Season 5

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: the "survey" pointed stake retrieved from Fred Nolan's swamp section - The condition makes me curious about how long the upper end was exposed to the elements before being buried. I'm guessing not very long compared to the theoretical multi-hundred year lifetime if it's dated to 1200-1500. My experience with hardwood fence posts such as hedge, oak, cypress is that they barely last a maximum of 50 years before rotting off at ground level.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would such a shape have meant to the people in 1200 B.C.? Was it to predict the events of approximately 36 A.D.?!
Ha ha... That is funny. I think they have just PROVED time travel... What an AMAZING discovery. maybe the TARDIS is buried in the pit...

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bois d arc fence posts will last nearly forever, but I'm sure they don't have them up there. Maybe the Aztecs passed thru Texas on their way to Oak Island and had the treasure in Bois D arc boxes

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If he found 3 empty chests I'd have thought he would have kept them to be able to show that he did find them. Not saying he is lying but why toss them out...
My guess is he had them dated and found that they were recent. So tossed them.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is he had them dated and found that they were recent. So tossed them.

Either that or yet Nolan found something insignificant and stretched the truth about finding empty treasure chests to keep the hoax going (as well as public interest) in order for future monetary gain from book deals, interviews, tours of the island, etc.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Only President Trump could "Trump" Oak Island with this weeks "Ratings"

Trump.jpeg
The History Channel’s “The Curse of Oak Island” still managed to land fairly high in the ratings with a 0.8, just one-tenth less than its previous 0.9.
ShowNetTimeTotal viewers (000s)18-49 rating
STATE OF THE UNIONFOX NEWS9:10 PM11,7051.9
ST UNION/ANALYSISFOX NEWS10:31 PM10,5301.6
ST UNION/ANALYSISFOX NEWS9:00 PM9,9351.5
ST UNION/DEM RESPONSEFOX NEWS10:42 PM6,7021.0
STATE OF THE UNIONCNN9:10 PM3,1110.9
CURSE OF OAK ISLANDHISTORY9:00 PM3,2480.8

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are lots of questions and topics I'd like to see them ask and or talk about on air.
Would love to hear Dan Henskee talk about his days helping the Restalls, and any input Dan Blankinship has on them as well. Even Fred Nolan before he died.
I'm sure the brothers asked Fred about the 3 chests so why not let us in on that talk. Atleast ask his son after you mentioned it on air with him..
When the youngest Restall son was there they surely asked him all kinds of questions, would like to hear that...
Fred had alot of knowledge he could have and I hope he did pass along to the brother and or his son before he passed. Once Dan Blankinship dies they will lose all working history of it from the 50's to when they got there. Blankinships son doesn't appear to have the same knowledge of it all that his dad does, and I'm sure Fred's son doesn't either...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are lots of questions and topics I'd like to see them ask and or talk about on air.

I'd like to see the return of the "Digging Deeper" show with interviews and have it take the most popular audience questions. I think the "Digging Deeper" show is now just a rerun with some added info text boxes.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I liked it for the most part just hearing them fill in gaps from the show and reason why they sometime do things the way they do.. gave them a way to let us know about the permits and the such wothout having to spend too much time on the show with it...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1544702
The History Channel’s “The Curse of Oak Island” still managed to land fairly high in the ratings with a 0.8, just one-tenth less than its previous 0.9.
ShowNetTimeTotal viewers (000s)18-49 rating
STATE OF THE UNIONFOX NEWS9:10 PM11,7051.9
ST UNION/ANALYSISFOX NEWS10:31 PM10,5301.6
ST UNION/ANALYSISFOX NEWS9:00 PM9,9351.5
ST UNION/DEM RESPONSEFOX NEWS10:42 PM6,7021.0
STATE OF THE UNIONCNN9:10 PM3,1110.9
CURSE OF OAK ISLANDHISTORY9:00 PM3,2480.8

Not sure what your point is with these "ratings" posts as they have nothing to do with treasure ever being present on oak island. Star Trek had a huge following and high ratings over the years yet transporter technology and warp drives have never been proven to exist. Are you saying that the oak island hoax is just that? A made up story?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure what your point is with these "ratings" posts as they have nothing to do with treasure ever being present on oak island. Star Trek had a huge following and high ratings over the years yet transporter technology and warp drives have never been proven to exist. Are you saying that the oak island hoax is just that? A made up story?

Not a made up story as you constantly project!

Just that...for the Treasure of Oak Island...Transporter Technology...and Warp Drive...You May Need To Be A Little More Patient!

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a made up story as you constantly project!

Just that...for the Treasure of Oak Island...Transporter Technology...and Warp Drive...You May Need To Be A Little More Patient!

Yet again....provide one shred of evidence that proves the oak island hoax is not a hoax. This unsubstantiated rhetoric is just as ludicrous as the thread where the person stated that they had actually found templar graves and a templar vault in nova scotia, yet could never provide one iota of proof.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yet again....provide one shred of evidence that proves the oak island hoax is not a hoax. This unsubstantiated rhetoric is just as ludicrous as the thread where the person stated that they had actually found templar graves and a templar vault in nova scotia, yet could never provide one iota of proof.

I don't think it has yet been proven that it is a hoax! A hoax is by definition a 'malicious deception'.In my opinion, Robot is not being malicious as he honestly believes in his theory.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it has yet been proven that it is a hoax! A hoax is by definition a 'malicious deception'.In my opinion, Robot is not being malicious as he honestly believes in his theory.

Cheers, Loki

I don't think that anyone claims that Robot is perpetrating a hoax, but that he has fallen victim to one.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at tonight's lineup, it appears the brothers have been reading the threads here and are now going to try and connect the fake lead cross to ancient egypt or some other bogus fairy tale...

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking at tonight's lineup, it appears the brothers have been reading the threads here and are now going to try and connect the fake lead cross to ancient egypt or some other bogus fairy tale...

Looks Like They...Are Finally Getting...On The Right Track!

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Quick to label aren't we! Please explain the evidence you have that the lead object is faked.

Cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard on the radio

Just heard a morning show joking about the Oak Island mystery - It seems that none of them have read the original Oak Island "Reader's Digest" story and they seem to think the show is mostly about the curse. They're saying the things we've all been saying on this forum over and over, but it's still funny to hear someone else make the same observations. It's mixed in with some other things, but the area of interest goes from 1:13:00 to 1:16:35
https://omny.fm/shows/bob-sheri/the-gross-and-annoying-co-workers?t=72m59s

It can be summarized in their statement "I don't think any of us should feel guilty that we're not watching "The Curse of Oak Island"

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick to label aren't we! Please explain the evidence you have that the lead object is faked.

Cheers, Loki

The obvious proof is a complete lack of oxidation for a lead item that had supposedly been exposed to the elements for hundred’s (or thousand’s of years) depending on the made up story one is referencing.

The second bit of proof is the fact that they take a trip to a castle in europe one week and the next week find a lead cross that “matches” carvings on a wall in the castle that were carved by teeth and fingernails.

And finally it was found by a “metal detecting expert” who makes a Minelab CTX3030 look like a $39 kids toy store unit...

The hoax continues...........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread