story in all its gory detail, I highly suggest buying The Gold House Trilogy of books. No, I didn't write them, nor do I receive any benefit from them. They are simply the best books ever written on the subject.

The Gold House Trilogy

Mike

O

Old Silver

Old Silver,

Don't bang on Charlie for being skeptical. To a point, we need skeptics to keep us honest. Some skeptics aren't actually skeptics. They just automatically gainsay everything anybody says to be contrary. That's not a skeptic. That's a troll. Not wanting to turn this into a Political discussion, but it fits here:

America (like nature) works best when everything is in balance. For every Bible Thumping, Gun Toting, Queer Hating, Right Wing Republican, we need a Mamby Pamby, Tree Hugging, Queer, Left Wing Liberal. Too much of either side and things get all screwed up. Too much on the right, and we get Religious Zealots with too much power. Too much on the left, we get government babysitters taking away all our rights.

So, for every Treasure Story True Believer, we need a Treasure Story Skeptic. Keeps everything grounded. When I first hear of a treasure story, I have to put on my skeptic hat. I have to find out if the people named really existed. Is it possible. Even if there is no or very little documented evidence to support a story, over the years I have learned how to read circumstantial evidence. I'm 51 years old, and don't have the time to be chasing wild geese. HAHAHA

But like I said before to Charlie. I don't care if you believe what I said or not. You asked a question, and I answered it. I don't have anything to prove to you. I speak from over twenty years experience in research and wearing out boot leather in some of the most God Awful places on the face of this Earth. If you want proof, then go find it. I promise you it is out there. Its difficult to find, but not impossible. I am not the only person to find that information.Mike

I respectfully disagree. I've been a cache hunter long enough to know better than fall for everything I hear, I certainly don't need skeptics to keep me grounded. I have done far more research than actual hunting, so I know a little something about finding evidence. I just get tired of people thinking that buried treasure comes with flashing signs that say "DIG HERE."

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aaaaaahh Silver,

You take it too personally. HAHAHA I didn't necessarily mean keep individuals grounded. I was making a point about the world in general. It needs balance. Balance in nature. Balance in religion. Balance in politics. Balance in treasure hunting.

When I said keeping us honest, I meant that a lot of times we can take a comfortable path into a story. You may think you don't, but trust me! EVERYBODY does. Based on your life experiences. Your level of intelligence. Your character. You take certain biases into a story. I see it all the time. Take Victorio Peak. Doc Noss was a heavy drinker. A brawler. A character. He went to jail a few times for drinking, fighting, and brandishing a gun at a waitress in a restaurant. Because of that, there are some people that 100% discount everything he said or wrote. They think every word out of Doc's Mouth was a lie. I don't agree. I take what he said with a big grain of salt, but I don't discount what he said. If you say that you NEVER do that, then you are fooling yourself.

DAVE RISHAR,

First Thanks for the compliment. I have always been pretty much a no $hit kind of guy when it comes to treasure hunting. Enough BS'ers, Egomaniacs, and Cloud Watchers out there.

OKay, I'll bite. Give me a better known treasure legend, and what problems you see with it. If it's one that I have spent time on, and can intelligently speak to, then we can talk.

Mike

Last edited:
O

Old Silver

Aaaaaahh Silver,

You take it too personally. HAHAHA I didn't necessarily mean keep individuals grounded. I was making a point about the world in general. It needs balance. Balance in nature. Balance in religion. Balance in politics. Balance in treasure hunting.

When I said keeping us honest, I meant that a lot of times we can take a comfortable path into a story. You may think you don't, but trust me! EVERYBODY does. Based on your life experiences. Your level of intelligence. Your character. You take certain biases into a story. I see it all the time. Take Victorio Peak. Doc Noss was a heavy drinker. A brawler. A character. He went to jail a few times for drinking, fighting, and brandishing a gun at a waitress in a restaurant. Because of that, there are some people that 100% discount everything he said or wrote. They think every word out of Doc's Mouth was a lie. I don't agree. I take what he said with a big grain of salt, but I don't discount what he said. If you say that you NEVER do that, then you are fooling yourself.

DAVE RISHAR,

First Thanks for the compliment. I have always been pretty much a no $hit kind of guy when it comes to treasure hunting. Enough BS'ers, Egomaniacs, and Cloud Watchers out there.

OKay, I'll bite. Give me a better known treasure legend, and what problems you see with it. If it's one that I have spent time on, and can intelligently speak to, then we can talk.

Mike

No, that's pretty much what I meant, we don't need skeptics to keep our world balanced. Not taking it personal, just get tired of all the negativity from these guys. No, I was making the point that people are smart enough to find their way, and I don't think negative people are needed for any balance. I figured it out on my own, so I think others can do the same. Without skepticism. That's my opinion, anyway.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Goes along with my blood type: O negative.

Which, by the way, I have given 106 pints to the Red Cross because I feel an obligation to help strangers. Like beeping your horn when you see another driver weaving erratically and maybe nodding off.

Beep! Beep!

I'm O-, too; singing BEATLES... "Beep, beep, a-beep, beep... YEAH!" (Drive My Car).

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
<cut>
If you want the full story in all its gory detail, I highly suggest buying The Gold House Trilogy of books. No, I didn't write them, nor do I receive any benefit from them. They are simply the best books ever written on the subject.

The Gold House Trilogy

Mike

I agree that Book 1 of this trilogy is the best information we have so far on the Noss story, with lots of documentation provided by Doc Noss's descendants that was unavailable prior to its publication. The book is essentially written by a supporter for the well-worn Noss allegations and an apologist for Doc's legacy. However, if you read the material objectively, you'll realize that there are alternative interpretations leading to another plausible history of the Noss years and later.

For those who are interested, there is a current thread in the "Victorio Peak" Category - "DOC NOSS - Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains", that discusses the Noss story. There have been similar VP discussions for decades. I guess Mike would classify me as one of those nasty skeptics, but I prefer to label myself as a fair-minded truth seeker. I ask questions and not only consider the responses, but also the reasons why people believe in what they do. Ultimately, we all have to develop our own working models of reality.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that Book 1 of this trilogy is the best information we have so far on the Noss story, with lots of documentation provided by Doc Noss's descendants that was unavailable prior to its publication. The book is essentially written by a supporter for the well-worn Noss allegations and an apologist for Doc's legacy. However, if you read the material objectively, you'll realize that there are alternative interpretations leading to another plausible history of the Noss years and later.

For those who are interested, there is a current thread in the "Victorio Peak" Category - "DOC NOSS - Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains", that discusses the Noss story. There have been similar VP discussions for decades. I guess Mike would classify me as one of those nasty skeptics, but I prefer to label myself as a fair-minded truth seeker. I ask questions and not only consider the responses, but also the reasons why people believe in what they do. Ultimately, we all have to develop our own working models of reality.

SDCFIA,

If you use the word "nasty" to describe skeptics, then you are doing that yourself, and you OBVIOUSLY haven't read anything I posted here. R.I.F.

Mike

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I respectfully disagree. I've been a cache hunter long enough to know better than fall for everything I hear, I certainly don't need skeptics to keep me grounded. I have done far more research than actual hunting, so I know a little something about finding evidence. I just get tired of people thinking that buried treasure comes with flashing signs that say "DIG HERE."

No joke, I hate the aftershock some people go through when they realize they have been searching in the wrong place.......for years....>!

the word critique, means to take something and put it through a focused and completely thorough study, taking an exploded view of working parts and offering BOTH the positive and negative aspects of the facts involved, using the physical evidence....not the train of thought a person takes

What most people think are facts are really biased opinions, reinforced either from their own ideologies, or from their environmental influences.

No one here is gawking for attention, but tons of people are excited about their own discoveries, and are willing to keep the spirit alive by sharing pics here.....

Whoever thinks a critical study of something requires being a total all out DB in attempting to debunk a post, to prove something wrong, is only doing themselves a further injustice by not actually enjoying their own lives.

Ive already backed out of plenty of armchair discussions, and websites, due to the lack of honesty from the members, moderators, and fairness on their parts of correcting the antagonist

It happens almost everywhere.........and people hide their snide remarks behind the opportunity to openly 'express' their opinions.......I dont get it. As if we cannot see the difference.

Last edited:
O

Old Silver

What I look for in treasure leads are probabilities. Rarely will you find 100% irrefutable proof of the existence of a treasure cache. If you wait until you find that, you'll probably never go treasure hunting. What I like to do is weigh the evidence to see if there's more reason to believe than to disbelieve. Whichever way the scales tip is the most PROBABLE, and therefore worth my time. My main objective is not to get rich, but to enjoy what I'm doing. If you enjoy the hunt, then you've already found a treasure. Who wouldn't want to be on the hunt for a cache they believe has a better than 50% chance of being real?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I look for in treasure leads are probabilities. Rarely will you find 100% irrefutable proof of the existence of a treasure cache. If you wait until you find that, you'll probably never go treasure hunting. What I like to do is weigh the evidence to see if there's more reason to believe than to disbelieve. Whichever way the scales tip is the most PROBABLE, and therefore worth my time. My main objective is not to get rich, but to enjoy what I'm doing. If you enjoy the hunt, then you've already found a treasure. Who wouldn't want to be on the hunt for a cache they believe has a better than 50% chance of being real?

I agree almost 100%. While there is something to be said for the "thrill of the chase", I personally see that as a far afterthought to getting the booty!

Mike

O

Old Silver

I agree almost 100%. While there is something to be said for the "thrill of the chase", I personally see that as a far afterthought to getting the booty!

Mike

Make no mistake, the booty is part of the equation. But would you rather hunt for, and find, a cache, or have someone walk up to you and give you one? It's like hunting and fishing. You could be given a stringer full of fish, but a fisherman would much rather catch them himself.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone ever found treasure by following signs or a "map"?

Ever?

Anyone?

Now again while I don't believe finding a single coin or a few coins signifies a treasure trove is near.

Since you asked...

Why yes I do! TWO of them in fact!

They are not as obscure or questionable as the stories already mentioned.

The finding of both of them is well documented.

For both the discovery and interpretation of a map was in a big way related to the finding of the resting places of both those massive treasures.

Initial searches in part started from “tall tales” and “hearsay” and of obscure references to ancient documents, according to skeptics.

Finding clues and piecing them together took well over a decade while the whole adventure was decades in duration for both of them.

One treasure was said to be worth between $450 million to possibly over $1 billion.

40 tons of silver in 1,000+ bars and 250,000+ coins, millions in gold, millions in religious artifacts, millions in jewels and jewelry for kings and queens and other ancient royals!

The other treasure is reported to be worth between $600 million to well over $1 billion.

20+ tons of silver in coin, millions in gold, millions in rare coins, millions in religious artifacts, millions in jewels and jewelry for kings and queens and other ancient royals!

For one most local skeptics and academics didn't take it into serious consideration for over 246 years even while being presented with artifacts and treasure.

The other had its share of know it all skeptics that doubted its existence, value and location for over 360 years.

That is, until they were found, well mostly.

The eventual finder of one was even a skeptic and non-believer when he first heard stories of the treasure. He was even more skeptical when his first attempts to find treasure failed!!!

I have a first hand account told to me about 18 years ago by a third generation commercial fisherman “skeptic” who was 68 at that time.

He told me that his grandfather a commercial fisherman had heard of those stories for years. They had all heard of the stories and when they would see boats out looking for the treasure they would laugh about them and make fun of the crazy treasure hunters.

Then after the crazy treasure hunters started to find the treasure they cried, because they had been driving over and fishing those reefs for decades for generations, not believing in the stories!

There were stories of a few silent and not so silent "finders" of pieces of the treasure. One about the old hermit that found treasure and lived off it for years, the old man that got murdered for his stash, all those stories that seem to be tied to all treasure legends.

Skeptics labeled them as just stories, folklore, made up by fame seekers, made up by people trying to scam money out of investors for a "treasure hunt".

Academics that found clues didn't relate it to the treasure trove. They even misclassified some finds because of the "belief" in the "known" local history.

Even when an artifact here, a coin there was found the "wild theories" of where the treasure is and how it got there were scoffed. It was just "children's tale" of shipwrecks, pirates and buried treasure. The searchers were accused of planting finds to lure investors, to gain fame.

Those two famous well documented searches and recoveries of hundreds of millions in treasure…

Kip Wagner and Real Eight finding shipwrecks of the 1715 fleet

and Mel Fisher and his crews finding the 1622 Atocha.

They all faced those skeptics and accusations for decades in a totally different era. One can only imagine how much more they would face in the world of the Internet.

Yet while those newsmen and newswomen and other jealous people from the comfort of office chairs voiced their skepticism, slanderously accused them of fraud and all they could imagine against them the adventurous men and women of those “treasure hunting” crews persevered believing in their dreams that they would eventually find it.

-Cheers, keep hunting

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now again while I don't believe finding a single coin or a few coins signifies a treasure trove is near.

Since you asked...

Why yes I do! TWO of them in fact!

They are not as obscure or questionable as the stories already mentioned.

The finding of both of them is well documented.

For both the discovery and interpretation of a map was in a big way related to the finding of the resting places of both those massive treasures.

Initial searches in part started from “tall tales” and “hearsay” and of obscure references to ancient documents, according to skeptics.

Finding clues and piecing them together took well over a decade while the whole adventure was decades in duration for both of them.

One treasure was said to be worth between $450 million to possibly over $1 billion.

40 tons of silver in 1,000+ bars and 250,000+ coins, millions in gold, millions in religious artifacts, millions in jewels and jewelry for kings and queens and other ancient royals!

The other treasure is reported to be worth between $600 million to well over $1 billion.

20+ tons of silver in coin, millions in gold, millions in rare coins, millions in religious artifacts, millions in jewels and jewelry for kings and queens and other ancient royals!

For one most local skeptics and academics didn't take it into serious consideration for over 246 years even while being presented with artifacts and treasure.

The other had its share of know it all skeptics that doubted its existence, value and location for over 360 years.

That is, until they were found, well mostly.

The eventual finder of one was even a skeptic and non-believer when he first heard stories of the treasure. He was even more skeptical when his first attempts to find treasure failed!!!

I have a first hand account told to me about 18 years ago by a third generation commercial fisherman “skeptic” who was 68 at that time.

He told me that his grandfather a commercial fisherman had heard of those stories for years. They had all heard of the stories and when they would see boats out looking for the treasure they would laugh about them and make fun of the crazy treasure hunters.

Then after the crazy treasure hunters started to find the treasure they cried, because they had been driving over and fishing those reefs for decades for generations, not believing in the stories!

There were stories of a few silent and not so silent "finders" of pieces of the treasure. One about the old hermit that found treasure and lived off it for years, the old man that got murdered for his stash, all those stories that seem to be tied to all treasure legends.

Skeptics labeled them as just stories, folklore, made up by fame seekers, made up by people trying to scam money out of investors for a "treasure hunt".

Academics that found clues didn't relate it to the treasure trove. They even misclassified some finds because of the "belief" in the "known" local history.

Even when an artifact here, a coin there was found the "wild theories" of where the treasure is and how it got there were scoffed. It was just "children's tale" of shipwrecks, pirates and buried treasure. The searchers were accused of planting finds to lure investors, to gain fame.

Those two famous well documented searches and recoveries of hundreds of millions in treasure…

and Mel Fisher and his crews finding the 1622 Atocha.

They all faced those skeptics and accusations for decades in a totally different era. One can only imagine how much more they would face in the world of the Internet.

Yet while those newsmen and newswomen and other jealous people from the comfort of office chairs voiced their skepticism, slanderously accused them of fraud and all they could imagine against them the adventurous men and women of those “treasure hunting” crews persevered believing in their dreams that they would eventually find it.

-Cheers, keep hunting

Two very good instances, but I think Charlie was specifically referring to someone following signs cut in rocks or a treasure map to a land treasure.

Mike

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably so. I had thought that.

I've wanted to post that sort of story for awhile because many of it is the same as far as how it was before they were found.

Lots of skepticism...

Even after the maps people said it doesn't mean that it's there.

A coin here a coin there...

Digging empty hole after hole...

and that these are undisputed....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

and Mel Fisher and his crews finding the 1622 Atocha

Neither of those were deliberately hidden. I mentioned earlier only wrecks and tombs are places treasure is left to be unrecovered within a short time. The only other reason to bury treasure is to wait out some faction that wants to take it from you. War, police/authorities, the IRS, etc. And this would be just a few years at best.

Think of it - you sign on to be a "freebooter" and pillage/loot/capure treasure and then the captain says. "OK - we're full. Lets go bury it 200 feet deep!"

Not gonna happen. Even the privateers had to present half to the ship's owner (frequently members of Parliment for the British "pirates") and the rest was divided up by shares.

So that leaves someone like the Templars - who were pursecuted in the early 1300s but forgiven by Papal Bull in 1313, or the Freemasons - who were "banking" something to be used a century or more(?) later. Those have at least the credibility of a reason to go to such lengths.

So, why not in 1350: "Hey, remember that hole we dug as kids in Terra Nova? Lets go retrieve it!"

Unless it's just a glacial sink-hole. Still my favored theory.

And aof course all are just speculation and observation on human behavior (my BA is in Human/Organizational Behavior)

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neither of those were deliberately hidden. I mentioned earlier only wrecks and tombs are places treasure is left to be unrecovered within a short time. The only other reason to bury treasure is to wait out some faction that wants to take it from you. War, police/authorities, the IRS, etc. And this would be just a few years at best.

Think of it - you sign on to be a "freebooter" and pillage/loot/capure treasure and then the captain says. "OK - we're full. Lets go bury it 200 feet deep!"

Not gonna happen. Even the privateers had to present half to the ship's owner (frequently members of Parliment for the British "pirates") and the rest was divided up by shares.

So that leaves someone like the Templars - who were pursecuted in the early 1300s but forgiven by Papal Bull in 1313, or the Freemasons - who were "banking" something to be used a century or more(?) later. Those have at least the credibility of a reason to go to such lengths.

So, why not in 1350: "Hey, remember that hole we dug as kids in Terra Nova? Lets go retrieve it!"

Unless it's just a glacial sink-hole. Still my favored theory.

And aof course all are just speculation and observation on human behavior (my BA is in Human/Organizational Behavior)

Since Oak Island is so far away from my area of operation, my interest is just in passing.

An awful lot of construction went on there at some point in time. One of the bays was dammed up and the water drained to build something. The coconut fiber found there says an awful lot to me. Also the fact that it is supposedly the only island of its kind that is heavily forested with Oak Trees.

Now, someone more familiar with the story tell me where I am wrong.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread