The Largest Treasure Hoard in History....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your correct that they aren't deep enough. If what Rick believes in that there was a shaft collapse from the past diggers they do need to go deeper. The machine couldn't bite and dig any deeper they claimed which is the only reason they stopped when they did. Rick is always going to wonder if they were close to finding something down there. Marty even asked the lead guy if they could get back to the same spot in the future if need be...

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
Your correct that they aren't deep enough. If what Rick believes in that there was a shaft collapse from the past diggers they do need to go deeper. The machine couldn't bite and dig any deeper they claimed which is the only reason they stopped when they did. Rick is always going to wonder if they were close to finding something down there. Marty even asked the lead guy if they could get back to the same spot in the future if need be...

But why? Why not drop sonar or a camera in the hole to see what's down there while the hole is open? Instead, they want to spend a hundred grand or more to re do the hole later?? These guys either have so much money that they are just looking for some way to piss it away or maybe they just need a really good tax write off. They sure aren't searching for answers.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But why? Why not drop sonar or a camera in the hole to see what's down there while the hole is open? Instead, they want to spend a hundred grand or more to re do the hole later?? These guys either have so much money that they are just looking for some way to piss it away or maybe they just need a really good tax write off. They sure aren't searching for answers.

Alec, you can NOT apply logic to anything they do on the show or how it is shown on TV. If you do, you get frustrated and start yelling and throwing things at your TV. They depict the Team on the show as a bunch of Rich, Spoiled Brats with ADD. Well, that's the best way I can describe it.

Pour a drink, enjoy and laugh when watching the show. It is so much more enjoyable that way!

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
Alec, you can NOT apply logic to anything they do on the show or how it is shown on TV. If you do, you get frustrated and start yelling and throwing things at your TV. They depict the Team on the show as a bunch of Rich, Spoiled Brats with ADD. Well, that's the best way I can describe it.

Pour a drink, enjoy and laugh when watching the show. It is so much more enjoyable that way!

I would definitely agree with that. Now where did I leave that bottle opener??:occasion14:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure if they keep using people that aren't top notch when they have done sonar and or all those crazy looking metal detectors thingys in the swamp but everytime they have they end up with data that they can't duplicate later and or put hands on...

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been bored for many years watching this show. If I stop watching one night, it may be the night that they will find treasures. Good hunting and good luck.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I been bored for many years watching this show. If I stop watching one night, it may be the night that they will find treasures. Good hunting and good luck.

LOL, good one HS!

That IS the Curse of Oak Island.... damned if you watch, damned if you don't!

:occasion14:

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure if they keep using people that aren't top notch when they have done sonar and or all those crazy looking metal detectors thingys in the swamp but everytime they have they end up with data that they can't duplicate later and or put hands on...
Yep... What gets me is how these people come up with their looney ideas about what is buried there. Like last episode when Dan said "its only logical that the Spanish captains buried treasure there"... Spock would be turning in his grave (Leonard Nimoy did a special on OI back in the past)..

That guy on the little island what is he basing he crazed dreams on?

But you are right they bring on kooks but not anyone ie J.Steele that has a non treasure explanation of OI history...

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That guy on the little island what is he basing he crazed dreams on?

But you are right they bring on kooks but not anyone ie J.Steele that has a non treasure explanation of OI history...

That crazy dude saw that someone else was gonna get 15% of the finds so why not proclaim you have Mayan records, the chalice and tons of gold bullion... can't hurt and he also got to be on TV. Bucket list material there!

They will not show anyone who doesn't think that treasure is on the island, never mind someone who has a good theory that could explain why they are wasting time and money.... natural phenomena... ouch, bad publicity.

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I watched last night and the famous metal detectorist guy (I forgot his name) shouts "I found a coin, a gold coin!" turns out, it was only a button and not gold, but gold plated where most of the plating had been destroyed. I mean, I don't blame the guy...I would have done that too but, if indeed he was an expert and has found hundreds of gold coins and such, you think he might have been just a bit more conserved like..."Hey, I found something here, might be a button or maybe a coin...let's check it out."

Yes, I know it is a TV show and they need to keep up our interest or it will be cancelled...I get that. I just thought that the "expert" detectorist might have been a bit more reseved is all. Looks like the season ended without more from that guy that owns the island next door with tons of treasure on it and a tunnel to Oak Island. Hmmmm....my guess is he overpaid for his island and wants to sell, ha ha.

Bill

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He has found as much as the Laginas have. :laughing7:

If you think about it, have the Lag bros done anything for research? I see them buying their way into this hunt and then just reviewing what others, like Dan B, have spent years researching, digging and speculating on. The show pays for "experts" to come on and do more research. If you saw the show when they went to the FDR library, Rick and Alex looked like they have never looked anything up at the library or on the internet.
I wonder if they tried to buy Nolan's research as well as it looked like he had a TON of info. Like the basement full of files Dan had.
They just hem and haw over what people present to them... I don't think they ever did anything more than read the Reader Digest story and maybe they didn't even do that. They probably were read it as a bed time story.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they had a dream and luckly are well off and were able to follow it. Regardless if they ever find anything they don't have to have their own great ideas to follow as long as they have the money to follow Dan's or others to try to get their own answers to their life long dream...Not sure why ya'll ***** and moan about them so much but obviously are following along. If you were rich would you have any desire to go to the island and take your shot at it????? if not why follow along in all this and complain about everything that happens on the show. Go dig a hole somewhere yourself....

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they had a dream and luckly are well off and were able to follow it. Regardless if they ever find anything they don't have to have their own great ideas to follow as long as they have the money to follow Dan's or others to try to get their own answers to their life long dream...Not sure why ya'll ***** and moan about them so much but obviously are following along. If you were rich would you have any desire to go to the island and take your shot at it????? if not why follow along in all this and complain about everything that happens on the show. Go dig a hole somewhere yourself....
As I have said before.. It is subject to debate whether Dan and Fred have 'wasted their lives pursuing a treasure that does not exist' or have had 'full and meaning full lives pursuing their dream'... With the laginas I get the feeling this has always been Rick's dream and Little brother Marty has just been dragged along for the ride. Initally to finace his big brothers dream but also to bring th business sense to turn the whole thing into a reality tv show and make a profit on the endeavor or at least mitigate the losses...

The question though can be legitimately asked if they still believe that treasure is there? (or has ever been there?). They present the Descendants claim of the original finders of the pit taking the treasure but never investigate it. Does this mean they do not believe the sisters or that they do believe them and are just spinning on the show to make some more money. It cannot be both. No one can really believe that the treasure hiders hid a motherload of treasure at 170+ foot and then put three chests at 20 foot to make anyone digging the hole think hey this must be the treasure so I will give up.

If the sisters story is to be believed (which I personally find credible and a plausible explanation for the whole legend) then digging further is pointless. We know that they know about the alleged coins and gold nugget that descendants also have and is claimed from the original finders, in that the blockhouse blog article tells us the Laginas know this story. The article tells us they made the descendants sign a non disclosure agreement about these items previously (which must mean the Laginas paid them). Why have they never mentioned them or seek to show us them. That is dishonest on their part because it would make selling their TV show much more difficult.

Some preliminary information we can share based on this conversation is that the gold cross wasn't the only item handed down in that branch of the family. There was also reportedly,*a gold nugget, a gold chain and, a gold coin,*recovered from the same treasure trove.

http://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/b...s-the-story-of-an-oak-island-familys-treasure

Even if they believe these people are all lying (or have been deceived themselves) they should of investigated the story and shared it.

I am happy they are investigating a story that has fascinated me since childhood but am disappointed that they are not trying to really answer the mystery now they are simply seeking to make money selling the show and spinning it off for a 5th season... We also know that 5 seasons were approved (sasquash posted about this a long time ago) much earlier which also suggests they never wanted to find treasure before they had milked all 5 seasons.

I love the legend but do not like being lied too...

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off could just be another story, who knows at this point who all is telling the truth and who might be stretching it. We all know how stories change over the years even when not purposely lieing about something. I find it highly unlikely that 3 boys/men dig for treasure and ironically find 3 chests. Possible but doubtful...Also in your link it claims that Uncle Edward Vaughn left the property and his family with the chest and disappeared. Yet also in the link Fred Nolan claims to have found 3 chests in the swamp close together.... Doubt that could have happened unless one of those stories is not true. Also no one has ever mentioned how big the 3 chests were that they claimed to have found but I for one was not thinking they were HUGE... In your link it claims the Vaughn family, "In or around 1925, his grandmother showed him a wooden trunk containing about 25 heavy white canvas bags of gold." Unless these were tiny bags it would have to be a big chest.. All these stories can't be true or maybe they found treasure all over OI as they ( the 3 original boys/men ) bought up the land and other land/island around there....There are tons of stories out there apparently, and they all can't be true.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread