vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eating_popcorn_tn_final.gif
I don't know about the rest of ya but I always DVR the show. I "fast forwarding through the crap" and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez out a good solid 7 minutes of new (and interesting) stuff. I don't know how anyone can actually sit through that show for 60 minutes. Anyway, thanks to my DVR - I then wait until next week for the next 7 minutes. Hey, just living the dream!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of their "other" finds in the swamp turned out to be nothing.....why do you think anything will change?
I'm an optimist?:laughing7::laughing7:???

Naw seriously, anything can happen with a couple good script writers. Just think? Who'd thunk they'd find a RR spike? :tongue3:

I always think back to the old Adventure programs. If you presented them with known facts, you got the ole "This program has been edited for entertainment value" letter. If they twisted your statement in an interview, and you *****ed you got the same response or letter......

So I guess I can expect something to happen, just depends on how soon they run out of material for new episodes.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
eating_popcorn_tn_final.gif
I don't know about the rest of ya but I always DVR the show. I "fast forwarding through the crap" and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez out a good solid 7 minutes of new (and interesting) stuff. I don't know how anyone can actually sit through that show for 60 minutes. Anyway, thanks to my DVR - I then wait until next week for the next 7 minutes. Hey, just living the dream!
DVR is the only way I can watch this show..
I’m down to 3-4 minutes per episode.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm an optimist?:laughing7::laughing7:???

Naw seriously, anything can happen with a couple good script writers. Just think? Who'd thunk they'd find a RR spike? :tongue3:

I always think back to the old Adventure programs. If you presented them with known facts, you got the ole "This program has been edited for entertainment value" letter. If they twisted your statement in an interview, and you *****ed you got the same response or letter......

So I guess I can expect something to happen, just depends on how soon they run out of material for new episodes.

Maybe we will see the metal detecting expert Gary in speedo’s swimming in the swamp looking for metal spikes or other meaningless junk.......

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all my years of watching television I don't ever remember thinking to myself "what the hell does this have to do with anything" so many times after watching this episode. It was the classic case of throwing crap at the wall and hoping it sticks. Everything from purple wood to finding a broken tea cup in a random hole to survey lines of rocks to folded keys, had me scratching my head thinking am I supposed to make sense of all this? Their whole logic is based on if point A is similar to point B and B is similar to C, C to D, then A must be equal to D. By that same logic I could prove that since the soil in my backyard resembles something I saw in Rome, then the Romans must have landscaped it at one point.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the cross isn't a cross-----

it's a reins guide lost by Lilliputian Gremlins from Ireland who delivered gifts by chariot to the residents of the Lost City of Atlantis in 29,725 B.C.---------------------- or,

was it a cross that hung from the mirror of a wood sided purple 1971 AMC Gremlin???:dontknow::laughing9:

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging for trash dumps now to fill time, they found some shards but did not show them, so they were most likely very modern

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the previews for next week you hear the voice of a lady enthusiastically saying something about the cross being from 1200 B.C. and that this is the find of the century. If it turns out to be the same lady who thought metal brackets used for bracing the search shafts were from a treasure chest, I'm fast forwarding through that part. This show has really jumped the shark now.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's really frustrating hearing Rick say that they can't decipher Fred Nolan's plans. How about hiring an experienced surveyor to sit with Nolan for a couple of hours when he was still alive and willing to help a few years ago? Also, does Rick have amnesia or something? Didn't Fred tell him that he found 3 empty treasure chests in the swamp? How about asking his son about those when he showed you the key.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are too willing to draw extreme conclusions to random pieces of data. They found and old dump.. Even if it is 500 years old what does that have to do with treasure in the pit. NO ONE is questioning there is evidence of people on Oak island for a few hundred years at least. It is just the assumption that any evidence pre the original three guys MUST be evidence of treasure hidden 150+ foot deep. This has not been backed up by anything they have claimed to have found.

I hope the cross is ancient and changes mans history of settlement in the Americas (but I will not be holding my breath).... Then they would of done something useful this season. BUT it is not evidence of a treasure buried in the money pit.....

Fred's maps were amazing. The effort that they represent from the man are what in part makes Oak Island the legend it is. So much effort to find a treasure that was not there. If something was there you would of thought he would of found it.

It was interesting that Freds son said they drained the swamp before. They told us earlier season it had never been drained. If Fred has drained and searched it than there is nothing left just sitting there on the bottom to find I would wager.

As to the guy that again claimed mercury was found in the pit. What I have read does not support this. The mercury was found elsewhere on the island https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/blockhouse-blog/mercury-flasks-on-oak-island.

It is pretty sad the way they are dragging this out. I just hope what is found this season is worthy of being dragged out so much....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than the 5 minutes of actual drilling scenes, everything else was the same made up fluff. Now they are back to trying to tie everything from templars to bacon to shakespeare to aliens to roman swords together.

The chapel vault they keep referring to was yet another made up story by someone looking to milk investors. Chapel's drill hit an underground water cave just as we've seen with current drilling operations. The "gold" chapel stated was found on the drill bit was yet another made up story to keep the hoax running.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the previews for next week you hear the voice of a lady enthusiastically saying something about the cross being from 1200 B.C. and that this is the find of the century.

What would such a shape have meant to the people in 1200 B.C.? Was it to predict the events of approximately 36 A.D.?!

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's really frustrating hearing Rick say that they can't decipher Fred Nolan's plans. How about hiring an experienced surveyor to sit with Nolan for a couple of hours when he was still alive and willing to help a few years ago? Also, does Rick have amnesia or something? Didn't Fred tell him that he found 3 empty treasure chests in the swamp? How about asking his son about those when he showed you the key.
Another surveyor would only be able to check the math and calculations on the drawings. The real story would be inside Nolan's field note book . What caught his attention to make him survey that particular line. What did he see and find interesting enough to do all his surveys and calculations ... That would be the real story and not a lot of maps , no matter how detailed they are

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than the 5 minutes of actual drilling scenes, everything else was the same made up fluff. Now they are back to trying to tie everything from templars to bacon to shakespeare to aliens to roman swords together.

The chapel vault they keep referring to was yet another made up story by someone looking to milk investors. Chapel's drill hit an underground water cave just as we've seen with current drilling operations. The "gold" chapel stated was found on the drill bit was yet another made up story to keep the hoax running.
Marty also keeps referring to the chapel vault as being 7 foot and inferring that it is 7' in all directions .. we don't know that for a fact. It may be a 2 or 3' square box in a chamber filled with other junk. (pottery, books, dead people, whatever) I think them trying to tie the ancients in to the mystery has some serious flaws. If what ever was buried there in the 1300-1400's , it would already have been 200-300 years old(waterlogged and rotted) by the time chapel drilled into it ...

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm a bit perplexed as to why they chose that specific new site to drill another hole. Even of the supposed vault got pushed to the side, how do they know it went 20 ft or so due SE instead of let's say 10 ft SW? Plus, based on their drill map, this new shaft is directly in the the middle of 4 bore holes where nothing was found. It would've made more sense to drill somewhere where no 6" bore holes were already drilled.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a bit perplexed as to why they chose that specific new site to drill another hole. Even of the supposed vault got pushed to the side, how do they know it went 20 ft or so due SE instead of let's say 10 ft SW? Plus, based on their drill map, this new shaft is directly in the the middle of 4 bore holes where nothing was found. It would've made more sense to drill somewhere where no 6" bore holes were already drilled.

It is a bit perplexing based on the bore holes alone. The show hinted that they weighted the decision to match the center of the metal detections. Does anyone know if the new site is close to the hole that killed the drill bit?

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brinks oak.jpg

Rumor has It Rick Lagina was on the island .... something about having to widen the causeway so the Brinks trucks will fit.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marty also keeps referring to the chapel vault as being 7 foot and inferring that it is 7' in all directions .. we don't know that for a fact. It may be a 2 or 3' square box in a chamber filled with other junk. (pottery, books, dead people, whatever) I think them trying to tie the ancients in to the mystery has some serious flaws. If what ever was buried there in the 1300-1400's , it would already have been 200-300 years old(waterlogged and rotted) by the time chapel drilled into it ...

No vault was ever found that would allow speculation, only yet another water cave void.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he found 3 empty chests I'd have thought he would have kept them to be able to show that he did find them. Not saying he is lying but why toss them out yet keep looking for treasure. Could it have been to try to keep others from coming to search if they think that someone already found the treasure. When he drained the swamp he probably only had very basic detectors to use back then. Today they could do a better job of doing that.. Would help if they can/could do some digging in there to skim off the top few feet of it all first. Not sure if they can get permits that allow that...
His maps surely show where the money pit was. If your surveying the land surely you located/marked the spot on your map as to the reason you'll all there to start with...

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO ONE is questioning there is evidence of people on Oak island for a few hundred years at least. It is just the assumption that any evidence pre the original three guys MUST be evidence of treasure hidden 150+ foot deep. ..
source.gif

I was born AT night, but not LAST night

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread