The Largest Treasure Hoard in History....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd imagine there are reason for the way they go about things on the island. Be it their working schedule, the shows, or getting EPA to ok it, etc etc... Plus they can cut the show up after the fact to portray it however the show wants.. It still amazes me how much *****ing and moaning about the show goes on here YET, everybody keeps watching.. I'm sure the brothers and the Discovery Channel appreciates it!!!!!

timex

Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they make a significant find and shut the doubters down too. I think the TV show gives a disjointed view of the search process. I think one would have to spend a full summer with the brothers and their team to see all the work they are doing. Also I'm sure they are doing much more research behind the scenes that we don't get to see. I hope all their time and investment leads to an amazing discovery, or at least some concrete answers to this interesting mystery.

Thanks Gazzahk, I've been enjoying the forum and hearing everyones thoughts especially on Oak Island. I'm excited for next weeks final episode. I've been following this mystery for a long time and would love for them to find something that answers some questions. I don't think people are giving the brothers enough credit. We don't get to see the background work and research they put in on the show. Fingers crossed for next Tuesday.

I'd imagine there are reason for the way they go about things on the island. Be it their working schedule, the shows, or getting EPA to ok it, etc etc... Plus they can cut the show up after the fact to portray it however the show wants.. It still amazes me how much *****ing and moaning about the show goes on here YET, everybody keeps watching.. I'm sure the brothers and the Discovery Channel appreciates it!!!!!

Saving all the cuts for the Big Show!
James Cameron has already signed on as Director.

Season Final they find something and play it out as a teaser.
Roll into a Preview of the up-coming summer blockbuster starring Tom Hanks & Brad Pitt, as the brothers.
Think of "the davinci code" style.

Where "All will be Revealed". :tongue3:

Tim

Dbuck

Greenie
Jan 1, 2017
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the History Channel, but I agree all the moaning but people are still watching and commenting. I've noticed many saying that there is nothing to this mystery, but when I log on to Treasurenet this is the treasure legend most are reading about and commenting on. I am looking forward to next week. I hope they have found something significant and they continue to be explore next summer.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the network doesn't care why your watching as long as your watching... They adhere to the old saying "there is no such thing as bad publicity"....

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm starting to feel sorry for those guys, don't think they will find anything.

This should have been posted after the second episode... when it became obvious that they weren't going to find anything!

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they finally make the break through to the "hideous unmentionable thing" here is what is going to happen to Rick....

sand dragon.jpg

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, it should be Marty as Rick "believes!!!!"

Last edited:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
After the huge sums of money they are putting into this, they will be lucky if they find anything that will offset this huge undertaking. It's a long shot to reap any profit from this endevour.

BTW n2mini, the EPA is not in Canada, but they do regulate things to death up there too.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know with these guys, though. They seem to be the poster children for "Treasure Hunting with ADD". They will search somewhere and find "something" interesting and then immediately decide to look somewhere else.
My thoughts exactly! To me the swamp should have been searched thoroughly to the bottom, saving draining it several times. Then move on to the next promising section / location search that completely. Think how much $$$ could be saved not having to pump several times. Not having to pay to move equipment over & over. It would be a real bummer to hear a couple years later they missed something huge by 3' because they jumped over to spot so & so. But as they say, They've got all this wonderful data!!!

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More Treasure

Well since this thread started... We now can add the treasure that the guy with the small island near OI reckons is buried their.. I cannot remember exactly what he claimed but seemed to be a heap of priceless missing relics and tonnes and tonnes of gold.

We now also have a bunch of Spanish captains burying loot they took from South America on OI because they did not want to only get 15%... This is the theory that Dan's thinks is 'only logical'...

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Even if there was a treasure or 2 or 3, just how do you know somebody didn't find out about it and dig it up long ago? I know if it were me I wouldn't tell you.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More Treasure

Well since this thread started... We now can add the treasure that the guy with the small island near OI reckons is buried their.. I cannot remember exactly what he claimed but seemed to be a heap of priceless missing relics and tonnes and tonnes of gold.

We now also have a bunch of Spanish captains burying loot they took from South America on OI because they did not want to only get 15%... This is the theory that Dan's thinks is 'only logical'...

I believe he said - Golden chalice, tons of gold, Mayan records, etc...

Even if there was a treasure or 2 or 3, just how do you know somebody didn't find out about it and dig it up long ago? I know if it were me I wouldn't tell you.

This totally makes sense. Could it be where Samuel Ball got his riches???

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe he said - Golden chalice, tons of gold, Mayan records, etc...
Well we are nearly there.. We got a gold plated button and a couple of pieces of bent steel...Just ten more feet and we will hit this motherload of loot.... Can't wait to see the sceptics faces when they start hauling all this stuff out of their hole..:notworthy:

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites

If you wanted to get conspiratorial here you conclude that maybe the Laginas and their partners did just that. In watching the last episode they left it open to whether or not they will continue their quest but in talking about it they didn't seem to torn up about the fact that they have spent 9 years and probably millions of dollars to find nothing. They were pretty jovial and nonchalant about the whole thing. They didn't seem to care if anyone thought they may have been wrong or wasted time and money, it was just like, "oh well, we're happy, we'll decide later what we want to do".

A good conspiracy theorist would watch the last ten minutes of the show and say, wait a minute, something isn't right here.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well we are nearly there.. We got a gold plated button and a couple of pieces of bent steel...Just ten more feet and we will hit this motherload of loot.... Can't wait to see the sceptics faces when they start hauling all this stuff out of their hole..:notworthy:

I can't wait as well! That's why I DVR all the episodes... I want to have a cool AV of them showing off all the goodies. I think we will have to update the list you had going of all the items buried on OI and it's surrounding cousin islands. Might need its own forum as that list keeps on getting bigger and bigger and.....

If you wanted to get conspiratorial here you conclude that maybe the Laginas and their partners did just that. In watching the last episode they left it open to whether or not they will continue their quest but in talking about it they didn't seem to torn up about the fact that they have spent 9 years and probably millions of dollars to find nothing. They were pretty jovial and nonchalant about the whole thing. They didn't seem to care if anyone thought they may have been wrong or wasted time and money, it was just like, "oh well, we're happy, we'll decide later what we want to do".

A good conspiracy theorist would watch the last ten minutes of the show and say, wait a minute, something isn't right here.

I believe that was the goal for the entire season. Start something, get bored and then walk away and start doing something else... These guys have ADD really bad! If Rick was not there the show would have been a 3hr mini series and we would be done with it by now. As long as Marty will keep funding Rick's dreams, they will never leave. It's always 10' more feet down or 2' to the left or right.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd gladly invite the Lagina bros. to search my backyard! I have a bountiful field for them to search! Hell, I'd even let them sleep in my RV! Do you think it'd nix the deal if I let on it's my test bed?

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The real problem here is that they are no where near deep enough. They need to keep digging beyond the center of the earth and still keep going. The bad news is that when they find all of that treasure, China will claim it because that is how deep they had to dig...ha ha

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread