OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think they'll sift all that dirt looking for clues and treasure? May need a season 9...
You raise a good point... Why did they not take a look at the stuff that was being bulldozed etc He had one quick look and said "hey I have found this stone with a templer X on it" and then never went to see if there was any more of the tile or anything else..

I also see that when they started digging the hole the waste material was just being dumped in a truck. You would think that when they get a bit deeper they would start sifting this as well.

It is almost like they no longer really believe themselves that they will find anything and are just now going through the motions...

Maybe it is because they are now spending other peoples money they do not care as much.....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You raise a good point... Why did they not take a look at the stuff that was being bulldozed etc He had one quick look and said "hey I have found this stone with a templer X on it" and then never went to see if there was any more of the tile or anything else..

I also see that when they started digging the hole the waste material was just being dumped in a truck. You would think that when they get a bit deeper they would start sifting this as well.

It is almost like they no longer really believe themselves that they will find anything and are just now going through the motions...

Maybe it is because they are now spending other peoples money they do not care as much.....

Probably the reason that they are not sifting the dirt is due to the fact that the area has been completely dug up hundreds of feet in depth as well as width. Anything that could have been found has already been found (if there ever was anything there). The brothers and their partners know this and therefore do not bother.

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple of reasons...

First and foremost is that the whole place has been dug up so many times that anything found will be hard to prove as anything but waste product from a previous dig...even the hole itself, if they got lucky and happened to hit the old money pit site, would have debris in it from others.

The second reason relates to the first...anything of any worth for determining the 'treasure' spot has been disturbed or removed by all of that previous digging, so there is no 'there' to find...

Of course the first chip of wood or metal plate that comes up in all of this new digging will be analyzed and agonized over...at least until the next commercial break and possibly the first two minutes after it...Then on to the next new big 'discovery'!

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus they may be looking through some of it just not taping it for TV. As you can tell alot of stuff happens that we don't see.

Side topic. Does anyone know if the Restall's younger son is still alive. He was on the island for most of the whole time his family lived there ( 5-6 years ) other then when he went to stay with the older sister at times, who never lived on the island, she was married and lived elsewhere. He might have more info he could give from living there even though he was very young at the time and once his dad and brother died he would still be living with his mom to hear stories that the older sister may have never heard and possibly have a better memory since he is younger...

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all Bulldada......

Found a Templar Hooked X?

Lol .........there was a few bits of broken pottery from the previous diggers, and then SHAZAM POW POOF......like magic they find a Templar Hooked X...

You could see the softer stone and the fact that the lines were clearly freshly made......Scott Wolters wouldn't be able to tell the difference....LOL...

The tooling scratch marks were obvious, as the Templars made their Hooked X's with Iron chisels....they were master stone masons....they didnt scratch anything in stone with another stone

That Stone they showed would have eroded in the weather there......its a sandstone piece of sedimentary and weathers so fast in those frigid and salty conditions.....you could even see the fresh break points on the edges of the rock.....

Lets see ....hmmmm......a new discovery right when they were digging the TOPSOIL......lol

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm holding the Greatest Royal Secret for them to all see......for free.....they want a tourist trap and a sieve of the economy of Canada.....

So Be It.....

Great Seal Deciphered.jpg

The Masonic Vault of Records Revealed.....in Vermont......

Smuggs Cave Sphinx Vault.jpg

And a strong possibility this is molded after Masonic Knowledge they are able to pass on through these similarities to lead to even bigger treasures of their history.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the Priest Seated on his throne holding a cross.....this is set over a crack that seems to take the shape of Lake Champlain and the image carved is actually a map of the route taken from the point on the lake to the valley to the Notch.....

Or the Pass at Stowe......

Priest Map.jpg

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of these discoveries are Biblical, which if the Laginas would accept after Petter had proved that, then we would be seeking something greater for all involved, instead of following some idjits around the Island looking for nothing when the need to analize the info is on the table....

They are ignoring everything.......

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The vision to see the treasured past comes as the timely shadow crosses in front of the House of Pass and Stow"

liberty_bell_2.jpg

Nice trail to the Vault.....nice raised reliefs for a topograph......

Perfect Map......

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read in another thread there a are 'rumors' of tunnels being found that are coming up in future episodes and also a major artifact reveal. I went looking on the net and could find nothing other then articles from November that suggested tunnels 'may' be found. I did read the preview of the next episode and it said "Rick and Marty Lagina believe they have finally located an ancient treasure vault in the Oak Island Money Pit." So hopefully the next episode will show us something truly interesting...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read in another thread there a are 'rumors' of tunnels being found that are coming up in future episodes and also a major artifact reveal. I went looking on the net and could find nothing other then articles from November that suggested tunnels 'may' be found. I did read the preview of the next episode and it said "Rick and Marty Lagina believe they have finally located an ancient treasure vault in the Oak Island Money Pit." So hopefully the next episode will show us something truly interesting...

so I wonder what country they traveled to, in order to film tunnels :tongue3:
or if they are talking natural underground waterways

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Only 3 episodes to go...

Will Nova Scotia Business Inc. will approved another $1,271,546 in film funding for the production of a 5th season ?

The Curse of Oak Island received the Ambassador Award from the Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia last month.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only 3 episodes to go......funding for the production of a 5th season
If they are going to run a 5th season is must mean they have discovered a huge treasure vault this season in the extensive tunnel system that 'rumors' suggest they are about to show us... So I guess next season is going to be spent examining,cataloging and analyzing the treasure....:tongue3::skullflag::tongue3:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Psst.....

All the rumors aside.....they are moving in on other TNet Members' Sites.....

Finder's Keepers had maintained the site for years and the Blockhouse / Oak Island Compendium guys decided it was OK to use the site for recapping Wolter's show there.....Doug Crowell and Kel Hancock being the guilty culprits acting as if they have the ability to step in at any time they want to steal the show.

On FB Kel says that there is no reason to ask for permission to dig at new ross because he claims that Finder's Keepers cant legally dig at their own site and that they didnt have the right permits.....this was his excuse for going to New Ross......

That's a major gig jump and a stab at one of the members here.......

He tried to prove to everyone on FB that Dennis was an amateur. Kel and Doug are the crew that manifested the magic map from the old lady on the phone in the 3rd show.

I am calling for the members to Buycott the OI Enterprise and anything that Prometheus creates.

They should not be respected on T Net if they are stealing from other members here........

The rumors about the show is that they are finding tunnels......the ones that Finders Keepers claimed at New Ross.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is if they show tunnels it will be in New Ross or
other place.
and it will just be for speculation.
in order to show viewers & Morons what Tunnels look like.
instead of showing them digging & searching on the Island.

Nothing to see on Oak Island, So they travel elsewhere :(

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This show is a joke. Wood was dug up in the money pit. Now, they have to think what they are going to do next. The plan was to dig up the treasure. Shame on the brothers.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This show is a joke. Wood was dug up in the money pit. Now, they have to think what they are going to do next. The plan was to dig up the treasure. Shame on the brothers.

absolutely !
last nights show was the Best one in 4 seasons.
close to 50% of the show was about treasure Hunting.
They even found 2 legit finds. A bullet casing and a Whatsit that could be I'd'd here
as most likely from someones equipment .
in spite of the fact they brought in that yahoo who wrote a story and wasted time with him .
I was impressed at them showing the crew working .

then all of a sudden they dig wood and the one brother wants to sit back and talk about this for awhile.
How long ? A season ? 2 Seasons ? are they going to waste time going on Trips to italy & wading in the swamp and Interviewing old ladies about the fake treasure Chests their Dads bought them when they were Kids, in order to be their heroes on christmas or whenever ?

they said they wanted to get to the bottom of this before Blankenship dies :o
sorry to say, they may not have another season.

don't know about you's, but if all of a sudden they decide to let Rick have his way, I'm done !
then it is no longer a Treasure Hunting show. just a way to keep the show going and Collect money from Suckers.

Most likely they found nothing anyway & Planted the wood in order to keep the speculation going.
Now they need to cover their Arses by saying they need to let things sit for awhile. :BangHead:

and go pretend to dig a coin elsewhere on the island.
yes it's all well and good to actually look for real treasure ,
like coins with the metal detector.
rather then dig a fantasy treasure in a money pit.

but don't play us for fools and say it's there. we just don't want to dig it now
huh.gif

just so they don't end all speculation,
fantasy and pay checks from the production company, and Oak Island
Money pit Tourist trade.

yes I agree 100% "Shame on the brothers".

Rick & Marty. If you read comments and see this one.

Man UP admit defeat !

or laugh in my face by proving it's there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do drag it out......

I was happy to see them going through the tailings...

It is so frustrating that they make every step forward like having teeth pulled...

I can understand waiting the evening to make a decision what next. ie a smaller less invasive claw. It just crap they take a whole episode to show us that.

On the bright side it is where they thought it was. The depth and what they found the season they fist discovered this is right... So fingers crossed it is the vault... and we will see it before we all die of old age....

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Complete waste of time, effort, money and film. I have never watched the show and I never will. I will tell you why they are never going to find anything other than bullcrap talk that is not going to find anything other than bulls---

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread