Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
One only needs to "Follow the Bread Crumbs"

What happened to the miners after they were done?

CornishPasty-e1305136211558.jpg

I would imagine that once they were finished with Oak Island and enjoyed a Tiddy Oggy and a Grog of Ale it was back with the Royal Navy to their next campaign.

Cornish Miners were used for their expertise by the British Army and Navy to tunnel up under fortifications, such as their previous campaign at Fort Morro, Cuba.

Many Cornish Miners would also sign on to mines opening up throughout the World.

"Migrating Cornish miners helped to introduce pasties to the rest of the world during the 19th century. ‘Cousin Jacks’ were not slow to seek their fortunes wherever skilled miners were needed, and as tin mining in Cornwall began to fail an increasing number of miners began to travel and bring their expertise and traditions to new mining regions around the world."

These members of the Oak Island Mystery knew that it was well advisable to keep one's mouth shut while either chewing one of their delectable pastries or talking about "Buried Treasures".

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Could 4 people have been "Murdered" by 18th Century "Alchemists"?

Why Is “Mercury” on “Oak Island”?

It was : "Reported”:
“In 1934, before he began excavating, Hedden met a young man who had been working on the island for a month with a churn drill. Baker, as he was known, had made several deep holes near the Money Pit and told Hedden he had had no luck. But he had run across one peculiar thing. Once when the drill was pulled up he noticed specks of a silvery substance mixed with the clay on the point. It was free mercury. (Mercury is almost never found in its metallic form in nature.)” Pen Leary, June 1953

"Mercury is used to purify gold from ore in a process called amalgamation. Miners and their families often inhale toxic mercury vapors through this process, and mercury can pollute homes and communities.[5] It can also contaminate the land and water where gold processing occurs."

In October 1779 the Royal Navy captured and sacked the Fortress San Fernando of Omoa, Honduras which became the Spanish’s Storage Facility for Silver shipments to Spain after Morro Castle, Cuba, was captured in 1762.
"The treasure found in the fort and on board two treasure ships was worth some two million dollars. Two hundred and fifty quintals of mercury were also found in the fort."

If Mercury was found at Fort San Fernando of Omoa would it stand to reason that Mercury would also be at Morro Castle, Cuba?

Sir Francis Bacon (whose code name is “Mercury”) had previously done experiments embalming people and documents in “Mercury and Tar”.
His wish was to be embalmed in this manner.
He and many of his followers were Alchemists and were well aware of the uses of Mercury.

Mercury(II) cyanide is one of the most toxic poisons. Its high toxicity is due to mercury and its two cyanide groups. Because of the high solubility of Mercury(II) cyanide in water, it can absorb from skin or inhalation and cause death. Upon absorption it is readily metabolized into both cyanide and mercury, thereby resulting in the symptoms of poisoning by both agents. It is highly dangerous for the environment.

Could the four men who died on Oak Island died of Mercury Cyanide Poisoning?

Excavation by the Restall family in the early 1960s ended tragically when four men died after being overcome by fumes in a shaft near the beach.

The cause of death was reported to be Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, but I believe that when the rescuers attempted to retrieve the Restalls and were also overcome so quickly that this would not have been the effects of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.

Some have thought it to have been possible Methane Gas Poisoning.

I would like to call for the Canadian Government to do a proper autopsy to show the cause of death.

Last edited:

uzzard

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ Robot ........you must have missed this question

You claim the treasure vault was 20' deep ....OK.....but this is still a fair sized dig .......why didn't McGinnis dig where the fresh dirt would have been?
For some reason he decided to dig in the money pit instead of where a fair sized excavation took place only what the day before.

The whole island is only 150 acres you could easily see every inch of the ground in no time at all.If he saw lights it would narrow the search for the dig area down by a lot.

The Masons hiding all evidence of digging up the treasure makes no sense at all....why would they care anymore about trying to trick people into digging up the money pit and triggering it's booby traps.

Are you going to answer this basic question about your theory.......or just overlook it and keep posting your theory multiple times in every thread that is on this forum?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I think that the McGinnis Crew sure told you guys a good one........

Who was it that 'Found' the money pit?? Oh he saw some green lights.......quite legendary at the time, carrying on the legend of the Freemasons like that for them......

AND he went on to live there afterwards........HMMMMMM?

Maybe they were part of the Freemasons coming to claim their trove, and they were rewarded by being left behind with money to settle there, to "watch after the place" and dig into the pit some more to make people start the chain of events into motion

?? Just a Hunch but they were in on it or paid to do that work.

I've been saying from the beginning that the McGinnis story (whichever variant) is a load of horse apples, so it appears that we're in agreement here...but perhaps for different reasons. Logically, what would be the benefit of paying some locals to pretend that there was a treasure there? You now have three more people who know that something's going on, and again, by pretending to have treasure in the area, you're only encouraging people in the area to look for treasure. Why not just keep the whole thing quiet?

View attachment 1092515

Nice looking pasty there BTW.

I would imagine that once they were finished with Oak Island and enjoyed a Tiddy Oggy and a Grog of Ale it was back with the Royal Navy to their next campaign.

Cornish Miners were used for their expertise by the British Army and Navy to tunnel up under fortifications, such as their previous campaign at Fort Morro, Cuba.

And what kept them from discussing that rather unusual job that they'd just performed out in the rear end of nowhere, for no discernible reason?

Why Is “Mercury” on “Oak Island”?

Is mercury on Oak Island? (Unless you're being ironic, quotation marks are not required here.)

“In 1934, before he began excavating, Hedden met a young man who had been working on the island for a month with a churn drill. Baker, as he was known, had made several deep holes near the Money Pit and told Hedden he had had no luck. But he had run across one peculiar thing. Once when the drill was pulled up he noticed specks of a silvery substance mixed with the clay on the point. It was free mercury. (Mercury is almost never found in its metallic form in nature.)” Pen Leary, June 1953

"Mercury is used to purify gold from ore in a process called amalgamation. Miners and their families often inhale toxic mercury vapors through this process, and mercury can pollute homes and communities.[5] It can also contaminate the land and water where gold processing occurs."

In October 1779 the Royal Navy captured and sacked the Fortress San Fernando of Omoa, Honduras which became the Spanish’s Storage Facility for Silver shipments to Spain after Morro Castle, Cuba, was captured in 1762.
"The treasure found in the fort and on board two treasure ships was worth some two million dollars. Two hundred and fifty quintals of mercury were also found in the fort."

If Mercury was found at Fort San Fernando of Omoa would it not stand to reason that Mercury would also be at Morro Castle, Cuba?

Sir Francis Bacon (whose code name is “Mercury”) had previously done experiments embalming people and documents in “Mercury and Tar”.
He and many of his followers were Alchemists and were well aware of the uses of Mercury.

Mercury(II) cyanide is one of the most toxic poisons. Its high toxicity is due to mercury and its two cyanide groups. Because of the high solubility of Mercury(II) cyanide in water, it can absorb from skin or inhalation and cause death. Upon absorption it is readily metabolized into both cyanide and mercury, thereby resulting in the symptoms of poisoning by both agents. It is highly dangerous for the environment.

Excavation by the Restall family in the early 1960s ended tragically when four men died after being overcome by fumes in a shaft near the beach.

The cause of death was reported to be Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, but I believe that when the rescuers attempted to retrieve the Restalls and were also overcome so quickly that this would not have been the effects of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.

I would like to call for the Canadian Government to do a proper autopsy to show the cause of death.

I'd like it if you read back through the post that I just quoted and point out the sheer enormity of the logical leaps required to get from A to B here.

At around 1% CO in the atmosphere, you'll be unconscious inside of several breaths; death will occur after a minute or two. Mercury takes far longer to both incapacitate and kill. Less than a minute with Google would have made this clear. Come on, man...if you don't know, find out. Don't guess and pretend that it's factual.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tangential Dave,........... Come In Tangential Dave, are you there?......your orders are to stay on point....Just Kidding

The logic of paying someone to dig, like three kids who probably never held a life savings of gold and silver before, obviously would be to lay a trail of deceit behind you to be immediately followed the wrong way.

Something that could easily be overlooked by the kids, and as they really didnt dig for that long, they probably were able to benefit from the agreement and they dug for a few and then they sold off their shares of the claim, while living on the island........?

"Oh, I think I'll just reside here......on a deserted island away from all trade and work.......but still, I like it here.......totally offshore, with no contact or fresh water wells, I tried to dig the pit with my friends".......so innocent sounding......"there were some Green Lights we saw".......LOL

If the Masons were caught there they would have all hanged.......They paid the kids to cover the tracks of the American Colonists and British Masons there in Canada digging it up, and they bribed a few kids with a King's ransom to "Go discover a pit, and start digging to attract attention" to trigger the coverup

.......sounds legit to me.....:dontknow:....that is of course if we assume that Robot's tale is true......

I had speculated that Carbide was used to make acetylene gas as a trap......

but I couldnt find it in any alchemy books anywhere.

So I dropped that theory for the Methane deposits.....

seems more logical as they just began boring with some more modern drills and were going deep, and that they hit a pocket.

@ROBOT.....can you post any documents about this diversion of the Spanish gold from the raid on Cuba?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Which is faster - a "Second" or a "Minute"?

I've been saying from the beginning that the McGinnis story (whichever variant) is a load of horse apples, so it appears that we're in agreement here...but perhaps for different reasons. Logically, what would be the benefit of paying some locals to pretend that there was a treasure there? You now have three more people who know that something's going on, and again, by pretending to have treasure in the area, you're only encouraging people in the area to look for treasure. Why not just keep the whole thing quiet?

I'd like it if you read back through the post that I just quoted and point out the sheer enormity of the logical leaps required to get from A to B here.

At around 1% CO in the atmosphere, you'll be unconscious inside of several breaths; death will occur after a minute or two. Mercury takes far longer to both incapacitate and kill. Less than a minute with Google would have made this clear. Come on, man...if you don't know, find out. Don't guess and pretend that it's factual.

My research shows death from Carbon Monoxide "Minutes" death from inhaled Cyanide "Seconds" .

Which is faster a "Second" or a "Minute"?

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - Death can result from only a few minutes of exposure to higher concentrations or from an hour of exposure to lower levels.

If cyanide is inhaled it causes a coma with seizures, apnea, and cardiac arrest, with death following in a matter of seconds

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold back your anger young Padawan....:censored:!

Robot do you have the time to link the document.....I am intrigued and wanted to read more about the Masons digging.......

I am a big Green Lantern Fan.....LOL!!

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the "Slings and Arrows"?

@ Robot ........you must have missed this question

You claim the treasure vault was 20' deep ....OK.....but this is still a fair sized dig .......why didn't McGinnis dig where the fresh dirt would have been?
For some reason he decided to dig in the money pit instead of where a fair sized excavation took place only what the day before.

The whole island is only 150 acres you could easily see every inch of the ground in no time at all.If he saw lights it would narrow the search for the dig area down by a lot.

The Masons hiding all evidence of digging up the treasure makes no sense at all....why would they care anymore about trying to trick people into digging up the money pit and triggering it's booby traps.

Are you going to answer this basic question about your theory.......or just overlook it and keep posting your theory multiple times in every thread that is on this forum?

Or the outrageous "Wit and Ridicule" of fellow forum members?

I have posted this before, but I will type it once again "really slowly".

The American Freemason's small entry hole down into their Treasure Vault was a hole no bigger than 3 feet by 6 feet according to the standard tunnel size dug by Cornish Tin Miners.

This entry once finished could easily have been camouflaged with vegetation and rocks.

It was important to these Freemasons that no evidence was left that might incriminate or cast suspicion on any of their fellow masons still alive in England.

The plot of robbing the crown of England was treasonous in the least and the consequences would have still been severe if divulged.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Spanish transcript of the court marshal of those Spaniards involved.

@ROBOT.....can you post any documents about this diversion of the Spanish gold from the raid on Cuba?

Hi Eldo

From a plea I made in this forum, I have been supplied by a fellow forum member, with the Spanish transcripts recording the court marshal of the three Spaniards responsible for the defense of Morro Castle, Cuba.

I plan to compare the amount of treasure returned to Britain by the Keppels to the amount of treasure which was reported sacked from Havana by Spain.

Stay tuned!

uzzard

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The American Freemason's small entry hole down into their Treasure Vault was a hole no bigger than 3 feet by 6 feet according to the standard tunnel size dug by Cornish Tin Miners.

This entry once finished could easily have been camouflaged with vegetation and rocks.

It was important to these Freemasons that no evidence was left that might incriminate or cast suspicion on any of their fellow masons still alive in England.

The plot of robbing the crown of England was treasonous in the least and the consequences would have still been severe if divulged.

Do you realize that when they dig this 3'x6'x20' deep hole .....they have to place that dirt somewhere off to the side..........unless it is compacted and compacted very well when backfilled there will be a fair amount of dirt that won't fit back in the hole.

They would not just be trying to hide a 3'x6' hole.........they would also be trying to hide where they placed the dirt while digging,along with whatever dirt was left over.And people looking for what they were doing there the next day didn't notice this in the area where they saw lights?

Sorry but this is not possible......a few sticks,leaves and rocks will not hide all this from someone looking for it the next day on a small island
I am from a construction background and I really wish it was as easy as this to hide all evidence of even a small excavation.....especially when I hooked up utilities in peoples yards.

You post your theory over and over again,often multiple times in the same thread.....if you are not prepared to defend it quit posting it so much.

You get ridicule because you don't do enough research before posting......and you only post what supports your idea even if there is something that opposes it in the very same article or link.Right above is a classic example.....you are certain that Mercury killed those guys on oak island.And now you will argue mercury killed them when CO is much more likely the cause.

There are many,many documented cases where the rescuers also fell unconscious to CO while trying to get someone out of a hole........if they are not removed from the gas quickly enough,they die .....this info is not hard to find.

uzzard

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am at loss as to Why I would add any facts that did not support my theory?

This sums up your thought process when posting.

Expect people to bring attention to the facts you left out.......and when the facts are found with a basic search .....expect ridicule

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you realize that when they dig this 3'x6'x20' deep hole .....they have to place that dirt somewhere off to the side..........unless it is compacted and compacted very well when backfilled there will be a fair amount of dirt that won't fit back in the hole.

They would not just be trying to hide a 3'x6' hole.........they would also be trying to hide where they placed the dirt while digging,along with whatever dirt was left over.And people looking for what they were doing there the next day didn't notice this in the area where they saw lights?

Sorry but this is not possible......a few sticks,leaves and rocks will not hide all this from someone looking for it the next day on a small island
I am from a construction background and I really wish it was as easy as this to hide all evidence of even a small excavation.....especially when I hooked up utilities in peoples yards.

You post your theory over and over again,often multiple times in the same thread.....if you are not prepared to defend it quit posting it so much.

You get ridicule because you don't do enough research before posting......and you only post what supports your idea even if there is something that opposes it in the very same article or link.Right above is a classic example.....you are certain that Mercury killed those guys on oak island.And now you will argue mercury killed them when CO is much more likely the cause.

There are many,many documented cases where the rescuers also fell unconscious to CO while trying to get someone out of a hole........if they are not removed from the gas quickly enough,they die .....this info is not hard to find.

It is very "simple" in that the dirt removed from the tunnel is "placed somewhere off to the side" and once this Treasure Vault is unloaded the Freemasons then have an enormous cavern to refill along with the back fill replaced into the tunnels.

I will gladly defend my posts and change my post if the information is acceptable.

My purpose is to find the truth as to what happened at "Oak Island.

Note:
This thread is a "Believe it or Not" type story site.
An accumulation of stories heard about the island.
They do not necessarily all represent my theories.
Many of my remarks here are posted as "Questions" not "Fact or Theories" and should be taken as such while on this thread.

Last edited:

uzzard

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I will gladly defend my posts and change my post if the information is acceptable."

Good..........scroll up
because you have carbon monoxide listed in one post and then using carbon dioxide in your argument later.

This has me wondering if you didn't look up C02 and base your argument on that gas.

O

Old Silver

"I will gladly defend my posts and change my post if the information is acceptable."

Good..........scroll up
because you have carbon monoxide listed in one post and then using carbon dioxide in your argument later.

This has me wondering if you didn't look up C02 and base your argument on that gas.

Uzzard, why don't you leave people alone to post here without harassment. This is supposed to be a place to discuss treasure LEGENDS. Legends are things that don't have proof of existence, and therefore they are called legends. I don't think this board was put on here for some posters to harass other posters. Please stop.

uzzard

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sure no problem................will never visit this site again after this post.

One thing though CO gas and excavations are not to be taken lightly......but since this is the anything goes place let's downplay it.....argue it is a seldom seen gas such as Mercury Cyanide and possibly mislead someone about the dangers of a confined space......not make a correction between CO and CO2.......THAT IS STUPID

but have at it....I won't be back

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry for the delay Robot , been a busy week. My theory is this. There is no holy grail , ark of the covenant or any of that stuff buried on oak island. It is all stored under the vatican in the " secret " vaults. but there are buried treasures from pirates and religious sects. As for " the pit " ... it was dug as the chamber that was supposed to lead to tunnels for escape and also to other chambers for treasure storage. Once built there was supposed to be a building , a fortress of sorts built over top of the pit with a trap door to the pit. This was to be built by the Knights Templar . They were looking for a remote place to establish their new home , since there was much turmoil during the crusades. However they never completed it because of the influx of ground water and the inclimate weather of the region. There are no water traps , just natural cracks in the earths crust .... thats my theory. I hope that each and every one of you find some pirates plunder there , that would be awesome.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Tangential Dave,........... Come In Tangential Dave, are you there?......your orders are to stay on point....Just Kidding

The logic of paying someone to dig, like three kids who probably never held a life savings of gold and silver before, obviously would be to lay a trail of deceit behind you to be immediately followed the wrong way.

Something that could easily be overlooked by the kids, and as they really didnt dig for that long, they probably were able to benefit from the agreement and they dug for a few and then they sold off their shares of the claim, while living on the island........?

"Oh, I think I'll just reside here......on a deserted island away from all trade and work.......but still, I like it here.......totally offshore, with no contact or fresh water wells, I tried to dig the pit with my friends".......so innocent sounding......"there were some Green Lights we saw".......LOL

If the Masons were caught there they would have all hanged.......They paid the kids to cover the tracks of the American Colonists and British Masons there in Canada digging it up, and they bribed a few kids with a King's ransom to "Go discover a pit, and start digging to attract attention" to trigger the coverup

.......sounds legit to me.....:dontknow:....that is of course if we assume that Robot's tale is true......

I looked back and found that I misattributed my earlier post terribly, so if that caused any confusion, you have my sincere apologies. Just to clarify, I don't see the wisdom of paying people to dig a hole, or do anything really. I see no reason at all to distribute money in the first place if I'm trying to keep a secret.

My research shows death from Carbon Dioxide "Minutes" death from inhaled Cyanide "Seconds" .

Which is faster a "Second" or a "Minute"?

Carbon Dioxide Poisoning - Death can result from only a few minutes of exposure to higher concentrations or from an hour of exposure to lower levels.

If cyanide is inhaled it causes a coma with seizures, apnea, and cardiac arrest, with death following in a matter of seconds

Per your post (that I hopefully attributed properly this time!), you mentioned carbon monoxide and mercury cyanide. These are quite different from carbon dioxide and elemental cyanide. Are you obfuscating deliberately?

Carbon monoxide can incapacitate extremely quickly. Mercury cyanide does not.

Carbon dioxide normally incapacitates slowly. Cyanide can incapacitate extremely quickly.

Carbon monoxide =/= carbon monoxide chemically. Mercury cyanide =/= any other cyanide compound.

We were discussing carbon monoxide and mercury cyanide, and not carbon dioxide and cyanide. In fact, if we were discussing free mercury, we weren't even discussing cyanide in the first place. Elemental mercury is obviously harmful, but it doesn't kill quickly. More obfuscation?

If Mercury was found at Fort San Fernando of Omoa would it not stand to reason that Mercury would also be at Morro Castle, Cuba?

Agreed, generally. So again, if I had buried something of value someplace, why would I want to give people a reason to go digging for something of value there in the first place?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Good..........scroll up

Nope - sorry!

Guilty of "Drinking While Typing"

bigcatrich

Tenderfoot
Dec 10, 2014
milwaukee, wi
Detector(s) used
beach cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to spend a weekend on Oak Island "digging" around. The legend says seven must die before the treasure can be found... maybe I should invite the Ex?? LOL. I think just being there would be real cool.

oredigger62

Jun 12, 2013
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Fisher goldbug 2
Garrett infinium
garrett AT-MAX
Garrett sea hunter mark 2
Fisher gemini 3 ( two box )
Equinox 800
Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to spend a weekend on Oak Island "digging" around. The legend says seven must die before the treasure can be found... maybe I should invite the Ex?? LOL. I think just being there would be real cool.

Speaking of that ... has anybody seriously researched " the legend " ? Where and when did it appear and from whom? We have been keeping a running total of recent deaths but i speculate that more than 6 have died. i read somewhere that some skeletons were found in the hole , maybe they should add them to the total. There is no proof that they are the " protectors of the treasure ". Is this whole legend just manufactured hype ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread