Season 4

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why they are bothering to try to find the finger drains as they have been well established over the years. My guess is just to see them for themselves and for the TV audience as 90% of them probably have to history of knowledge of the story of Oak Island, and less then 1% of them are actually on a forum discussing it.. Also they need something to do while they are boring the next big hole in the ground and the "government official" can document their findings..

It's their way of giving us the finger :BangHead:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trust me, I've been desensitized by this guy after watching 6 years of Ancient Aliens. "Aliens? In Chattanooga? Riding the choochoo train? Could this be? And if so, was Tennessee Tuxedo also from another world?"

That was a good one! Almost spit coffee all over my monitor!

I use to watch AA but I only seem to get about 15 mins in then fall asleep.
Best two things...Georgio's hair Childress' voice.

Gonna type up an awesome summary where I will dissect the show so bad, they will have to pull it off the air!!!! Kidden, they we wouldn't have anything to watch on Tues night.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The episode last night was one of the worst ever...."here's where I want to dig...how about you?....no, how bout here?, etc., etc. , etc." Then, yet another fairy tale from an elderly lady.

The show has finally sunk lower than, "Mystery of the Superstition Mountains". It's nothing more than a scripted story line attempting to hold onto advertisers....

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep... The maid had all those jewels. Heard the queen was dead and ran away to middle of nowhere and dug a 170 ft hole with flood tunnels and buried them in it before applying for her next job.... Totally believable story.. No wonder the brothers are excited about that lead...

Now after 4 seasons they finally say "Hey Dan have you got any documents we can look at. We like documents now because FDR had documents".... It never occurred to them to check out Dans documents before drilling the first and second hole...

The one thing that tonight show did reinforce was there was obviously a real big lot of coconut fibres on that beach. They are still finding them everywhere after 230+ years. These fibres they found tonight in that layered earth are under what is supposed to be always under water. Not the beach...

That drain structure looked pretty new. I would guess it was built by Renfield.

Next weeks shorts showed a log. That must mean there in the pit! Right... There is no way a log could of gotten there otherwise...In that virgin undisturbed soil...

That must mean they a simply feet away from the treasure... I cannot wait to see those French crown jewels.....

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The episode last night was one of the worst ever...."here's where I want to dig...how about you?....no, how bout here?, etc., etc. , etc." Then, yet another fairy tale from an elderly lady.

The show has finally sunk lower than, "Mystery of the Superstition Mountains". It's nothing more than a scripted story line attempting to hold onto advertisers....

Is Rick the most gullible person in TV history? The sketches the lady showed him looked like something drawn up in the last 10 years. Does Rick really believe this information is 1,000 years old?

If an amateur artist drew up something on a 21st century canvas and presented it to Rick as a Da Vinci painting, he'd probably believe it in a second and ask his brother to pay for it.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep... The maid had all those jewels. Heard the queen was dead and ran away to middle of nowhere and dug a 170 ft hole with flood tunnels and buried them in it before applying for her next job.... Totally believable story.. No wonder the brothers are excited about that lead...

Now after 4 seasons they finally say "Hey Dan have you got any documents we can look at. We like documents now because FDR had documents".... It never occurred to them to check out Dans documents before drilling the first and second hole...

The one thing that tonight show did reinforce was there was obviously a real big lot of coconut fibres on that beach. They are still finding them everywhere after 230+ years. These fibres they found tonight in that layered earth are under what is supposed to be always under water. Not the beach...

That drain structure looked pretty new. I would guess it was built by Renfield.

Next weeks shorts showed a log. That must mean there in the pit! Right... There is no way a log could of gotten there otherwise...In that virgin undisturbed soil...

That must mean they a simply feet away from the treasure... I cannot wait to see those French crown jewels.....

Totally agree. At this point I have a hard time believing these guys think they'll find treasure on Oak Island. Perhaps initially they did, but after researching the previous massive efforts by Dunfield and others, they realized they were in over their heads. This show was a godsend to help them recoup some of the money invested in the island.

In my entire life I've never seen so many people have that surprised look on their face over nothing. I bet they practice that in the studio before every shoot. Rick and that one guy who does all the shoveling have it down to a science.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, so we start out at FDR library. Alex is as enthused as ever and Troutman has to find all the good stuff cause the Lagina's don't know how to look up anything. Prob don't know what the dewy decimal system is! Troutman shows that FDR thought the Queen's "Lady in waiting" took the jewels to Mahone bay and buried them. Well that means they have to be on OI. Then Rick is surprised that their is no written info on this. Yea, she WANTED to advertise she took the jewels to America so they could be found and then she could have her head chopped off too! Hey Rick, did ya yhink this one through? The other good one was that there were two expeditions before FDR in 1906. Alex and Rick never heard this before? The don't know of the Turo company? What is up with these guys? Go back to hotel and fill in lil brother. He is happy but sad he missed the trip.

Next day, lets go visit Halpern. Is is odd that Rick is wearing the same shirt he had on at the Library? Did he not pack a change of clothes for the trip to NY? Cue the Narrator: "Whats this, Rick wearing the same clothes two days in a row? Dirty socks and dirty skivies? Is this the Curse of IO?
Where did Alex go? The visit with Halpern was cute but now she is stating the Templars were on OI 1000 years ago and one of them actually had the Arc and Chalice. No proof but a good story. That pretty much proves they are buried on OI.

Will be back with more after.... gotta rip these sections up a lil at a time.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, so lets get to the coffer dams! 2nd time looks to be a charm. The previous one had some funny moments. Thought the nerdy guy with the glasses was crying when it busted open. Never seen that in hundreds of installs! Ya - OK pal! Best part and possible Golden Globe nominee... Jack Begley. When the dam busts... Oh my! His face and words were priceless! I laughed last week and this week again when they showed the "Extended" version.

So the new coffer dam works and best to not walk on it with golf shoes! They drain the water and start digging. Still making poor Henski do manual labor, might as well make Dan do it too! What are you guys trying to off your partners? These guys have been here for 50 years and have more info and common sense that both of you combined! So Rick is ruining stuff because he can't run a backhoe and every scoop Jack wants him to take a look. Don't you have an archeologist there? Let him do the looking! Oh my this wood looks old... it's all black! Well ya, it's been underground in the wet beach! It is not going to look new! They never really show much so we can't tell if it is old, new, some other structure, something left over from previous looks into the "Unseen" box drains. Unbelievable!

Next was the funny part of trying to pick a new spot to dig. I wanna dig here, no I wanna dig here! You got to pick last time, it's my turn!!! I'm telling mom....MOOOOOMMM!!!!! So funny.
Dan has quite the files on OI. Can you imaging what Nolan had? What if they combined them all?
Best line from Dan tonight. Someone asks, you did bla, bla with Fred Nolan? Dan says I will do anything with the Devil if it would get me the riches! Or something like that. Good scene. So to be fair now, Craig gets to pick a drill spot cause he cried when Charles got to pick one and he didn't and he put in more money so he wants to pick or he is gonna take his ball and go home!!!
Well now we know who, why and where the spot was picked. Once again they leave us on the edge of our seats and we need to tune in next week to see what happens. Man I can't stand the suspense! Just tell me, where is the bloody Arc?

HunterNC

Greenie
Dec 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...."backened Timbers".....

Not only are they incompetent treasure hunters, they are racist as well.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The narrator makes an excellent job, he just read and give the script a life and an ambience

He does do a good job but we all like to make fun of him as he can get pretty annoying at times. I take him with a grain of salt now, and not from the salt factories used at Smith's cove!

Take a look at this :

https://youtu.be/lWRjenOgklE

Sorry for the lenght of this video but some good parts there ...
Great comments at about 30.00 and after.

What do you think ?

Humm ... acting on Oak Island

https://youtu.be/_0qwL565iP8

Maybe ...

Will try and check these out tonight with volume. Pulitzer can be a little one sided at times and may need some Ritalin to calm down!

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Take a look at this :

https://youtu.be/lWRjenOgklE

Sorry for the lenght of this video but some good parts there ...
Great comments at about 30.00 and after.

What do you think ?

I watched the whole thing and he sounds pretty convincing to me. But then I don't know much of anything about him. Any thoughts on it.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the whole thing and he sounds pretty convincing to me. But then I don't know much of anything about him. Any thoughts on it.

Lol. It's the Treasure Force Commander himself!

Don't buy into anything this goof says, Pippin. This is the clown that brought out the fake sword and tried to pass it off as a genuine Roman artifact, and proof that ancient Romans landed at Oak Island. He has absolutely zero credibility on anything.

Meyer

Greenie
Jan 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blackend wood? Could this be evidence that it has been buried in the mud for 100 years??

Worst episode ever. Wore out my FF button on the DVR remote.

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up here in Canada, we're kinda lucky that we get to see the show 5 days after it previews for our American bretheren. That way we can read the TNet / Reddit forums and find out what went on, that way we don't havta spend a bunch of time watching to find out they found nothing (yet again)

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
If Hutton said the true he had a 5 years contract. The brothers cancel the contract before season 3.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lol. It's the Treasure Force Commander himself!

Don't buy into anything this goof says, Pippin. This is the clown that brought out the fake sword and tried to pass it off as a genuine Roman artifact, and proof that ancient Romans landed at Oak Island. He has absolutely zero credibility on anything.
Well if you watch his broadcasts he will show you information he has gathered straight from archives and researches he has done on and for Oak Island.

1 instance that just happened. The TV Show, shows the guys digging in the cove and uncovering a structure with total amazment.
But yet Hutton shows a picture of Dan himself back a few decades. On the exact same spot excavated out. With Dan himself standing next to the exact same structure. Trying to do the exact same thing in locating these flood tunnels or what. Then to no luck. Filled the hole in.
Now the brothers are hear doing the exact same thing.
So what does that tell you.
The show is so scripted to drag you along

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you watch his broadcasts he will show you information he has gathered straight from archives and researches he has done on and for Oak Island.

1 instance that just happened. The TV Show, shows the guys digging in the cove and uncovering a structure with total amazment.
But yet Hutton shows a picture of Dan himself back a few decades. On the exact same spot excavated out. With Dan himself standing next to the exact same structure. Trying to do the exact same thing in locating these flood tunnels or what. Then to no luck. Filled the hole in.
Now the brothers are hear doing the exact same thing.
So what does that tell you.
The show is so scripted to drag you along

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yeah, he's still grumpy about the brothers exposing his Roman sword as a hoax, so he's trying to get back at them by 'exposing' what everyone already knows: reality TV is scripted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions