Season 4

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Is this show still on? Geesh I am so done. And there is a season 5 coming? I get updates on episodes from a co-worker but damn they are going nowhere slow.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this show still on? Geesh I am so done. And there is a season 5 coming? I get updates on episodes from a co-worker but damn they are going nowhere slow.
I don't know if there will be a season 5. I do not think they have much left to do.

I think Marty is pretty sick of spending his summer holidays on OI.

I would guess they will wrap things up in next 3 episodes myself.

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked up some recent ratings on the show figuring they must be low because it's the same nonsense every episode. Nope. Number one show on cable for the night they're on:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tuesday-cable-ratings-jan-3-2017/

So I don't think this will be the last season and I'm guessing we're looking at two more seasons, at least. Then they'll probably take a year off and then set it up so the brothers "find new clues" and come out with a new spinoff series called "Return to Oak Island" and this time they'll have a moderately attractive female on the team to try to keep viewership up. You heard it here first!

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
I looked up some recent ratings on the show figuring they must be low because it's the same nonsense every episode. Nope. Number one show on cable for the night they're on:

Tuesday cable ratings: ?Curse of Oak Island? wins the night ? TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com

So I don't think this will be the last season and I'm guessing we're looking at two more seasons, at least. Then they'll probably take a year off and then set it up so the brothers "find new clues" and come out with a new spinoff series called "Return to Oak Island" and this time they'll have a moderately attractive female on the team to try to keep viewership up. You heard it here first!

Sorry for you, 5 years contract ...

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for you, 5 years contract ...

As President Trump might say...All Contracts Can Be Renewed...Especially When It Is To Our Own Best Interests!

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep Searching!

How many years will it take for the brothers to find treasures? Maybe never, I believe.

At Least They are Searching...Without Them What Would We Have?

Keep Searching.jpg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

By my calculations the result would be the same. Nothing.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After they dig there third hole what is left to search... They have dug the pit (found nothing), They have emptied 10X (found chicken bone and some old wood), they have drained the swamp (found rail way spike and old plank) and they have dammed and explored Smiths cove (Found some previously found/photographed wood)... The results the same. No treasure and no evidence of treasure... Short of doing a 'Dunfeild' of the area (ripping a massive hole) there options are pretty much exhausted....

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RE FD Roosevelt

From reading J.Steele book (The Oak Island Mystery Solved) it appears the young FDR only visited OI twice for brief visits. He was not there engaged in the active digging for treasure...

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Exhausted...Not in the Least!

After they dig there third hole what is left to search... They have dug the pit (found nothing), They have emptied 10X (found chicken bone and some old wood), they have drained the swamp (found rail way spike and old plank) and they have dammed and explored Smiths cove (Found some previously found/photographed wood)... The results the same. No treasure and no evidence of treasure... Short of doing a 'Dunfeild' of the area (ripping a massive hole) there options are pretty much exhausted....

They are Slowly Coming around to my Truths.

Who...British Navy Admirals...Who were Freemasons
What...Their Accumulated Treasures and the Plunder from Havana Cuba.
When... 1760...1762.
Where...Oak Island Treasure Vault

How...Time to Dig a Hole...At My "X's"!

Freemason's Celestial Map with Tunnels 2.jpg

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who...British Navy Admirals...Who were Freemasons
What...Their Accumulated Treasures and the Plunder from Havana Cuba.
When... 1760...1762.
Where...Oak Island Treasure Vault

So my friend "assuming" you are correct... Why did they not come back and get it?

(Simple answer please:icon_thumright:)

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Best thing in the show so far is when Rick gave kudos to those of us who put the hours in at archives (I LOVE the smell of 300-year-old books!). That he & Marty have not put that time in to date is amazing. He acted like this was his first time reading archive documents not brought to him by conspiracy theorists.

Isn't the first step in treasure hunting supposed to be research? Second step analysis? These guys are doing everything on the fly.

Last edited:

Sandytoes

Apr 15, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marie Antoinette's Jewels

And of course, no concrete evidence will be given. Rick will come back and tell Marty that after extensive research they found out that FDR was obsessed with Oak Island. Marty will say "very interesting", and then it'll never get mentioned again (similar to the Francis Bacon story).

After watching episode 11, I did a little search on Marie Antoinette and Wiscassett, Maine. There have always been rumors that her furnishings arrived by ship in the Wiscassett area while she was imprisoned and some Americans worked to smuggle her and her possessions out of France. I read an old historical society paper on this and learned that a Mr Delano (any relation to FDR?) owned the land that the Cough house was on. The Clough House was the house where some speculate her furnishings may have ended up. It is located in Edgecomb, Maine which is just over the bridge from Wiscassett. The man who may have brought her property to the US did regular business in Paris. Here is a link to the historical society article. Isn't this fun! :icon_queen:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggoMAQ&usg=AFQjCNE0RZcvwKEnlSckwSj3pZwXEAtVRA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread