A strong start - season 6

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Now You're Making Me Hungry....Maybe Chow Mein?

The coconut fiber also strongly reaembles pine bark/cedar bark shredds.

Chow Mein.jpg

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This Week...The Curse Of Oak Island...Just Gave WWE...A Smack Down!

Top 25 original cable shows among adults 18-49 for Tuesday, January 22, 2019
ShowNetTimeTotal viewers (000s)18-49 rating
CURSE OF OAK ISLANDHISTORY9:00 PM3,6310.8
WWE SMACKDOWNUSA8:00 PM2,1420.7

the-curse-of-oak-island-season-6-artwork 3.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More popular than WWE Smackdown? The viewing world is achieving intellectual heights never dreamed of previiously.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1845 ... The company began
digging in 1850, but by 1851 had run out of funds and ceased operations. In 1861 McCully was corporate
secretary of the newly-formed Oak Island Association of Truro, which was able to raise a large sum
of money. With a work force of 63 men and 33 horses, the Association made several attempts to solve
the problem of water flooding in the “money pit”. McCully wrote of these attempts in the Liverpool
Transcript, 16 October 1862. The work was unsuccessful, however; the money ran out and the company
folded in 1864. In 1866 McCully participated in a third company, the Oak Island Eldorado Company
[Halifax Company], which again raised funds and continued operations. But it also failed and closed
down in 1867.

3 stints, 5+ years and nothing.
It is incredible the amount of money and effort that has been put into this tiny bit of ground over the last 200+ years..... Nothing ever found (or at most "a few links of a gold chain"). 63 men and 33 horses must of been a big whack of money back in the day....

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is incredible the amount of money and effort that has been put into this tiny bit of ground over the last 200+ years..... Nothing ever found (or at most "a few links of a gold chain"). 63 men and 33 horses must of been a big whack of money back in the day....

yeah but I think "gold rush whitewater" is trying to top it !

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Imagine if we could have a running total of all the $$$ each venture spent looking for this treasure?
200 + years of searches? WOW! Lots of money!!

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A Drop In The Bucket!

Imagine if we could have a running total of all the $$$ each venture spent looking for this treasure?
200 + years of searches? WOW! Lots of money!!
fortune-teller1.jpg

Not even close to what is predicted to have been or is there!

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1675465

Not even close to what is predicted to have been or is there!

Ya think so? The Lag boys must have 18 million into this place in the last 10 years.... add in 200+ years of searches.... gotta be way more.

I think if something was hidden there it was some small Pirate booty chests, not billions in treasure.

I bet Sam Ball and the 3 guys took it all and that's how they prospered. :treasurechest: :blackbeard:
If you look, they all did very well for themselves after coming to OI.

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya think so? The Lag boys must have 18 million into this place in the last 10 years.... add in 200+ years of searches.... gotta be way more.

I think if something was hidden there it was some small Pirate booty chests, not billions in treasure.

I bet Sam Ball and the 3 guys took it all and that's how they prospered. :treasurechest: :blackbeard:

This is exactly what I think. There WAS some sort of treasure and it was found long ago... The search now is more of a history lesson in to what all has been done on the island and maybe by who.. Both of which are hard to confirm exactly...

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is exactly what I think. There WAS some sort of treasure and it was found long ago... The search now is more of a history lesson in to what all has been done on the island and maybe by who.. Both of which are hard to confirm exactly...

I think a lot of folk believe that something was found long ago and people are just perpetuating it and trying to bilk dollars out of naive folk in hope of becoming rich!
Some say no money was ever made.... some say money has been made off the searches.

I dont know what Dan paid for his part of the island but I am pretty sure the Lags paid $7 MILLION for half of what Dan owns... thus making them partners in all of this.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes When You Vacuum The House...You Find Small Change!

These Residents on the Oak Island Lots just mopped up the left behind personal effects from the Grenadiers who did not retrieve their plunder from Havana.

These Residents were placed on the island to insure no one came there uninvited and possibly detected evidence leading back to the Original Depositors.

Today's Searchers are obsessed with knocking at the Front Door, when the answers lie up at the North/West end of the island.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Searchers are obsessed with knocking at the Front Door, when the answers lie up at the North/West end of the island.
Robot... Get on the phone.. Call the Laginas and tell them YOU KNOW exactly where to find the treasure... You can get on the Telly and be part of the Oak Island legend.....

robot-bucket-shovel-new-technologies-metaphor-separated-white-39253712.jpg

Last edited:

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
These Residents on the Oak Island Lots just mopped up the left behind personal effects from the Grenadiers who did not retrieve their plunder from Havana.

These Residents were placed on the island to insure no one came there uninvited and possibly detected evidence leading back to the Original Depositors.

Remember this place ? Near Dave's house ...

56C4FBEE-1DD9-4803-96C2-3E55D483C531.jpeg

B2B702FE-E62B-4F7E-8ACE-76187BF46EC3.jpeg

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Patience is a Virtue!

Robot... Get on the phone.. Call the Laginas and tell them YOU KNOW exactly where to find the treasure... You can get on the Telly and be part of the Oak Island legend.....

They know my Theory...Nothing will change until they have tried it...Their Way!

My Way 1.png

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So on this week's episode, more interesting things come to light at Smith's cove. And the "can" machine arrives. I wonder if the cans go straight down or if they get diverted like the smaller shafts and that distorts their impression of the features below ground?

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was disappointed that they never even mentioned the "box drains" again on this episode... This suggests that they were just a natural phenomena and not man made drains... I hate the way they do that.. Make such a big hoo haa over something one episode and then just completely ignore it the next episode and never tell you what the further research showed. Given that it was not referred to it must of been nothing. That really was their first evidence of pre searcher building and now it appears it was not the drains at all.. Disappointing..

(I also see that nothing has ever been said about the "French Drains" again either.. So I guess that was natural as well..)

I see Laird is of the opinion that most of the current wooden structures they are finding are from searchers.. Maybe the latest find it earlier..

Not much else of note on that episode. The marks on their most recent rock do not look anything like runes to me (was that the lyder version we saw?).

I cannot see how they think a hundreds of year old wooden box (Chapels Vault?) can be pushed of to the side into the "SOLID UNDERGROUND" Even if it was muddy the mud would need to go somewhere.. There was no cavity showing there..

So once again follow up a good episode with a "nothing much" episode... They are really dragging this whole thing out...

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Assuming the find/wood in Smiths cove (especially the new L shaped structure- The wooden wall) is an attempt to block the 'mythical' flood tunnels it does make you wonder why they thought they existed if they could not find them. The size of that wall seems to suggest they did not have much of an idea where it started.

This is to me one of the most puzzling things about the search over the last 200+ years.. How did anyone actually believe without any evidence that there was "multiple" flood tunnels. Surely if the flood tunnels had originated on Smiths Cove beach then the early searches could of followed the drains to the tunnel. No one ever found any evidence that the drains did more then drain into a sump...

Why bother building that massive wooden wall if you cannot find a drain/tunnel what are you possibly hoping it could stop?

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I was disappointed that they never even mentioned the "box drains" again on this episode... This suggests that they were just a natural phenomena and not man made drains... I hate the way they do that.. Make such a big hoo haa over something one episode and then just completely ignore it the next episode and never tell you what the further research showed. Given that it was not referred to it must of been nothing. That really was their first evidence of pre searcher building and now it appears it was not the drains at all.. Disappointing..

From my research, the drains were mostly removed. How ever, there could be some parts still remaining as the did use explosives to blast through the drains.

(I also see that nothing has ever been said about the "French Drains" again either.. So I guess that was natural as well..)

They accounts of the French drains were there in the beginning. So they are real IMO.

I see Laird is of the opinion that most of the current wooden structures they are finding are from searchers.. Maybe the latest find it earlier..

All the wooden structures are searcher IMO because it is well documented on what they did at Smith's.

Not much else of note on that episode. The marks on their most recent rock do not look anything like runes to me (was that the lyder version we saw?).

I cannot see how they think a hundreds of year old wooden box (Chapels Vault?) can be pushed of to the side into the "SOLID UNDERGROUND" Even if it was muddy the mud would need to go somewhere.. There was no cavity showing there..

The Chapel vault was a wooden box but it was surrounded by concrete. The drill operators that determined that were very experienced. Can they push it into the mud? Quite possibly.

So once again follow up a good episode with a "nothing much" episode... They are really dragging this whole thing out...

The drains are real and documented. Why they were built is a different story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread