The Largest Treasure Hoard in History....

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gazzahk compiled a nice list of most theories. Are some of these even plausible? Like why travel so far to hide something small that could be hid on your own continent. No, lets go all the way across the Atlantic ocean and bury our most valuable possessions in a country we don't even know anything about! Yea, that is a good idea! I am borrowing parts of his post to add my thoughts to it. Hope ya dont mind?

Captain Kids Treasure — Possible, he had a ship and traveled the oceans stealing all he could.

The hoards of the Knights Templar — Not so sure. Why travel so far west? Did they have all the items most speculate they collected?

The Ark of the Covenant — See above as it would be with the items above if it is real.

Aztec gold buried by the Aztecs with an Aztec king — No way! Did they have ships? Why would they travel so far north to hide their treasure? Plenty of other places to hide it beside OI.

Shakespheres manuscripts — Same as most above. Why travel so far west to hide paper underground with water around? These could be hidden in a wall, a safe, under a mattress!

Francis Bacon — No way. Lets have me buried after I die thousands of miles west so no one can visit my grave.

Black beards treasure — Possible, he had a ship and traveled the oceans stealing all he could.

Roman Treasure - No way. Don't believe they ever made it to The new world. What exactly was their treasure?

Loot buried by Christopher Columbus financier — He was not that far north. What did he have for treasure?

Aztec/Spanish gold buried by the British — Most logical. They stole it, they were on or around OI so maybe?

Loot from the American revolution buried by the British - Like above. A maybe?.

Marie Antoinette jewels — What did they have for jewels? Cant hide them local? Why travel so far for a small amount of items. Plus the idea of the French over here? Where did that come from?

A hideous unmentionable thing that was never meant to be recovered.... Me like this. Ones mind can come up with all sorts of horrible and unthinkable items!

The lost Dutchmans mine must be somewhere…. I thought that was out West somewhere? Might as well as add it in to this list.

Honorable mention theories..

Satellite imagery that showed loot stashes in caves all over OI including jewels gold etc This I have not really heard or read but with todays tech it should be possible to prove or disprove.

The Hatch - Yea, an outhouse left over. Dont want to dig there...pewww

Spanish ship(s) buried in the swamp- For sure, totally possible and explains the swamp. Drain it!!

Wow, that was fun. I hope todays lesson has enlightened your spirits. Please send a check for $49.95 for a DVD of this post.

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A hideous unmentionable thing that was never meant to be recovered.... Cannot remember who came up with this maybe mystery voice that re tells viewers everything we forgot in the add break. Evidence is that if someone went to so much trouble to bury something this deep with flood tunnels they may of wanted it to stay buried… (This is the best theory if one wants to make a movie about OI in my view - imagine what it could be....)

Possibly the "Ark of the Covenant" would have need to be hidden from your enemies with no easy retrieval.
For those that only seen the Ark's destructive powers, it could have been hideous and unmentionable to them.
If you looked or touched it you were dead and those not protected had to stay far away, according to the bible.
Some reason the danger from the Ark was radioactivity. Remember the Indiana Jones movie...

Your Bud Aurum

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Possibly the "Ark of the Covenant" would have need to be hidden from your enemies with no easy retrieval.
For those that only seen the Ark's destructive powers, it could have been hideous and unmentionable to them.
If you looked or touched it you were dead and those not protected had to stay far away, according to the bible.
Some reason the danger from the Ark was radioactivity. Remember the Indiana Jones movie...

Your Bud Aurum

Bud, Do you believe it existed? Do you believe it had the powers portrayed in the Indiana Jones movie?
It would be cool if it was real but I just don't think so. Plus, if it acted like it did in the movie, wouldn't it always kill everyone around with their eyes open? What could it be used for then? I am really curious now.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lost Dutchmans mine must be somewhere…. I thought that was out West somewhere? Might as well as add it in to this list.
Lol.... but here is the heart shaped stone

heart stone.jpg

This MUST be the stone on the legendary map showing the direction to the lost dutchmans mine....:icon_thumright:

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nah. There was more treasure found under that church in Philadelphia. You know, the one in that National Treasure movie. I saw it on TV so it must be true. :tongue3:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate to say it, but I doubt they'll find anything there and if they do it will be insignificant. This will be one big TV bust just like Heraldo did with that room in Chicago. I'd love for them to prove me wrong though.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you notice that would be "13" buried treasures and one unmentionable hideous thing!

How fast will 13 buried treasures sink?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone that ever read the Bible can tell you where the Ark is ,and it`s not in a wet hole in Nova Scrota.
Read the last book of the Bible you can see for yourself "The Ark of my Testimony " is ??
Gary

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eating_popcorn_tn_final.gif
That's ok you doubters! I will be laughing my butt off when 9 years from now (yea - they show about 10 minutes of actual searching cause they insist on "reviewing" everything after each commercial) you will find that they recovered 6 billion dollars of stuff. Yea - I will be laughing at all you doubters!

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never question a treasure hunters methods .these guys are putting thier heart ,soul and cash into this , it's thier dream and I will glean as much as i can from thier method as i can and it won't cost me one dime if i learn one little thing from watching I win. I truely hope they make the big find and shut you negitive nellies down...never question another mans method of finding treasure.....as we all know treasure is where you find it. You'll never find anything if you don't look....

timex

Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never question a treasure hunters methods .these guys are putting thier heart ,soul and cash into this , it's thier dream and I will glean as much as i can from thier method as i can and it won't cost me one dime if i learn one little thing from watching I win. I truely hope they make the big find and shut you negitive nellies down...never question another mans method of finding treasure.....as we all know treasure is where you find it. You'll never find anything if you don't look....

Amen!

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

I don't know with these guys, though. They seem to be the poster children for "Treasure Hunting with ADD". They will search somewhere and find "something" interesting and then immediately decide to look somewhere else.

Dbuck

Greenie
Jan 1, 2017
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they make a significant find and shut the doubters down too. I think the TV show gives a disjointed view of the search process. I think one would have to spend a full summer with the brothers and their team to see all the work they are doing. Also I'm sure they are doing much more research behind the scenes that we don't get to see. I hope all their time and investment leads to an amazing discovery, or at least some concrete answers to this interesting mystery.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You forgot a couple... the Golden Chalice, the Staff of Ra, the Shankara stones an the keys to my 68 Camaro. Can't find them anywhere so they have to be on OI!

Dont forget about Hutton's lost Cellphone from Season 2

LOL

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they make a significant find and shut the doubters down too. I think the TV show gives a disjointed view of the search process. I think one would have to spend a full summer with the brothers and their team to see all the work they are doing. Also I'm sure they are doing much more research behind the scenes that we don't get to see. I hope all their time and investment leads to an amazing discovery, or at least some concrete answers to this interesting mystery.

Wow the same post from two new members? hmmmmmm? coincidence?

There must be a treasure there if these two new members agree

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eating_popcorn_tn_final.gif
That's ok you doubters! I will be laughing my butt off when 9 years from now (yea - they show about 10 minutes of actual searching cause they insist on "reviewing" everything after each commercial) you will find that they recovered 6 billion dollars of stuff. Yea - I will be laughing at all you doubters!

That is they recovered 6 billion......

For the Revolution......

And Ill Still Be Winking At You Guys.......LOL

Great Seal Deciphered.jpg

Dbuck

Greenie
Jan 1, 2017
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does it matter if I'm a new member here? I'm just giving my opinions like everyone else. I may be new to this site, but I've been researching this mystery for years. I'm looking forward to the season finale of the show. It looks like they may have found something interesting.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does it matter if I'm a new member here? I'm just giving my opinions like everyone else. I may be new to this site, but I've been researching this mystery for years. I'm looking forward to the season finale of the show. It looks like they may have found something interesting.
Ha ha... treasure seekers are a suspicious lot... Welcome to the discussion and the forum...

Dbuck

Greenie
Jan 1, 2017
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Gazzahk, I've been enjoying the forum and hearing everyones thoughts especially on Oak Island. I'm excited for next weeks final episode. I've been following this mystery for a long time and would love for them to find something that answers some questions. I don't think people are giving the brothers enough credit. We don't get to see the background work and research they put in on the show. Fingers crossed for next Tuesday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread