🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the point ? Do you think any of that lends credence to whether or not there is, or ever was, a treasure on Oak Island ?
What it does show is the government it out of control with what they want and what they will let you do with your own land. I suppose they have some more rights to have a say on Oak island in that they have given $2 million to the Laginas...

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Just to protect historical artefacts (if any) ....

"if any" (emphasis mine). Hence the fact of government intrusion doesn't mean anything as to whether or not there's a treasure there.

I bet I can go to my city hall tomorrow, ask if I can wear a suit made of tree bark, and stand on the Corner of Main St. x 3rd St, with peanut butter smeared on my head, "So as to summon the UFO's to communicate with planet earth".

The city hall, no doubt, would tell me I need a Parade permit, or an adverstising variance tax, or .... some such thing. And then I can point to that and say "Aha! UFO's trying to communicate with planet earth exist !" right ? Otherwise, why else would my city issue permits and variances for such activities? They obviously must know ! Hmmmm

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
"if any" (emphasis mine). Hence the fact of government intrusion doesn't mean anything as to whether or not there's a treasure there.

I bet I can go to my city hall tomorrow, ask if I can wear a suit made of tree bark, and stand on the Corner of Main St. x 3rd St, with peanut butter smeared on my head, "So as to summon the UFO's to communicate with planet earth".

The city hall, no doubt, would tell me I need a Parade permit, or an adverstising variance tax, or .... some such thing. And then I can point to that and say "Aha! UFO's trying to communicate with planet earth exist !" right ? Otherwise, why else would my city issue permits and variances for such activities? They obviously must know ! Hmmmm

Don't try this in Montreal ! You could be arrested and be on psychiatric exam for 30 days :laughing7:

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't try this in Montreal ! You could be arrested and be on psychiatric exam for 30 days :laughing7:

Ha....reminds me of a friend of mine...he used to check himself in to Nevada, Mo. state mental hospital about every two years...stay the 3 week evaluation period and go home...

He did it to get away from the wife and kids for a bit...vacation of laying around in the day room, not having to do a thing, no one to gripe at him...

And he was as sane as you or I...well...at least you, they are still checking on me...I get out next week....maybe!

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol.. Find treasure and everyone wants their bit...

ctn1.jpg

Made me think... As mentioned by another poster there is a possibility that one of the previous treasure seekers actually did find treasure. Who actually knows if Dunfeild ever pulled something of value out of all the holes he dug.

That cartoon was just before the conclusions on this great document of interesting stuff re oak island

conc.jpg

http://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/u..._island_mystery_toronto_les_m_may_22_2013.pdf

Even after all this searching, all this money, all those people lives....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

gazzahk, all that speculation simply presumes anything was ever there. A couple of kids get excited about disturbed ground and a tree trunk chain thing (if we even accept THAT starting premises to be true or valid or worthy of any "treasure"). And everything after that, is all the telephone game, ever since then.

So a wrap up such as yours shown above, has too many implicit assumptions. For example, take point #3, for instance. What is the "it" they are referring to ? (Let's be honest): Answer: A) That "there was super deep tunnel shafts dug that the boys found. B) That there was timber and chamber rooms.

Who ever said either those things was even fact to begin with ? :icon_scratch:

I find A & B to be nothing but dreamy eyed treasure fever telephone game speculation. Thus postage stamp wrapups such as this one, are just assuming their own end notions. Ie.: using the end conclusion as the starting point of a conversation.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gazzahk, all that speculation simply presumes anything was ever there. A couple of kids get excited about disturbed ground and a tree trunk chain thing (if we even accept THAT starting premises to be true or valid or worthy of any "treasure"). And everything after that, is all the telephone game, ever since then.

So a wrap up such as yours shown above, has too many implicit assumptions. For example, take point #3, for instance. What is the "it" they are referring to ? (Let's be honest): Answer: A) That "there was super deep tunnel shafts dug that the boys found. B) That there was timber and chamber rooms.

Who ever said either those things was even fact to begin with ? :icon_scratch:

I find A & B to be nothing but dreamy eyed treasure fever telephone game speculation. Thus postage stamp wrapups such as this one, are just assuming their own end notions. Ie.: using the end conclusion as the starting point of a conversation.
Quite possibly you are right. That is simply the conclusion those authors reach at the end of there very interesting presentation... They certainly have put together a very interesting pictorial presentation of the history of the search on OI.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they really wanted to excavate the island they could surround it with a caisson like they use to put in bridge piers.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Quite possibly you are right. That is simply the conclusion those authors reach at the end of there very interesting presentation... They certainly have put together a very interesting pictorial presentation of the history of the search on OI.

Thanx for the feedback.

Rest assured: Authors can themselves be subject to treasure fever subconscious "steering" . And can themselves put aside critical thinking, because a pirate treasure is so fun to believe in. And can themselves can take past supposed time-line events as "givens", w/o asking themselves "says who?". Once an author falls for all that, (and puts together a cool picture presentation), you can make just about ANY conjecture seem believable ! Eg.: UFO's, bigfoot, conspiracy theories, and so forth.

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait a minute...

So now you're saying UFO's and Bigfoot aren't real, and 911 wasn't an inside job?

Wow...now I know for sure there is a treasure on Oak Island and you're just trying to cover it up...

You work for the gov't don't you....

Whoops, got to run to the bunker, I hear the black helicopters coming again...Later!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Wait a minute...

So now you're saying UFO's and Bigfoot aren't real, and 911 wasn't an inside job?

Wow...now I know for sure there is a treasure on Oak Island and you're just trying to cover it up...

You work for the gov't don't you....

Whoops, got to run to the bunker, I hear the black helicopters coming again...Later!

Sssshhhh, don't tell anyone. I'm trying to keep my cover.

But ... just for you, yes: I'm a govt. shill (the freemasons pay me too). What better way to keep people from believing in and finding our treasure, than to go on forums and paint it as "silly telephone game legends" or "conspiracy theories run amok" ? By planting those notions in people's minds, they stop hunting for our treasure. Pretty clever method of ours, eh ?

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What About the Stones?

Hello All, Saying the Money Pit is a "Bust", what reasons have we for the stones found over the century?

The equilateral 10' triangle made of round beach stones pointing towards the "Money Pit" as well as a line of stones going thru and pointing due north?
Also the large "Drilled" stone found 50' North of the "Money Pit" and a similar "Drilled" stone more than 400' east? All found in the late 1890's.

What reasons are there for the discovery of "Nolan's Cross" found in the '80's. 5 large cone shaped granite boulders and one of sand stone in the middle seemingly aligned symmetrically to form a cross and showing geometric measurements? Possibly alluding to the connection between the Masons & Templars?

Explain several "Mosaic" marked stones that were found by Gilbert Hedden at Joudrey's Cove in 1936 with a number of different mosaic symbols?

What about the granite bolder with the letter "G" in a rectangle supposedly representing mosaic "Geometry"?

Also there was the "Heart" stone, possibly hand made. Was it to mark a treasure?

Were all these stones placed just to reinforce the Scam / Hoax many of you all propose or was there indeed a mosaic presence?
It seems to me this would be a large amount of work to go thru just to support a hoax and if the cross was indeed part of the hoax wouldn't the hoaxer have leaked it out before the 1980's?

Your Bud Aurum

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Equilateral Triangle"

This one (reconstructed)?

StoneTriangleOakIsland.jpg

Haphazard naturally scattered rocks and overactive imaginations.

Drilled stone?

a-drilled-stone_western.jpg

Someone wanted it out of there and began the rock drill process for splitting with a shim and wedge, water (freezes & splits the rock) or blasting powder.

Of course it would have been with a rock drill and sledge for the initial hole.

OP
OP
B

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Hello All, Saying the Money Pit is a "Bust", what reasons have we for the stones found over the century?

The equilateral 10' triangle made of round beach stones pointing towards the "Money Pit" as well as a line of stones going thru and pointing due north?
Also the large "Drilled" stone found 50' North of the "Money Pit" and a similar "Drilled" stone more than 400' east? All found in the late 1890's.

What reasons are there for the discovery of "Nolan's Cross" found in the '80's. 5 large cone shaped granite boulders and one of sand stone in the middle seemingly aligned symmetrically to form a cross and showing geometric measurements? Possibly alluding to the connection between the Masons & Templars?

Explain several "Mosaic" marked stones that were found by Gilbert Hedden at Joudrey's Cove in 1936 with a number of different mosaic symbols?

What about the granite bolder with the letter "G" in a rectangle supposedly representing mosaic "Geometry"?

Also there was the "Heart" stone, possibly hand made. Was it to mark a treasure?

Were all these stones placed just to reinforce the Scam / Hoax many of you all propose or was there indeed a mosaic presence?
It seems to me this would be a large amount of work to go thru just to support a hoax and if the cross was indeed part of the hoax wouldn't the hoaxer have leaked it out before the 1980's?

Your Bud Aurum

I will pretend im a skeptic:

All the stones and stories were just misconstrued coincidences, people being hopeful, or a scam to get money, and can't possibly be anything else.

There never was anything on the island but a bunch of treasure seekers, scammers, and the gullible. There no is way to prove otherwise, therefore we must be right.

Just like the revolutionary war, I didn't see it on video, so it must not of happened. :)

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I think you hit with this...

"Were all these stones placed just to reinforce the Scam / Hoax "

Some of the simpler stones could also have been placed by prior residents of the island as markers of one sort or another relating to their property in some way,,,boundary lines etc.

Stones with holes have been used all over the world as anchors, from small to large, they have also been used to reinforce/tension a fence line, and are in use as such on many old farms yet today here in Missouri .......to make the leap to being somehow related to a treasure theory will take someone more convinced than I

Others with 'secret' meanings, to me, are most certainly part of enticing investors...by placement or markings, more funds needed, find another 'secret sign'

I used to believe in the treasure being there, since I read the Readers Digest article as a kid...but the more information and research done, the less likely it becomes...blame the internet, but today you can find much more info than at anytime before and so make better decisions on things...

So I blame Al Gore for bursting my bubble......

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Your Bud Aurum

Yes Bud, the equilateral triangle did exist and there are some early diagrams of it. The fact is that it pointed straight to the mouth of the Gold River and the trail (now road) that led to new ross.

The drilled stones of various sizes equate to medieval anchors originally adapted by the Norse. Small ones/ small boats, large ones/ tie offs for larger ships.

Cheers, Loki

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loki.....

Just curious on the triangle idea....How wide is the mouth of the Gold River and how far away from the triangle? How many points of degrees either direction could the triangle have and still 'hit' that mouth? In other words, what pinpoints it conclusively to pointing to that spot? Maybe 'that' spot is where treasure should be looked for...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread