The TRUE story behind the Oak Island legend... (Finally revelaed)

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty clever fairytale that you made up here...

outrage1.jpeg

FAIRYTALE....FAIRYTALE........... HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!! MY STORY IS 100%true.....

p05c47jy.jpg

Welcome to the forum Pubmech. Your 'theory' has as much evidence to support it as any of the other treasure stories....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty clever fairytale that you made up here...
The only problem is that the so-called "Money Pit" is really nothing but a man-made reservoir to hold the water from the Swamp when the Swamps plug is pulled.. And then to refill the Swamp AFTER those who created this ingenious system were done either depositing, or withdrawing the Treasures under the Swamp when they were done doing what they needed to do. This is precisely why the creators of this unique "Bank Vault" didn't even bother trying to hide to "Swamp Water Holding Tank Hole".

Anything is still possible. With your theory I assume the logs every 10' if true were in place to keep the back filled dirt from completely filling in the hole below the flood entry point "X" amount of feet down? and your theory does do away with the flood tunnels from the ocean if they are true or were really used for salt collecting as some think..

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That theory at least "holds water".

Though with an ocean a few yards away I'm not sure why they would build a reservoir so they could refill the swamp. And the swamp would hold about 500 Money Pit Fulls of water. 200 ft deep x 6 ft dia. would be about six tanker trucks full.

Last edited:

Pubmech

Nov 16, 2019
Miami
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Flood Tunnels" could have been used to let most of the Swamps' water in and out using the Tides.. The rest I believe that the MP could have handled.
Also, after reading other theory's about the Swamp as being an old British Navy Ship Yard and/or Ship Repair Yard, I think it makes more sense to me now that the swamp was used as a Dry-Dock in which they would have needed to sail a Ship in to the Swamp area, drain the water, repair/build the ship(s), quickly refill the Swamp and sail it out to the ocean - repeat... Basically just how they do it today, accept they were using gravity and tides to move the water in and out instead of modern pumps. It's not as glamorous as treasurer of course, but it seems to make a lot more sense after reading the some of the theories on OI being nothing more than a Ship Yard of some sort.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
franklin so far (just from what I remember) you have claimed as FACT.

Shakespeare's manuscripts are buried on oak island and were written by Francis bacon (as Shakespeare was illiterate)
That you know where the Arc of The Covenant is.
The Arc of the Covenant is in USA
The bible contains a secret code telling locations of treasure
The Declaration of Independence contains a secret code telling locations of treasure
You know the location of secret treasure hoards from the American Civil war.
That Noahs Arc can be seen sticking out the side of Mount Ararat from Google Earth.
That all recorded history is false

No evidence has been offered for any of these claims
And these are just the outrageous claims I can remember..
And you really wonder why no one else believes you or can take you seriously...
Nor any "FACTS" that back up these statements.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Would you mind posting some of those historical records and documents that place these people at another location other than where the authors said they were? ...
THE DIPLOMA OF THOMAS, BISHOP OF ORKNEY AND ZETLAND states on Page 81, that Earl Henry Sinclair of Orkney was fighting at the Scottish/English Borders.
The SINCLAIR DIPLOMA genealogy written in Middle English by Earl Henry Sinclair's grandson, covers the same information, including his deathin1400/1401-
"He retirit to parts of Orchadie and josit them to the latter tyme of his life, and deit Erile of Orchadie , and for the defense of the country was slain there cruelle by his enemiis".
Those two DIPLOMAs clearly state that Earl Henry Sinclair was in Scotland and the Orkneys from 1398 to his death in 1400/1401, and not as Muir's fictional journals state burying Templar treasure on Oak Island.
As Muir admits, "Personal websites, DNA sites and blogs have been utilized to verify some of the information and while the information varies, what is included is backed up with sources, WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE CORRECT" April 2018
Diana Jean Muir that "some" of the information has been verified, which cavalierly may or may not be correct.

Other references that disprove the content of Muir's "THE LOST TEMPLAR JOURNALS OF PRINCE HENRY SINCLAIR":
THE NEW HISTORY OF ORKNEY- William Thompson, Orkney Historian
THE NEW ORKNEY ANTIQUARIAN JOURNAL-Brian Smith, Shetland Historian and Archivist
Earl Henry Sinclair's fictitious trip to America, by Brian Smith

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nor any "FACTS" that back up these statements.

In the case of the Shakespeare allegation it's something that Rawley does not contribute with the posthumous cryptic publication of Sylva Sylvarum. In fact he seems to say something different altogether, that the Rosy Cross has only published the First folio and that OI is somehow related to the death of Anthony Bacon who may be referred to in that work as the Great Tau (either Francis or Anthony is being referred to as this). There's no clear evidence that Rawley isn't just playing clever games with readers though and isn't himself crafting a Bacon/Shakespeare mystery after Bacon's death. One of the intriguing aspects of the title page to Sylva Sylavrum is the cartouche at the bottom which contains a cross made with words "Willian" and "Lance" in and in close proximity to the jumbled word "Shake". It's not obviously clear what Rawley was up to with this publication, but there seems to have been an effort to tease with the Bacons and Shakespeare. It's more about Anthony than Francis, though.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the case of the Shakespeare allegation it's something that Rawley does not contribute with the posthumous cryptic publication of Sylva Sylvarum. In fact he seems to say something different altogether, that the Rosy Cross has only published the First folio and that OI is somehow related to the death of Anthony Bacon who may be referred to in that work as the Great Tau (either Francis or Anthony is being referred to as this). There's no clear evidence that Rawley isn't just playing clever games with readers though and isn't himself crafting a Bacon/Shakespeare mystery after Bacon's death. One of the intriguing aspects of the title page to Sylva Sylavrum is the cartouche at the bottom which contains a cross made with words "Willian" and "Lance" in and in close proximity to the jumbled word "Shake". It's not obviously clear what Rawley was up to with this publication, but there seems to have been an effort to tease with the Bacons and Shakespeare. It's more about Anthony than Francis, though.

Rosy Cross is a veiled or hidden meaning for "Christ Jesus ." ROSY = R + O + S + Y = 18 + 15 + 19 + 25 = 77 CROSS C + R + O + S + S = 3 + 18 + 15 + 19 + 19 = 74 Now. CHRIST = C + H + R + I + S + T = 3 + 8 + 18 + 9 + 19 + 20 = 77 JESUS = J + E + S + U + S = 10 + 5 + 19 + 21 + 19 = 74. You can see ROSY = 77 and CHRIST = 77 also CROSS = 74 and JESUS = 74. So they can be exchanged to mean ROSY CROSS is the same as CHRIST JESUS. They did veiled messages that way so they would not be killed by the King or the Pope and their people.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting. But then again "UNBALANCED" add up to 77 as well, and "BURRO" adds up to 74.

Last edited:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So here's food for thought!

With the ocean tides eroding the coastlines. Land masses change, continents move, ground builds up layers of dirt over the years, etc. (How many metal detectorists have to dig down in inches for things they find that fell on top of the ground during the civil war, etc. around that time frame?)

Also, coastline eroding from natural occurrences. What was the coastline of any continent or even island shapes 300+ years ago? They certainly can't be the exact same, especially for an Island! Certainly hurricanes, storms, etc. eroded and changed the coastline and especially the sizes of islands unless it is nothing but made out of ALL SOLID ROCK!

Now some inland continent land mass may not change much except for mountains being formed, sink holes, earthquakes, or areas becoming valleys due to underground changes in the earth. We all read treasures of chests supposedly being buried on land, (which now that area became a swamp), by the pirates and with the weight of gold, etc. the chests certainly sunk in the muck and how deep are they now?

Now with all these water channels to flood the treasure buried on Oak Island something doesn't seem right from the get go. An Island surrounded by the ocean, certainly digging down say 200+ feet down there is going to be presence of water coming in anywhere due to the nature of the island, (unless it is a big solid rock island with no cracks). Thinking back lets say 1500-1700 what technology and manpower would they have to seal off an area and dig multiple flood tunnels after burying the so called treasure? They didn't have bulldozers and excavators back then. They did it all by hand and that would take a lot of manpower and would have to be multiple 100's of men to make the feat happen! I know this is opposite, but how many men built one pyramid and how long did it take to build it? Talking about people involved would have to keep secrecy, having 100's+ men digging the tunnels and burying the treasure too many people would know and talk about what they knew.

Clearly with the technology we today even with satellites, (NASA is a private agency BTW), they have the technology to clearly see 5 miles below the earths surface for anomalies whether it be precious metals, or even untapped oil reserves. I can't go into the exact detail because of my position in the Army but all I can say is they have the technology. But NASA also provides information for the private sector if one asks/pays for it. If they really want to find out what is below the Island and exactly where NASA can do it for them.

How many people here know people who use ground penetration radar? Well NASA's capability is 100 times more powerful but on a bigger scale!

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you for the most part, but lets play devils advocate here. The first group to dig would have a much easier time of digging with out the chance of hitting water. It's years later with all the searcher tunnels that it is now impossible to just dig down there and not hit water... Plus they would not have to be digging tunnels they'd just dig down and deposit whatever they wanted. Could have an off-chute tunnel much higher up to actually place the treasure/goods as some people think as to be able to retrieve it very easily without the threat of hitting water.. Think about it, any crew that came over from a far away land for the most part would be below deck for most of the trip. Even the crew that is manning the top deck would have no idea where they are going or how to navigate back even if they wanted to. Any guys that helped on that trip could go back and talk all they wanted assuming they made it back to their homeland to begin with.. Only a select few people on the trip would know what they were doing it for and where they were at..

Last edited:

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rosy Cross is a veiled or hidden meaning for "Christ Jesus ." ROSY = R + O + S + Y = 18 + 15 + 19 + 25 = 77 CROSS C + R + O + S + S = 3 + 18 + 15 + 19 + 19 = 74 Now. CHRIST = C + H + R + I + S + T = 3 + 8 + 18 + 9 + 19 + 20 = 77 JESUS = J + E + S + U + S = 10 + 5 + 19 + 21 + 19 = 74. You can see ROSY = 77 and CHRIST = 77 also CROSS = 74 and JESUS = 74. So they can be exchanged to mean ROSY CROSS is the same as CHRIST JESUS. They did veiled messages that way so they would not be killed by the King or the Pope and their people.

Bacon did not use a method of letter to number value ciphering that had 26 letters like you do there. He did however play around quite a bit with the 24 letter to number ciphering that is used in Tudor times. It doesn't work to support your suggestion unless you change the scheme to incorporate the modern alphabet, as you do, for your liking. What you propose is disingenuous.

These sort of letter to value of word suggestions are the flimsiest of proofs to further unrelated suggestions. They do exist, though. Francis Bacon was said to be enamored his name totaled 100 when he was young.

Being killed by the King is a wild suggestion since he was an ally of James I. Bacon may have wanted to hide his identity from Elizabeth I in order to criticize her policies regarding the persecution of the Puritans, but that is another story. Bacon's religious views are interesting. He seemed to lean towards the idea that all religions are wrong headed and that the truth in all religion existed long ago and that it had been deteriorating consistently ever since it was revealed to man. Bacon wrote much about the "wisdom of the ancients". I think he had a very conflicted opinion about the religious strife that had occurred in England and it greatly influenced him in his tales of Utopian islands in the New world where a foundation for a "New Temple of Solomon' could be symbolically laid. Bacon is hugely misunderstood, imho. You seem to think bizarre things about him and his involvement with RC. Rawley uses "knights of the helmet" also as a name for a concealed literary group linked to Bacon. I believe it is only referring to a group of intellectuals who are trying to advance a more peaceful way ahead through reason and thinking by influencing culture. One of their lines of influence may have been to publish the first folio. That, again, seems to be suggested by Rawley very early on.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bacon did not use a method of letter to number value ciphering that had 26 letters like you do there. He did however play around quite a bit with the 24 letter to number ciphering that is used in Tudor times. It doesn't work to support your suggestion unless you change the scheme to incorporate the modern alphabet, as you do, for your liking. What you propose is disingenuous.

These sort of letter to value of word suggestions are the flimsiest of proofs to further unrelated suggestions. They do exist, though. Francis Bacon was said to be enamored his name totaled 100 when he was young.

Being killed by the King is a wild suggestion since he was an ally of James I. Bacon may have wanted to hide his identity from Elizabeth I in order to criticize her policies regarding the persecution of the Puritans, but that is another story. Bacon's religious views are interesting. He seemed to lean towards the idea that all religions are wrong headed and that the truth in all religion existed long ago and that it had been deteriorating consistently ever since it was revealed to man. Bacon wrote much about the "wisdom of the ancients". I think he had a very conflicted opinion about the religious strife that had occurred in England and it greatly influenced him in his tales of Utopian islands in the New world where a foundation for a "New Temple of Solomon' could be symbolically laid. Bacon is hugely misunderstood, imho. You seem to think bizarre things about him and his involvement with RC. Rawley uses "knights of the helmet" also as a name for a concealed literary group linked to Bacon. I believe it is only referring to a group of intellectuals who are trying to advance a more peaceful way ahead through reason and thinking by influencing culture. One of their lines of influence may have been to publish the first folio. That, again, seems to be suggested by Rawley very early on.

Yes when Bacon first incorporated his name in cipher he used the 24 letter system where I, J were the same and U, V were the same. But later when he had over-sight of the King James Version of "The Holy Bible" Bacon was using the 26 letter cipher code. Bacon had it encoded into the 1611 Original King James Bible, which was the only Holy Bible called "The Holy Bible."

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It wasn't until about the year 1500 that I and J were recognized as separate letters. In England they were interchangeable well into the 1700's

Francis Bacon died before the first Bible (1629 King James Version) using the spelling "Jesus" was published. The prior 1611 KJV spelled it "Iesus" throughout.

Jesus would likely have introduced Himself as "Y'shua" in Hebrew or "Isho" in Aramaic (don't know how He spelled it).

Kabbalists and numerologists have been backing into what they claim to be significant codes in sacred texts for prediction for centuries. But so far it has always followed the events, with enough spin, rather than be usefully predictive. Keeps them off the streets, I guess.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wasn't until about the year 1500 that I and J were recognized as separate letters. In England they were interchangeable well into the 1700's

Francis Bacon died before the first Bible (1629 King James Version) using the spelling "Jesus" was published. The prior 1611 KJV spelled it "Iesus" throughout.

Jesus would likely have introduced Himself as "Y'shua" in Hebrew or "Isho" in Aramaic (don't know how He spelled it).

Kabbalists and numerologists have been backing into what they claim to be significant codes in sacred texts for prediction for centuries. But so far it has always followed the events, with enough spin, rather than be usefully predictive. Keeps them off the streets, I guess.

Screenshot_2020-05-26 Meet The Man Responsible For The Letter J - Everything After Z by Dictiona.png Looks like it was in use in 1524.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like I said - about the year 1500. But that was in Italy.

English, being bull-headed, stuck it out one to two centuries further.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not all English were Bull Headed. Sir Francis Bacon had traveled to all these countries even Italy for his education. So he knew about the letter "J".

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes when Bacon first incorporated his name in cipher he used the 24 letter system where I, J were the same and U, V were the same.
But later when he had over-sight of the King James Version of "The Holy Bible" Bacon was using the 26 letter cipher code.
Bacon had it encoded into the 1611 Original King James Bible, which was the only Holy Bible called "The Holy Bible."
Francis Bacon had NOTHING to do with the King James Bible- that was nonsense perpetrated by Manly D Hall and Alistair Crowley.
King James commissioned this Bible version in 1604 at the Hampton Court Conference.
Six translations committees were created, two each from Westminster, Cambridge and Oxford, that were composed of 47 religious cleric and scholars in total, all six working independently from the others.
The project was completed and published in 1611.
Francis Bacon had NO "oversight" of any aspect of the King James Version, from the translation stage to the printing and publishing to be able to encode ciphers into the 1611 KJV Bible.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you say so ECS but that does not make it so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread