Alternative Theory - Naval Stores - J.Steele

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not attacking you. Just trying to get you and others not to speak as everything you say as fact. That is what your doing to the people that offer other theories so the same goes for everyone don't you think.. Someone this morning posted in their review of the show that the producers planted said material yet offer no facts as to how he knows that to be true and or how much of his post did he think they planted. Yes I asked for an explanation and haven't gotten one yet. See how this goes both ways... Everyone keeps saying that the dating of the wood only tells you when it was cut down which is true but it is not like it laid around on the ground for 200-300 years before someone decided to cut it up for bracing logs or something. I posted a Google search of how long a fell tree would last to back up my thinking on that..Again I got no explanation as to how they think that worked. You can't ask for just the facts when some of you are not willing to explain your facts either...Again it goes both ways..

Also keep in mind that J Steele's book is just her theory. Some of which I'm sure is probably true but at the end of the day it is just her theory.

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm not attacking you. Just trying to get you and others not to speak as everything you say as fact. That is what your doing to the people that offer other theories so the same goes for everyone don't you think.. Someone this morning posted in their review of the show that the producers planted said material yet offer no facts as to how he knows that to be true and or how much of his post did he think they planted. Yes I asked for an explanation and haven't gotten one yet. See how this goes both ways... Everyone keeps saying that the dating of the wood only tells you when it was cut down which is true but it is not like it laid around on the ground for 200-300 years before someone decided to cut it up for bracing logs or something. I posted a Google search of how long a fell tree would last to back up my thinking on that..Again I got no explanation as to how they think that worked. You can't ask for just the facts when some of you are not willing to explain your facts either...Again it goes both ways..

Also keep in mind that J Steele's book is just her theory. Some of which I'm sure is probably true but at the end of the day it is just her theory.
Let me suggest that you take your argument up with the “Someone” whom you are referring to and stop grouping all of us here as “y’all naysayers................or not, I don’t really care one way or the other

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alan, to say there are "probably" records out there is a weak reply, at best. there are records of cabbage being grown on OI. if it were the location of something AS IMPORTANT AS A SAFE PLACE TO REPAIR A SHIP, which could save lives and valuable cargo, dont you think it would be well known?

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alan, to say there are "probably" records out there is a weak reply, at best. there are records of cabbage being grown on OI. if it were the location of something AS IMPORTANT AS A SAFE PLACE TO REPAIR A SHIP, which could save lives and valuable cargo, don't you think it would be well known?

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Alan, to say there are "probably" records out there is a weak reply, at best. there are records of cabbage being grown on OI. if it were the location of something AS IMPORTANT AS A SAFE PLACE TO REPAIR A SHIP, which could save lives and valuable cargo, dont you think it would be well known?
Not if it were a covert military operation

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alan, to say there are "probably" records out there is a weak reply, at best. there are records of cabbage being grown on OI. if it were the location of something AS IMPORTANT AS A SAFE PLACE TO REPAIR A SHIP, which could save lives and valuable cargo, don't you think it would be well known?

During human history multitudes of common things/activities going unrecorded/undocumented is not something new. Ship patch up/repair activities were as common as outhouses......and I’ve yet to see a detailed list of historical outhouse locations and usage logs.....

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we now know the secrete details of revolutions, world wars, the war of 1812, boer war, gulf war etc, etc, etc. but we must maintain a secret repair island from the 18th century? LOL

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
we now know the secrete details of revolutions, world wars, the war of 1812, boer war, gulf war etc, etc, etc. but we must maintain a secret repair island from the 18th century? LOL
I think you should read up on your history, especially that of the Nova Scotia area prior to any declared war.

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rather than discuss the question, you insult my intelligence.

that says a lot

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alan M, Funny how now that you think there is a possiblity of a covert military operation which wouldn't have ever been written about, and singlestack above saying and I quote-- During human history multitudes of common things/activities going unrecorded/undocumented is not something new. Ship patch up/repair activities were as common as outhouses......and I’ve yet to see a detailed list of historical outhouse locations and usage logs..... Now that it fits your narritive it's ok to not have written factual evidence to go along with. Weren't you 2 the ones giving franklin crap a month ago for him believing someone came to the area even though he didn't have written facts saying as such... here again it goes both ways...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alan M, Funny how now that you think there is a possiblity of a covert military operation which wouldn't have ever been written about, and singlestack above saying and I quote-- During human history multitudes of common things/activities going unrecorded/undocumented is not something new. Ship patch up/repair activities were as common as outhouses......and I’ve yet to see a detailed list of historical outhouse locations and usage logs..... Now that it fits your narritive it's ok to not have written factual evidence to go along with. Weren't you 2 the ones giving franklin crap a month ago for him believing someone came to the area even though he didn't have written facts saying as such... here again it goes both ways...

LOL.....the circle continues. No matter, the island has never contained anything related to treasure other than the treasure made by hoax promoters and scalping the believers out of their money...

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"LOL.....the circle continues. No matter, the island has never contained anything related to treasure other than the treasure made by hoax promoters and scalping the believers out of their money..."

War is expensive, and it required ships to transport currency (Gold) to the New World. And when those ships needed repair, it required pulling the ship onto land so the hull could be accessed.

So..............Where do you put the cargo (Gold) while the ship is being repaired?

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i find it amusing that...

wait. not amusing, but telling that one would consider a pine-tar processing operation to be covert.

the large continuing fires and the resulting smoke would be anything but "covert" LOL

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Weren't you 2 the ones giving franklin crap a month ago for him believing someone came to the area even though he didn't have written facts saying as such... here again it goes both ways...
Franklin claimed that Henry Sinclair's ship ST Katherine was totally wrecked in a storm in 1398 and that his band of merry geriatric Templars constructed an entire sound sailing vessel from materials available on Oak Island that was capable if sailing across the Atlantic taking all back to Scotland.
If that possibly originated from "written facts" it would have been a paraphrased rendition from Diana Jean Muir's highly suspect "The Lost Templar Journals of Prince Henry Sinclair".
Considering that Henry Sinclair was neither a Templar or a Prince, the rest can be surmised concerning the building of a ship in the wilderness from scratch.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I NEVER gave Franklin crap about anything, I disagree with him on a few key issues, of which everyone here is aware.
none of those issues has anything to do with legitimate, plausible theories.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
i find it amusing that...

wait. not amusing, but telling that one would consider a pine-tar processing operation to be covert.

the large continuing fires and the resulting smoke would be anything but "covert" LOL
Again, you assume that those few rocks actually were a pine tar kiln. It did not look like any pine tar kiln. Check the photos and drawings of such on the web.
but if you choose to simply believe what celebrities say, those with no expertise, that is your choice. lol

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, you assume that those few rocks actually were a pine tar kiln. It did not look like any pine tar kiln. Check the photos and drawings of such on the web.
but if you choose to simply believe what celebrities say, those with no expertise, that is your choice. lol

why are you suggesting that OI may have been a "covert military operation" ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread