Another season ..is this a joke?

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It would be impossible to tell what group left the cross behind without doing a lot of searching on the island to see what other clues may still be there that would help with identifying a specific group. Lots of people over the centuries have used math and geometry to hide things. You would have to figure out how the cross is to be used and then follow it to what ever it leads you to.

Based on the little bit of information I have gathered and playing with the layout I think the cross takes you to the exact location of the money pit. I also think it takes you to at least two other specific spots for unknown reasons. The additional measurements could be used as a map for the tunneling, telling you how deep to go before going horizontal. If there is a "treasure vault" connected to the money pit then the cross could also take you to a secondary entrance (possibly to bypass any flooding caused by digging in the money pit). I had mentioned to Marty Lagina that it could be possible the money pit was designed to hold back water, kind of like a cork and act as as a deterrent to the multitude of idiots that continued to dig in the pit past a certain point. Think of the money pit as a cup turned upside down and stuck into a body of water vertically. As long as the top and sides of the cup stay sealed the water remains out of the cup however, as soon as you put a hole in the top of the cup the air leaks out and the cup fills with water.

If this is the case then I feel the hiders of the treasure probably would have been smart enough to make a second hidden entry into the vault that completely bypasses any water.

Keep in mind I'm am pretty much making this up based on the limited information available on the internet and the show. I have never been on Oak Island and don't know what other clues may still be there however I have worked several treasure sites based on geometrical shapes like the cross which leads me to believe the cross is an actual and very important clue to something hidden on the island. Is it still there? I don't know but the chances of finding anything dwindle daily as people continue to destroy clues without sometimes even knowing they are clues. That's because these guys aren't treasure hunters, they are hole diggers with no concept of how treasure would have been hidden or how a site would have been laid out so that it could be found again without having a map in your hands.

That's pretty good! I was asking because I didn't know if you had a theory or not. Some people on here have their own theories and other don't. Some come on here to debate and so on.

Me, I don't think their is anything on the island, maybe a long time ago but not buried 150+' with flood tunnels and all sorts of other mumbo jumbo. I like reading what others think. Some folks on here have some pretty good thoughts, plausible ideas with reference, data and other stuff to kinda back it. I like reading those posts and asking questions, etc...

So, I wasn't trying to paint you in a corner.... just wondered if you had a theory of your own, followed on on here or were just here to read, debate and have some fun.

:occasion14: Either way!!

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
That's pretty good! I was asking because I didn't know if you had a theory or not. Some people on here have their own theories and other don't. Some come on here to debate and so on.

Me, I don't think their is anything on the island, maybe a long time ago but not buried 150+' with flood tunnels and all sorts of other mumbo jumbo. I like reading what others think. Some folks on here have some pretty good thoughts, plausible ideas with reference, data and other stuff to kinda back it. I like reading those posts and asking questions, etc...

So, I wasn't trying to paint you in a corner.... just wondered if you had a theory of your own, followed on on here or were just here to read, debate and have some fun.

:occasion14: Either way!!

No worries, If I paint myself into a corner then that's on me. I think what ever is/was there is old, probably no newer than the 1700's. I also think there is/was more than one treasure on the island left behind by more than one group/person. Based on the few carvings and rock markers I have seen photos of I think the island was probably used by several people/groups during the years for hiding themselves or items.

As far as the flood tunnels go, I'm not sure about those. If there is a substantial amount of ground water to begin with then flood tunnels are unnecessary, especially with my theory of the money pit being built to hold back water and as a trap to keep people from getting to whatever was or might still be there. All they had to do is get close to the ground water level and then refill the tunnel. One of the reasons for this theory is the logs at every ten feet. If they were actually there and laid out like it has been said (and I believe they were) then the logs would be structural in nature, making layers of plugs to contain the pressure from the water. If the 90 foot stone was there I doubt very seriously it said anything about a treasure being forty feet below. The people that dug the pit would know what was there and how deep it was and they wouldn't advertise to anybody else, especially in a code. I'm still unsure if the 90 foot stone was ever real.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Alec, some logic without reaching way out there.
Some of the stories are just too much... I think that makes it hard to figure what parts of the story are real and what parts are not.
Add in the centuries of people that have come and gone... it's just crazy! Who did this? Who put that there? The questions go on and on!

I think we can all agree on the fact that the OI story captivated us when we were lil, Pirates and shiny treasure!!! Ahhhh!!! What else could a kid want! That was fun times!

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
Nice Alec, some logic without reaching way out there.
Some of the stories are just too much... I think that makes it hard to figure what parts of the story are real and what parts are not.
Add in the centuries of people that have come and gone... it's just crazy! Who did this? Who put that there? The questions go on and on!

I think we can all agree on the fact that the OI story captivated us when we were lil, Pirates and shiny treasure!!! Ahhhh!!! What else could a kid want! That was fun times!

Thanks! I'm still captivated by Oak Island and I have to say I'm with Rick, I think something is still there. I wouldn't go about the search like Rick is but I would be searching (and it would cost a whole lot less money!!)

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks! I'm still captivated by Oak Island and I have to say I'm with Rick, I think something is still there. I wouldn't go about the search like Rick is but I would be searching (and it would cost a whole lot less money!!)

Something is here but no treasure. Only artefacts from Spanish and British.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember that a money pit has NEVER been discovered. The only holes dug on oak island are the ones by companies seeking investors.....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to hear the current relatives of the original 3 searchers talk, there was a money pit and they took the treasure from it... in turn made it a money pit for anyone else searching and spending money to do so...

Last edited:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I would agree with your enthusiasm and would not do a single thing like the bros are doing.

Agreed here... nothing to see folks... move along... just some old artifacts!!!

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eldo,
Obviously The Canadian/Nova Scotia Govt. sees it much differently then you do, or they would not be doing it... year after year!!!!!

Yeah and all we got out of it for educational value is the front.

THIS IS NOT JUST A CANADIAN TROVE IS THE POINT.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM CALLING IN EVERY OTHER COUNTRY's AMBASSADORS FROM FRANCE TO SPAIN & EVEN FROM SCOTLAND, TO SHOW HOW THIS ONE PROVINCE HAS CONTINUALLY MAINTAINED A PROVINCIAL ENGLISH OBJECTIVE IN ERASING THE ACTUAL FACTS IN THIS CASE OVER TERRITORIAL CLAIMS.

IN THIS CASE ITS ALSO A BIBLICAL AND RELIGIOUS TROVE, AND BEING COVERED UP BASED ON THAT CROWN's ASSOCIATION AS WELL

n2mini do you work for them and speak as a representative of their agenda? You really wanna tell me what they think at Heritage?

No.....?

The Heritage Department and their rules are different than that of the FILM GRANT where they got their $$$.........

What I am saying is that they are leeching Canadian Funds out of a grant program for travel and tourism films intended for MULTIPLE Canadian Filmmakers, to show real landscapes and adventures of the beauty of the area and its history......not just the English historical record and their Pirating on Oak Island......

Now this seems to be an expense that they are covering .......

How did this FILM MAKING FUND OF 1.25 Million pay for COMMERCIAL EXCAVATION EQUIPMENT???

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wouldn't you personally have better uses for a grant like that ....... I know you have awesome footage and travel throughout the provinces.....we've talked

For example as a filmmaker, how much would it cost you to travel there and make a film about the general interests in the area?

Just so we can get a member here to give us a more realistic travel and tourism video like the ones you make.....

Can you post a link for an example of one of the authentic filmmakers in Canada....so we can compare it to the Industrial Wasteland that Oak Island has been turned into with their wasted funds?

How much for one production of an hour of edited footage from the whole province?

How many productions could you make professionally with 1.25 million?

Lets go right now......

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the saying goes, "Don't hate the player hate the game" AGAIN, apparently the people who approve these grants see things differently then you do. It's not the Brothers fault but theirs... Anyone can apply for a grant it is up to their committee on who to approve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF you don't like it find a way to get on that committee yourself to have a say so about it....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is strictly about advertising revenue, that is the only treasure they will find.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Curse of Oak Island Renewed... For Season 5 By History! (Report)

The Curse of Oak Island...Season 5.jpg

History has reportedly renewed The Curse of Oak Island for Season 5, sources inform RenewCancelTV.
Commenting on the show’s fourth-season ratings performance, Jana Bennett, President and General Manager, History, said:
“We are proud of the compelling, creative progression of ‘The Curse of Oak Island’ and its continued growth. The passionate and authentic story-telling of Rick and Marty Lagina as they strive to solve one of the world’s most intriguing, unsolved mysteries is what resonates most with our viewers and keeps them coming back for more week after week.”
Stay tuned as we now monitor the renew/cancel status of Curse of Oak Island Season 6…

OP
OP
G

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1422290

[FONT=&]History has reportedly renewed The Curse of Oak Island for Season 5, sources inform RenewCancelTV.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Commenting on the show’s fourth-season ratings performance, Jana Bennett, President and General Manager, History, said:[/FONT]
“We are proud of the compelling, creative progression of ‘The Curse of Oak Island’ and its continued growth. The passionate and authentic story-telling of Rick and Marty Lagina as they strive to solve one of the world’s most intriguing, unsolved mysteries is what resonates most with our viewers and keeps them coming back for more week after week.”
[FONT=&]Stay tuned as we now monitor the renew/cancel status of Curse of Oak Island Season 6…[/FONT]​
Cancellation ....we can all only hope....

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still think the money pit is a salination plant.
I do wish the brothers well. The show still draws me in as I continue to watch. Not because I think they might find treasure, I watch to see how they explain the failures.

They seem to believe. I don't think the brothers are misleading anyone. I'm impressed with how the show manages to continue with such little evidence.

Sad that the previous searches have destroyed most if not all the archeological evidence that could provide the true history of this structure

Anyway..... please continue

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you hit one of the main problems Captain. It's like taking a major sites evidence, relics, etc. and throwing them in a big blender then pouring it all back in a hole what a mess.

Just a theory on my part, no evidence. Has anyone else thought of the implications of the brothers or others finding evidence of land claims by other countries? Say for example Spain layed claim 200 or so years ago. Could that claim be deemed valid today? If so wouldn't concerned govt. want to hide or destroy that evidence? We all know history has been changed or altered for different agendas. Anyone have more knowledge on this possibility? Your input appreciated!!!

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a theory on my part, no evidence. Has anyone else thought of the implications of the brothers or others finding evidence of land claims by other countries? Say for example Spain layed claim 200 or so years ago. Could that claim be deemed valid today? If so wouldn't concerned govt. want to hide or destroy that evidence? We all know history has been changed or altered for different agendas. Anyone have more knowledge on this possibility? Your input appreciated!!!

Well, we know that in the late 1400's, Portugal claimed territorial rights to this part of Canada based on the Treaty of Tordesillas. That claim doesn't really mean much today. I don't imagine that a claim by Spain or Russia or some other nation would really change anything right now. A footnote in some history texts, maybe.

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have watched every episode on my computer and, I like the show, for what it is. One thing I can't figure out though...I looked up Oak Island on Google Earth Pro and, besides not being the first, second nor 50th choice for a place for me to bury treasure if coming from the old world, the areas of the money pit are clearly marked on the sat. shots, and, there is no way anyone living on the mainland at that time could "See torch lights coming from the island in the area of the money pit." This is supposedly what instigated those boys to go over there and start digging for treasure. Looking at the sat. maps, I can simply not see how anyone from the mainland could even begin to see anything over on that side of the island.

Don't get me wrong...I love the legend and the show is about as good as a show like this could be probably, but a lot of things do not add up.

Bill

Last edited:

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
French Canada was ceded in the Treaty of Paris 1763; I think Spain have left things a little late to be making any claim!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread