Season 5

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a lot of people need to relax and just enjoy the show, the Lagina brothers I think are the first to say what they are doing is a search for answers and treasure secondary,and are in some ways just as skeptical as some of us are, they've been upfront IMO. I think there's enough found on the island to date to explore further for answers.

The laginas are not in search of answers and treasure.....they are in the business of producing a fiction based television show in order to derive money from advertisers...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe anyone has made any money from Oak Island except Samuel Ball and the three kids that found the pit.

The lagina's made money from advertising dollars generated from the fictional show.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the announcement of the lagina's new show, "curse of civil war gold", if anyone still believes that the lagina's actually believed there was something on oak island other than an opportunity to perpetuate the oak oak island hoax to generate money, I've got a deal on some swamp land with hidden treasure I'd like to sell.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have rules on language and politics, please read our rules. No politics except in our politics forum and we are a family friendly forums, substituting characters for letters to by pass our censor still violates our rules. Please post by our rules.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GAWWY found a cross--- and he is an "expert" :tongue3:

I have found many crosses--- so I must be an "expert" :dontknow:

if you find a cross ----- you can be an "expert" too :laughing9:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So the l€4.99 lead cross sold in the Dome Castle gift shop and planted on the beach was accidentally filled with gold? Were the pop tops they detected also planted?

[ not that I think the cross is really the sort of gold transport device as implied in the preview - to hang between the rhomboid gold plates would imply that the cross arms would constantly dig into the skin and be extremely uncomfortable ]

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the l€4.99 lead cross sold in the Dome Castle gift shop and planted on the beach was accidentally filled with gold? Were the pop tops they detected also planted?

[ not that I think the cross is really the sort of gold transport device as implied in the preview - to hang between the rhomboid gold plates would imply that the cross arms would constantly dig into the skin and be extremely uncomfortable ]

I do not believe anything that the lagina's find that has significance, was not a plant for the show. Nothing they found in any of the holes had any significance.

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not believe anything that the lagina's find that has significance, was not a plant for the show. Nothing they found in any of the holes had any significance.

Ive said it before ... if they had waited longer than a week to spring the little cross on us , we might have forgotten how much it looked like the carving , and not question it so much

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have rules on language and politics, please read our rules. No politics except in our politics forum and we are a family friendly forums, substituting characters for letters to by pass our censor still violates our rules. Please post by our rules.
Well said... Reminds me of the quote... “I don’t approve of political jokes; I have seen too many of them get elected.” Jon Stewart

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes exactly!!! Coconut fibers......A cross.... Hell there must be billions down there!! lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It certainly has had nothing to do with treasure being buried on the island. They have not offered a single piece of evidence for their "implied" claim that the Knights Templar buried a treasure in the pit. If there was treasure buried their the pattern drilling would of shown it. The has been zero evidence offered that the Knights Templar ever visited OI.

The whole Knights Templar thing is the bit of the show I find the second most frustrating thing (No:1 is the snails pace of the actual drilling effort)

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your dead on my friend. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Put a fork in it.......another fluff filled episode presenting the same fairy tales we’ve heard 1000’s of times. The only reason they do these types of episodes is due to contractual obligations to use up the time slots the producers agreed to fill. The final episodes will be more of the same.

The advertisement about the lagina’s new show seals the end of the oak island show and the beginning of a new scripted show about the curse of civil war gold (read yet another fictional series).

The oak island hoax has been milked for all its worth over two centuries with great con artists making money based on their made up finds and observations.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive said it before ... if they had waited longer than a week to spring the little cross on us , we might have forgotten how much it looked like the carving , and not question it so much
It is just the BS they are making out of the cross. That cove has been metal detected by every treasure searcher that has been on OI since metal detectors were invented. Dunstell dug up the whole of Smith cove and bulldozed it back. The Laginas even said they had detected that part of Smith Cove before.

What evidence is there that the piece of lead was not dropped there recently. It MUST of been or it would of been found previously. As to the idea that someone would try to smuggle such a tiny piece of gold by covering it in lead is just plain silly. The cross is tiny. How much gold could there be...

Q). Why have they not just got the cross tested? A). Because they know it is not anything significant...

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say, when the show first came out I was intrigued. I never believed there was treasure there but it was cool seeing a couple dudes trying to see if there was. We are in SEASON 5 now!! There is no way this show should have went that long... They have really turned me off to the excitement that is treasure hunting. Never seen a show dig as deep as they are for ratings. For some reason they have lasted longer then Fozeys shark jumping. Its just getting fake now. Same episode (or maybe two consecutive I cant remember) Rick sees a cross on a wall, they find a cross that looks the same.... This is worse then the WWF.

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is just the BS they are making out of the cross. That cove has been metal detected by every treasure searcher that has been on OI since metal detectors were invented. Dunstell dug up the whole of Smith cove and bulldozed it back. The Laginas even said they had detected that part of Smith Cove before.

What evidence is there that the piece of lead was not dropped there recently. It MUST of been or it would of been found previously. As to the idea that someone would try to smuggle such a tiny piece of gold by covering it in lead is just plain silly. The cross is tiny. How much gold could there be...

Q). Why have they not just got the cross tested? A). Because they know it is not anything significant...

I believe they said the possible cross was probably dug up last year by heavy machinery and then washed further shore by the big storm there over the winter.

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
Curse of Civil war Gold........ I guess that must be all she wrote of Oak Island. Nothing left to be milked of investors and the general public has figured out there is nothing on Oak Island of any significance. The Island will of course be dug up every 20 years till the end of time. Each group being assured that they just missed the treasure.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they said the possible cross was probably dug up last year by heavy machinery and then washed further shore by the big storm there over the winter.
Where they found the cross was no where near where they were digging their "French Drain" It is much more likely the lead fell off an old piece of wood/box/boat etc that was washed up in the storm... They have not even raised that possibility/probability..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread