Season 5

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Who Says...People are tired of the ...Knights Templar!

Knights-Templar-17.jpg

Not...4.41 Million Viewers!

“The Curse of Oak Island” ranks first in viewers with 4.41 million after adding just under 1.1 million viewers in three days.

Two of cable’s most reliable performers, “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” and “The Curse of Oak Island,” snagged the top spots in the Live +3 charts for the week of Feb. 5."

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
To be in the same group as The Real "Hosewifes" of Atlanta would be a curse of its own.

joshDarius

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wise man once said you will never go broke betting

View attachment 1552721

Not...4.41 Million Viewers!

“The Curse of Oak Island” ranks first in viewers with 4.41 million after adding just under 1.1 million viewers in three days.

Two of cable’s most reliable performers, “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” and “The Curse of Oak Island,” snagged the top spots in the Live +3 charts for the week of Feb. 5."

against the intelligence of the American public.Barnum and Bailey, are scam artists. They spent over 4 years on the island before deciding there was nothing there so "lets make a tv show and make our money back conning the public". So many holes, only watch a couple shows a year but my observations : The metal detector dude sure finds coins fast (since he just put them there 1 minute before). The cross they found on the beach....HAHAHAHAHA . And the broken teeth, think they broke those on purpose to delay digging until next season. Put nothing past these hucksters. Curse of Joke Island, it does have some comedic value, hope that is where the ratings are coming from. Love the posts noting how preposterous coconut fiber, buried manuscripts on an Island, etc is so important, LMAO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
To be in the same group as The Real "Hosewifes" of Atlanta would be a curse of its own.

I'm not sure if this says more about the nature of the programming, or that of the people that watch TV. Either way, I died a little bit inside when I read this.

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gaaaaawy strikes again tonight

Say what you will about Gary, He consistently finds rings and coins on areas of the beaches that have been hunted previously . He has a boatload of good equipment , and is pretty experienced. His books about reading the beaches and water is pretty dead on. You may not find the mother load using his strategies but you will find something

Im not knocking anyone on the forum here . I'd like to be in his position , finding an average of a pound of gold a year with a metal detector, being on a lot of television shows as an "expert" , not to mention we get to learn proper English .... It's an INGE !!!!

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say what you will about Gary, He consistently finds rings and coins on areas of the beaches that have been hunted previously . He has a boatload of good equipment , and is pretty experienced. His books about reading the beaches and water is pretty dead on. You may not find the mother load using his strategies but you will find something

Im not knocking anyone on the forum here . I'd like to be in his position , finding an average of a pound of gold a year with a metal detector, being on a lot of television shows as an "expert" , not to mention we get to learn proper English .... It's an INGE !!!!

The brothers lagina need to hire John-Edmonton from Treasurenet to do their metal detecting. He would find more in an hour than gary drayton has found in the last two years....

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight's episode was a nothing burger - they coyly refuse to analyze the cross at all but just speculate about it. Next week's preview has talk of the diver who was spotted at the end of the season, along with some treasure unearthed.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Just finished watching tonight's episode. They can't drill down any further as they hit an "obstruction". They empty the water out, ( most of it ), and see nothing but mud and big rocks. It quickly fills up with water. They send down their "I" beam probe and it proves the obstruction is solid and covering the bottom. Ok, now they want to send down a diver ? What is he going to find that they did not already see themselves ? Plus the diver will now be in dark, murky water. They think the bottom has a steel plate covering it ?. I just don't get it as to what that diver is or can do that they did not already see. 875_6b3c0grfegq.gif

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They went from guaranteed templar treasure to captain james anderson’s buried treasure....pretty soon they’ll tie hitler’s lost gold to the island....

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
And next week's previews look like clips from earlier episodes. ? ? ?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just finished watching tonight's episode. They can't drill down any further as they hit an "obstruction". They empty the water out, ( most of it ), and see nothing but mud and big rocks. It quickly fills up with water. They send down their "I" beam probe and it proves the obstruction is solid and covering the bottom. Ok, now they want to send down a diver ? What is he going to find that they did not already see themselves ? Plus the diver will now be in dark, murky water. They think the bottom has a steel plate covering it ?. I just don't get it as to what that diver is or can do that they did not already see. View attachment 1553377

Remember that they continually have to make up angular story lines with empty results in an attempt to fill their # of episodes contractual agreement....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mysterious object blocking hole = bedrock or steel object from one of the many previous digs. Mystery solved....

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
The teeth got ground off from drilling the hole, then they dropped their "Hammer chisel" with no luck. Dropping the diver in is just absurd. If it is a "steel" plate it must be huge in size and thickness ? If it was small, the hammer chisel "should" have been able to jar is loose and shift it " I can't think of there being a "steel" plate there that must have to be incredibly thick. If it is thick then it probably was awkward to handle in the first place and was put into position from underground. Why aren't they trying to focus any attention on the back door or some other underground entrance ?

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's misleading for Rick Lagina to state that steel was not used in previous searches. Sure, the search shafts were mostly made of wood, but steel equipment was used as part of the dig, including the metal brackets they found previously. Also, the dig site appears to be on the outskirts of supposed "money pit area". It's possible that Dunfield placed metal sheeting around his 100 ft diameter x 140 ft deep dig site to account for the soil pressures from the surrounding areas.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a valid point. I was questioning how could that plate be lying flat and not resting at an angle or why it was not dislodged from the action of the chisel or probe. But given the size the hole was from previous attempts, the walls would have collapsed or been pushed in and that would also explain why the "obstruction" did not move. Anyway, I still think that after all this, sending a diver down is just a waste and as others have said, just to fill time. And that cross, when they found a horseshoe or fiber or whatever, the next week they were on their way to the lab for an analysis. Now that they "may" have something, it seems strange they are not trying to get any scientific tests at all done on it. Nada, zero. The fact they are not in a hurry to have it tested tells me that they are stalling, and why would you stall ?

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do they dig up all these looney experts..... That red headed lady just offers unsupported speculations... They must know their piece of lead is nothing or they would of had it tested at the local university . The same place they had the spike they found earlier tested... Why do they continue to treat the audience as a bunch of morons. The lady expert they had did not have a single picture of a similar cross even though she claimed to have seen similar ones. If she had I am sure we would of been shown the photos. They happy to fly in any looney with a Knights Templar theory but not happy to drive to Halifax university...

How can they claim no one else has used steel. This picture is from 1850

1850.jpg

source: http://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/u..._island_mystery_toronto_les_m_may_22_2013.pdf

See the boiler. The claw... What has everyone else used if not steel. No one took their stuff away when they gave up it was just pushed back in to the holes. Dunfeild dug up the whole area and bulldozed it all back when he gave up. How much steel has been pushed back into the pit area. Not to mention all the drill holes and metal casings etc that everyone has put down there over the last 200 years.

This photo is 1897

1897.jpg

Steel everywhere...

As for Smiths cove.. Here is what Dunfeild did there

smithscove.jpg

He dug up the hole area and bulldozed it all back later...

They treat it like it is untouched since the Knights Templar come to visit and bury their treasure hoard..

So if the only treasure they find this series is that red piece of old jewelry I will be so disappointed....

I cannot believe they are going to make another series. So far we have had 15 episodes and they have done nothing and found nothing... The conclusion is pretty simple there is nothing there to find...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread