Land Ownership

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To prove if there is or ever was a treasure buried on Oak Island, we must first find out who or whom had title to the land when a treasure was buried. If you or your friends buried a treasure that was worth $4 Million Pounds, I think the land should be in one of our names. Has anyone checked in Scotland, England or France to see who claimed Oak Island. Of course in the early to mid-1600's the Island would have had the name Gloucester. Has any records ever been found?

Was the first three original landowners the first to hold title to the land? If so, then the treasure would have only been a pirate's treasure and buried no more than ten feet deep. The McGinnis Family and the other two families split the treasure, if there was ever any treasure at all.

The Holy Church Artifacts, I tend to believe they were brought over to this country by Nathaniel Bacon, who deposited them near Jamestown and later during the Bacon Rebellion removed them to Williamsburg, Va. Later, falling in to the hands of President Thomas Jefferson by Will of George Wythe. I now believe these treasures are in Washington, D.C. and we will never see them, unless the copy of the Ark of the Covenant of George Washington's is the real one and only Ark of the Covenant. The exact location of these Holy Relics should be known to everyone.

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To prove if there is or ever was a treasure buried on Oak Island, we must first find out who or whom had title to the land when a treasure was buried..
No... To PROVE there is a treasure buried on Oak Island one must find the treasure... That is all...

As for proving if there ever was a treasure buried on Oak Island (and is now gone) I do not believe that is possible....

Who owns or did own the land has ZERO relevance to either question.....

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you say so. I know I would not bury a treasure on someone else's land. Just common sense.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you say so. I know I would not bury a treasure on someone else's land. Just common sense.
Most/much buried treasure has/is on someone else's land. The relevant governments, Kings etc owned the land that was not settled. If someone buried treasure they did it with the intention of coming back and getting it (one would assume). Therefore all they wanted was a location that would not be found. I do not imagine that a pirate purchased an island before he buried treasure there...

I do not think the Knights Templar would of sought out the owner of Oak Island and purchased the land before they went and hid their treasure on it...

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many treasure tales, including the Beale treasure vault story, are buried on "someone else's land". :thumbsup:

How would you know? You said the whole story was a dime novel, then the treasure would be buried no where?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
How would you know? You said the whole story was a dime novel, then the treasure would be buried no where?
Did you notice the word "tales"?
I was referencing the location mentioned in the narrative text of Ward's 1885 BEALE PAPERS dime novel pamphlet. :thumbsup:
...and in the HART PAPERS (Beale story part 2), the brothers Hart searched for the Beale treasure vault on the property of others. :icon_thumright:
...and where did Pauline Innis and her husband search in the Blue Ridge?
...or Claudine Fulton Ellis and her maps on butter paper?
All on the property of others. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI....for those who don't know, the beales papers are a work of fiction......

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burying things of value on one's own land sorta makes sense. You have care/control of access to the land. However, if you're burying something of value and others may come looking for it, then it would seem to make more sense burying it somewhere else as they will surely search your own property first.

I remember watching an episode of Moonshiners and one of the moonshiners hid his illegal liquor on someone else's property.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pirate #1 - "Aaarrggg. avast ye maties......let's bury this treasure". Pirate #2 - "Whose land is this?" Pirate #1 -"Get to to digging before I remove yer family jewels with my rusty cutlass, aaarrrggg".

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still say the "RC" hid their treasures on Oak Island. Whether they are still there is yet to be seen. Someone help me get $Billions$ in Confederate Gold and I will remove the Island to find out.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There were clues on the original green RC Cola bottles that revealed the location of the Oak Island treasure. :wink:

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can stuff your wise cracks.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The wise can find cracks in the produced theories concerning treasure legends that lack outside collaborative evidence.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Burying things of value on one's own land sorta makes sense. You have care/control of access to the land. However, if you're burying something of value and others may come looking for it, then it would seem to make more sense burying it somewhere else as they will surely search your own property first.

I remember watching an episode of Moonshiners and one of the moonshiners hid his illegal liquor on someone else's property.

Yes, Burying the Oak Island Treasure on Oak Island made perfect sense to the Freemasons...They owned all the island in 1762!

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were clues on the original green RC Cola bottles that revealed the location of the Oak Island treasure. :wink:

RC cola and a peanut rounder, come to the think of it, the peanut rounders were just about the same shape as oak island, could that be a coincidence? I don't think so.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To prove if there is or ever was a treasure buried on Oak Island, we must first find out who or whom had title to the land when a treasure was buried.

... so to prove that a treasure was buried, we would have to know when this treasure (which we haven't proven to exist) was buried? Your solution to proving the existence of a treasure is dependent on there being a treasure?

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Burying the Oak Island Treasure on Oak Island made perfect sense to the Freemasons...They owned all the island in 1762!

Cool story, bro. You, of coarse, have a copy of the deed to back up your statement...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions