Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree383Likes

Thread: “Oak Island” the “Strange”, the “Bizarre”, and “Maybe” the "Truth”!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Loki

Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    461 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    I was wondering where you had figured out that it had been moved to a location near the basin?

Did you want to talk about your site?

Sure I will talk about the site. By following easy to decipher clues from the Shepherdess Parchment, two paintings referenced by the S.P quatrain 6-97 by Nostradamas, a ley line I discovered, and a vague reference to a divide crossing at Blue Mountain, I recently stood on what I believe to be the current hiding place of at least whats left of the Templar treasures from Cyprus and Templar headquarters in Paris plus a very important religious object.
    I have written "Nova Scotia Museums" several times, but all I got from them was "find an archaeologist".
    As for the quatrain, I don't believe Nostradamas actually prophesied anything, but he was involved with the group that has been identified as the Priory of Sion, and he wrote his quatrains after the objects were moved from Charing Cross (now New Ross).
    Last edited by lokiblossom; Dec 07, 2014 at 06:29 AM.

Apr 2012
    21 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    Sure I will talk about the site. By following easy to decipher clues from the Shepherdess Parchment, two paintings referenced by the S.P quatrain 6-97 by Nostradamas, a ley line I discovered, and a vague reference to a divide crossing at Blue Mountain, I recently stood on what I believe to be the current hiding place of at least whats left of the Templar treasures from Cyprus and Templar headquarters in Paris plus a very important religious object.
    I have written "Nova Scotia Museums" several times, but all I got from them was "find an archaeologist".
    As for the quatrain, I don't believe Nostradamas actually prophesied anything, but he was involved with the group that has been identified as the Priory of Sion, and he wrote his quatrains after the objects were moved from Charing Cross (now New Ross).
    If one of the clues had involved some parts of one of Shakespeare's plays..........I'll bet someone from the museums would have came running with a shovel

Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    459 times
    Oak Island Treasure

Could a 20th Century ghost story contain a clue to who “Built Oak Island”?

Name:  Firemen's Hat Victorian.jpg
Views: 1922
Size:  8.1 KB
    Early 1900's Fireman Hat

“In the late 1930's a family named Adams were living on Oak Island where they worked as caretakers. They had a four-year-old daughter named Peggy who had never been to school or had never even been exposed to books.
    One day during the winter, she had been playing outside and returned excitedly to tell her mother that she had seen many men wearing red coats and hats looking like firemen's hats. Peggy and her mother retraced her steps and reached a location between the Money Pit and Smith's Cove but there were no footprints in the snow, as though no one had been there.
    Many years later when Mrs Adams visited the Citadel at Halifax to see the museum, they saw effigies of British soldiers dressed in uniforms dating from 1754-1783, matching those identified by Peggy who was quick to recognise the costume.”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Canadian British Grenadier.jpg 
Views:	1907 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	1089807
    Canadian 1760 ad Grenadier

Soldiers' hats were of a particular style and were limited in fashion to a relative short period of time.

From the Cocker or Tricorne hat (Triangular hat) a noted (Pirate’s hat) to the Bicorne worn straight, to the Bicorne worn in the Napoleon style, there was only one that resembled a “Firemen’s Hat”.

I would believe that Peggy Adams thought this to be the Mitre cap or Grenadier cap worn by the Canadian and British Grenadiers.

The Grenadier cap began in 1700 and continued until 1768 when it was replaced with the Grenadiers Bearskin cap.

It was also a fact that the Canadian Grenadier foot brigade were stationed in Halifax and in 1762 went to the Battle of Havana under Lieutenant-General William Keppel.

It was also curious that they did not return directly back to Halifax Nova Scotia after capturing Fort Morro, but claimed to have spent several months at Cuba.

“15th (York, East Riding) Regiment of Foot
    Formed in 1685 and designated as the 15th in 1751.The regiment arrived in Halifax on April 15th, 1758 and took part in the siege and capture of Louisburg that June at a strength of 859 . From Louisburg it went to Quebec with Wolfe, It fought in the great battle on the heights of Abraham, and after Wolfe's fall served at the defence of Quebec, and with the force sent against Montreal under General Murray, which completed the conquest of the Canada's. Next, it was at the capture of Martinique, and it the siege and conquest of the Havana in 1762, and was quartered for eleven months in Cuba, thence proceeding to New York, and afterwards back to Canada, where it served many years.”
    Last edited by Robot; Apr 29, 2016 at 07:59 PM.
    ex nihilo likes this.
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

ca
    Nov 2014
    East Coast
    50 times

“Oak Island” the “Strange”, the “Bizarre”, and “Maybe” the "Truth”!

From what I have read the medieval Priory of Sion never really existed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

God Damn the Da Vinci Code
    Last edited by New Gold; Dec 09, 2014 at 01:54 PM.

us
    Loki

Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    461 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by New Gold View Post
    From what I have read the medieval Priory of Sion never really existed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

God Damn the Da Vinci Code
    A written list of Grand Masters of the priory of Sion never existed. In the story of the Priory though"1188" is a very important but misused date....Loki

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779 Montour Falls N.Y.
    XP Deus, T2 SE Land or Sea Pointer Garrett Pointer Treasure Wise Diggers T10",T12" & T14" Lesche 28" Ground shark
    3595 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    “In the late 1930's a family named Adams were living on Oak Island where they worked as caretakers.
    What were they taking care of ?
    Gary
    I`v been detecting for 48 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

ca
    Nov 2014
    East Coast
    50 times

“Oak Island” the “Strange”, the “Bizarre”, and “Maybe” the "Truth”!

A written list of Grand Masters of the priory of Sion never existed. In the story of the Priory though"1188" is a very important but misused date....Loki
    Care to elaborate Loki? Is 1188 the year the Priory was founded?

EDIT I looked it up and 1188 is the year the Priory severed ties with the Templars. Is this about right?

And is your proposed final resting place in Nova Scotia?
    Last edited by New Gold; Dec 09, 2014 at 03:17 PM.

us
    Loki

Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    461 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by New Gold View Post
    Care to elaborate Loki? Is 1188 the year the Priory was founded?

EDIT I looked it up and 1188 is the year the Priory severed ties with the Templars. Is this about right?

And is your proposed final resting place in Nova Scotia?

That is the alleged theory, yes, it was called the splitting of the elm.

Robert Denyau, the Cure of Gisors ( the location of the alleged splitting of the elm you refer to) wrote in a 1629 history of the Gisors family that in 1188, Jean de Gisors (the first Grand Master of the Priory of Sion) founded the "The Order of the Rose Cross'. This was some 350 years pre hoax. In confirmation of at least part of this story, baron de Westerode in a letter dated1784 says the disciples of "The Rose Croix" came in 1188 from the East into Europe, for the propagation of Christianity after the troubles in Palestine [ie, the crusades].
    The point of this is that "The Order of The Rose Croix" served as a front for the alleged Priory of Sion. Many of the members listed on the Priory list were actually "Rosicrucians" and many others were either alleged to be members or connected to known members.
    New Gold likes this.

us
    Seriously?

Mar 2008
    WA
    Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
    688 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post

Correction: Should read: "20th Century" not "19th Century" ghost story

Name:  Firemen's Hat Victorian.jpg
Views: 1922
Size:  8.1 KB
    Early 1900's Fireman Hat

“In the late 1930's a family named Adams were living on Oak Island where they worked as caretakers. They had a four-year-old daughter named Peggy who had never been to school or had never even been exposed to books.
    One day during the winter, she had been playing outside and returned excitedly to tell her mother that she had seen many men wearing red coats and hats looking like firemen's hats. Peggy and her mother retraced her steps and reached a location between the Money Pit and Smith's Cove but there were no footprints in the snow, as though no one had been there.
    Many years later when Mrs Adams visited the Citadel at Halifax to see the museum, they saw effigies of British soldiers dressed in uniforms dating from 1754-1783, matching those identified by Peggy who was quick to recognise the costume.”

Name:	Canadian British Grenadier.jpg 
Views:	1907 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	1089807
    Canadian 1760 ad Grenadier

Soldiers' hats were of a particular style and were limited in fashion to a relative short period of time.

From the Cocker or Tricorne hat (Triangular hat) a noted (Pirate’s hat) to the Bicorne worn straight, to the Bicorne worn in the Napoleon style, there was only one that resembled a “Firemen’s Hat”.

I would believe that Peggy Adams thought this to be the Mitre cap or Grenadier cap worn by the Canadian and British Grenadiers.

The Grenadier cap began in 1700 and continued until 1768 when it was replaced with the Grenadiers Bearskin cap.

It was also a fact that the Canadian Grenadier foot brigade were stationed in Halifax and in 1762 went to the Battle of Havana under Lieutenant-General William Keppel.

It was also curious that they did not return directly back to Halifax Nova Scotia after capturing Fort Morro, but claimed to have spent several months at Cuba.

“15th (York, East Riding) Regiment of Foot
    Formed in 1685 and designated as the 15th in 1751.The regiment arrived in Halifax on April 15th, 1758 and took part in the siege and capture of Louisburg that June at a strength of 859 . From Louisburg it went to Quebec with Wolfe, It fought in the great battle on the heights of Abraham, and after Wolfe's fall served at the defence of Quebec, and with the force sent against Montreal under General Murray, which completed the conquest of the Canada's. Next, it was at the capture of Martinique, and it the siege and conquest of the Havana in 1762, and was quartered for eleven months in Cuba, thence proceeding to New York, and afterwards back to Canada, where it served many years.”
    What does this have anything to do with the Money Pit? Are you suggesting ghost stories as evidence?

ca
    Nov 2014
    East Coast
    50 times
    Dave, I think he is just sharing some interesting historical stories about oak island. Although this one is in clear support of his theory that the money pit is eighteenth century. A little girl who had never been to school claims to see an eighteenth century soldier, which "clearly" must have been a ghost.

Even if you believe in ghosts robot, the presence of british forces on oak island does not necessarily mean that they had anything to do with the pit.
    ex nihilo likes this.

Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    459 times
    Oak Island Treasure
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Rishar View Post
    What does this have anything to do with the Money Pit? Are you suggesting ghost stories as evidence?
    Whether, Ghost Stories or just Past Down Stories some may contain evidence or clues to this Mystery!

I was most interested in the Canadian Grenadiers who were involved in the capture of Fort Morro, Havana and their whereabouts after this campaign.

After their return from Cuba where they had lost many of their comrades to Yellow Fever, it could be presumed, that there would have been many of them on Oak Island who died from this fever also.

If this being the case, maybe Ghost do haunt Oak Island.

Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    459 times
    Oak Island Treasure

The Spanish Sailor Story!

Name:	Spanish Sailor Story.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	1090289

The story “comes to us third hand, and is known as the Spanish Sailor story. It would appear to have been told around the middle 1800s, and it tells about a plan which shows an island somewhere on the Nova Scotia coast where a large treasure was buried. The most interesting thing about the story is its explaining that there is a deep filled in shaft on the island, and that there is a long tunnel running from the shaft out to the shore. It goes on to say that for some reason unknown to the story teller the treasure was not buried in the shaft, but some distance away and only twenty feet deep. It may have been told before the flooding tunnel out to Smith’s Cove had been discovered, and it was certainly told before anyone had suggested that the treasure was buried some distance from the shaft, and that it was buried above sea level. If there is any truth in the tale, the story teller must have been from a later generation than the depositors. No attempt was made to capitalize on the story, and now it is an almost forgotten tale that could have been connected with The Oak Island Mystery.”

Revealed:
    The secret of Oak Island
    by Laverne Johnson

This story supports my theory that the Freemasons buried their treasures at the top North/West end of the Island, 20 feet below ground in the Treasure Vault connect by a tunnel to the Money Pit.

Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    459 times
    Oak Island Treasure

The Adams Family

Quote Originally Posted by G.A.P.metal View Post
    “In the late 1930's a family named Adams were living on Oak Island where they worked as caretakers.
    What were they taking care of ?
    Gary
    Name:  Adams family.jpg
Views: 1672
Size:  8.7 KB

During this time period Jack, Charlotte and family moved to Oak Island as Jack had secured a job with treasurer hunter Edwin Hamilton to keep watch on the pumps and other gear he had ferried to the island.
    G.A.P.metal likes this.

Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    459 times
    Oak Island Treasure

Was Sir Francis Bacon a Master Designer of Home Land Security?

Name:  Sir Francis Bacon.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  5.9 KB

The ingenious designers of the Treasure Vault at Oak Island were men such as Sir Isaac Newton, Sir Francis Bacon, Washington Shirley, and Benjamin Franklin along with others, who over Centuries devised their cumulative plan.

Bacon through his writings left many clues and riddles which his followers used with the construction of Oak Island.

Riddles the likes of:

How could a treasure be buried at Oak Island but not on Oak Island, buried under water but not get wet?

Like a child’s riddle:

Where can you find an ocean without any water?

These Freemasons planned on the infrequency of man to use his mind to “Think outside the Box”.

Like the old westerns where the bank robbers planted the dynamite at the front of the one foot thick metal safe’s door when it was obvious that the walls surrounding the vault were only made of brick and mortar, these Freemasons knew that any treasurer hunters would first come knocking at their front door.

The Freemason’s door could have been the envy of Fort Knox with its Money Pit’s Shaft consisting of a 170 foot impervious thick entrance made of dirt, wood, cement, metal and armed with traps of water and possibly poisonous vapors.

To date, the Freemason’s logic has been sound as for 250 years no Treasure Hunter has been able to crack this safe’s door.

This same ingeniously shown logic may also be these Freemason’s weakness, as they too are governed by it and will not deviate from the laws of geometry or mathematics.

I believe their compulsion to leave bread crumbs, clues, and riddles to challenge the wisdom of those who follow will eventually divulge the location to their treasurers.

They never imagined the ability of today’s Treasure Hunters to share information on forums like this, information such as:

Francis Bacon’s first attempt at a Treasure Vault:

Dr Orville Ward Owen, a follower of Bacon's ciphers followed instructions in a Baconian cipher and discovered a mysterious underground chamber beneath the bed of the River Wye, in the West of Britain. Although it was disappointingly empty, further Baconian ciphers were to be found carved on the walls.

The ability of the Cornish tin miners in Cornwall, England to tunnel under the ocean floor with some of their tunnels approaching so close to the ocean’s floor that today one can hear the ocean’s waves from within.

The computer technology of a program like Stellarium which can map the celestial markers used by the Freemasons to mark their final location to the Vault.

The problem I did experience was in trying to determine the Logic as to why they would have constructed a tunnel from the Money Pit all the way to their Treasure Vault at the top of the North/West end of the Island.

It could not have been solely to distance the treasure from the door (Money Pit) or be more accessible for the returning ships to retrieve it.

Their Logic had to be something more.

It was only after my triangulation pointing to the whereabouts of this Vault showed the Treasure Vault was located a short distance off shore that I realized I too needed to “Think outside the Box”.

The Treasure is not “On” Oak Island but “At” Oak Island, located roughly 50 feet off shore, 20 feet under the ocean's floor, contained in a water tight cement, wooden lined Treasure Vault.

When the American Freemasons returned they only had to make a small inclined tunnel originating from the shore down into the Vault located 20 feet under the ocean’s floor to retrieve their Treasures and once finished hide this small entrance.
    Last edited by Robot; Sep 16, 2016 at 09:33 PM.

Apr 2012
    21 times
    The ability of the Cornish tin miners in Cornwall, England to tunnel under the ocean floor with some of their tunnels approaching so close to the ocean’s floor that today one can hear the ocean’s waves from within.

Are you talking about Greevor?......also what happened when they shut the pumps off when the mine closed in 1990
    did you take a look at these pumps?

The levant flooded in the 30's it was late 60's before they had technology to repair and pump out this mine to reopen it.

Don't get me wrong it is amazing what they did in respect to these mines ..........but it took stuff like this to get it done Geevor Tin Mine: Pumping
    Geevor was a relatively dry mine compared to other Cornish mines such as Wheal Jane near Chacewater which pumped approx 14 million gallons of water per day.

Your post implies they just took a pick and shovel and tunneled under a major body of water.....this is not the case and does nothing to support your theory it actually hurts it because it shows how huge a problem water can be when you start digging below sea level.

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links