cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I turned to a "special" 2 hour oak island. At least that is what the cable guide listed. It ran from 9 to 11 (or 8 to 10) I tuned in one hour late so missed the intro. It had nothing to do with oak but some civil war gold. I started watching thinking that the cable company listed wrong again. But things started sounding familiar.

Name started with CURSE OF
Narrators voice sounded like oak Is. narrator
the splash at bottom that shows person's name and title looked like oak Is.
Then the metal detector guy with funny accent form oak Is. started hunting
Then they called Marty Ligina

If they are going to start a spin-off at least change the format and the looks.
They are immediately going to get negative reviews, at least here.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes...The new sister show of hoax island is going to be curse of the hoax confederate gold.......same narrator, same actors, same lies.....

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
WOO WOO WOO a wagon bolt!!!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea, It looks to be about as boring as OI has become. Not interested in anything Marty does. He is a big goof ball on OI. Took him 5 seasons to finally believe that something was buried 150+ feet under ground by Templars or Bacon.
Give him a lollypop and he will buy the gold is in the Lake. :tongue3: :laughing7:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please - not another show with the same narrator!
tn_old_man_spinning_small_head.gif

:laughing7:Please - tell me it aint so!:laughing7:

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool...when they come out with the Season DVD's i will have something to give everyone i hate!

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
B511.jpg WOO WOO WOO a draft horse shoe - must have been pulling one of those wagons of gold!

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get why you guys hate these shows so much. All you gotta do it not watch them :dontknow:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get why you guys hate these shows so much. All you gotta do it not watch them :dontknow:
I think the point is not that people hate treasure searching shows... I personally love the good ones... It is when you get excited by the TV hype that they are serious shows of searching for treasure and then watch a scripted fictional piece that was never really serious about finding treasure.. Or when they plant stuff and expect people to believe they found it...

I love treasure finding shows.. I dislike being lied too...

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
yup, here they go again. same droll announcer. not me. i was fooled last night but unless someone here tells me to watch the new show because they actually found some gold, forget it. i have no idea about oak island except they found nada. i wish i had never heard of that show. i could go on about wasting my time, but, i shall not. perhaps, could it be, what is this. rrrrrrrr.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
can we take out a contract on the narrator?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A knife? Sticking out of my chest?

And if so could it have been part of an alien, Templar . . . "gasp, choke, rattle".

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A knife? Sticking out of my chest?

And if so could it have been part of an alien, Templar . . . "gasp, choke, rattle".

could it be that it was this knife found in the woods of Pa? And were they actually looking for a 'shake, rattle, and roll' to open the doors to a portal where all that gold must be hidden?
244.jpg

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are just missing the obvious connection between Oak Island and this new Confederate gold show. You see, it was discovered at Oak Island that all of the confederates were secret Templars. I made the connection right off. :icon_thumleft:

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well listing the show as a 2 hour show was great slight of hand. At 10:00pm or after one hour, Marty drives off Oak Island and makes a call to his Confederate Gold contact. Then they started the great hunt for another treasure that most likely does not exist. At least they are being consistent. I watched 5 minutes to get a good laugh - that was enough for me. 5 seasons of nothing, and even Dan Blankenship said what they had found on that table proved nothing. That really cracked me up!

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well listing the show as a 2 hour show was great slight of hand. At 10:00pm or after one hour, Marty drives off Oak Island and makes a call to his Confederate Gold contact.

To add insult to injury, the promo video for the "Curse of Oak Island" Facebook this week is pure Confederate Gold - they didn't even bother with the more interesting episode of "Digging Deeper" with Matty.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
slight of hand is hitting it right on, Look at the show were they find the confederate silver coin. The treasure hunter jumps ahead of Gary and wants to check out this hole. Please note he is holding the pin point detector in his RIGHT HAND and digs with his LEFT HAND and pulls out the coin with his RIGHT HAND and the pin pointer is in his LEFT HAND . It happen so fast it looked like they stopped filming and did a switch. How could he reach for the coin with his left hand and it comes out with his right hand. Something does not add up.:BangHead:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing that gets me laughing with most of these hidden treasure theories is that most of them include enough "signs" that it couldn't have possibly ever remained a secret. I mean, who's going to "create a cover story" or "leave a bunch of markers everywhere" in order to protect a secret that is already a well protected secret? :laughing7: Sort of counter productive....:laughing7:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
slight of hand is hitting it right on, Look at the show were they find the confederate silver coin. The treasure hunter jumps ahead of Gary and wants to check out this hole. Please note he is holding the pin point detector in his RIGHT HAND and digs with his LEFT HAND and pulls out the coin with his RIGHT HAND and the pin pointer is in his LEFT HAND . It happen so fast it looked like they stopped filming and did a switch. How could he reach for the coin with his left hand and it comes out with his right hand. Something does not add up.:BangHead:

Are you implying that these shows may be scripted and/or staged?

Welcome back, by the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread