Season 5

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me he's trying to get people to buy his books and videos.

I never fault anyone for presenting their research. That is the scientific method - peer reviews. It is the errors, unsupportable bias ("backing into" results and dismissing counter productive data or results), wild assumptions and lack of evidence which I put down.

There is a simple solution to proving the naysayers wrong. Physical evidence is one really good method. I am sure Petter is worth every ounce of treasure and every word of praise in all the lost manuscripts that his efforts have produced to date.

Which would be none at all.

Well you do not have to purchase Petter's books or anything else, it is all free on the Internet. There are three youtubes, all free, there are four each one hour documentaries that are free, and Amazon has a one and one half hour show and it is free. Check it out. If you watch them all it takes about ten hours. I have watched each of them three times and I can find nothing wrong with his research or his findings. I have also purchased two of his books. One that he partnered with and another one he wrote himself. I have also downloaded several books that lead Petter to some of his findings. I think it is nothing short of genius what he has done.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the previews, 'all kinds of doors might open' tomorrow!

I hope so. 15 episodes of nothing.... it is about time they showed us something of their rummored find....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well you do not have to purchase Petter's books or anything else, it is all free on the Internet. There are three youtubes, all free, there are four each one hour documentaries that are free, and Amazon has a one and one half hour show and it is free. Check it out. If you watch them all it takes about ten hours. I have watched each of them three times and I can find nothing wrong with his research or his findings. I have also purchased two of his books. One that he partnered with and another one he wrote himself. I have also downloaded several books that lead Petter to some of his findings. I think it is nothing short of genius what he has done.

Did you keep what you found or auction it off? Or did he already clean out the . . . whatever it was that was hidden?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
American Cryptogram Association
Looking at their site where it is stated its members are "hobbyists", it appears it doesn't take too much for them to be amazed.

Pretty arduous process to be come a member. Pay $18.

Not like you have to break the Enigma Code or define polyalphabetic ciphers or anything.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't forget, they were all amazed when Eldo brought Petter Amundsen to a Burlington meeting when he baffled them with tales of Bacon hiding codes in Shakespeare's works that led to the Templar treasure at Oak Island- still undiscovered.
I bet they would be dazzled with my vintage Captain Midnight decoder ring from OVALTINE. :thumbsup:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1/2 way into tonight’s episode.......just a replay of the last half of last week.........just more fluff filling.......

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
And tonight they have the results of a piece of wood they had tested just THREE DAYS ago. Yet the "lead" cross sits on the sideline.
I need to think on that.jpg

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet the "lead" cross sits on the sideline.

I noticed that too. I hope they actually test the cross and not just bury any analysis like they did with the corner brace.

In next week's finale preview, the diver encounters the antigravity field of the alien spaceship buried at the bottom of the caisson, which pushes him back up as he approaches it. So he has to come up to get some additional weights to overcome the force field.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“what’s that?... a planted jewel....I mean mysterious jewel! Could it be a bacon/shakespeare/ Aztec/templar/aztec/alien decoder stone?......we need to make another field trip......is it possible the stone’s facets were cut with templar teeth?”...

Now off to yet another fantasy tale about Marie Antoinette’s Crown Jewels......did the templars steal her jewelry........meh.....

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's this? A glass jewel? On an island that has had tourists for 50 years and has been turned over more times than Paris Hilton?

It's the Templar Children's Crusade Tourist Tat.

an-antique-cap-pistol-and-leather-holster-circa-1900-E9820T.jpg

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
post #817 Feb 22, 2018 by gr88bd
ruby red.jpg guns.jpg

The center jewel appears a little different, but that outside retainer looks close. And gr88bd mentioned it coming from Ricky Restall. A few seasons back Ricky Restall was united with his "toy" pistol he had lost on the island.

Next question is: how long do they sit on this "gem" before that gets tested as a gemstone ? And that is a relatively simple test that even they can do and it is called a "scratch test".

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight's episode was interesting. It is a pity it has taken them 16 episodes to decide to dig up the U shaped structure. It is a real shame they have just put it off to justify another season. I would love if they could answer whatr exactly was its purpose and who put it there... Still I'd place a pretty hefty wager is was not treasure hiders building a flood tunnel system... I am disspointed they did not do that this season rather then all the wasted boring stuff they have shown us.

That pic of Dunfeilds hole should show them how steel got that deep. I really do not know what they think the diver will tell them..

I cannot believe they find an old piece of jewelry and suddenly the Mary Antonnete story is dug up... Even if it is a valuable ruby it still could of been dropped by anyone. It was not set in Gold or other precious metals... Hardly much in the way of treasure.. If that is their big seasons find then I am very disappointed...

They get everything else tested but their piece of lead has been left in Gary's pocket.... It is pretty terrible they have spent weeks of episodes playing it up.. and now they do not even mention it. They get the timber of to the UNI straight away...

The preview of next week did not look that promising. I am glad it is the last one.. I am pretty sick of this whole season. They just have done nothing....

joshDarius

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course they are getting closer, seaso 25 is what I predicted they will find all the incredible treasure and the Vaginas souls.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Throughout the Curse of Oak Island series, Alex Lagina, ( Rick's son ), has been very quiet. These past few few weeks I have noticed him speaking up quite a lot. Tonight it dawned on me that maybe they have been grooming Alex to take over for his dad on Oak Island ?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question about last nights show.WHY would a 3 karat ruby be placed into a setting of 'junk' metal ? A gem of that size deserves a setting of gold/silver .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions