The "U" shaped structure

OP
OP
W

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'll start on box/sled. no tar residue on it. I would think that if it were protected by tar, we would see at least some sign of it. why go to the trouble of building something that weighs multiple times more than a barrel, when an old barrel would suffice. if you are headed to an island, you would need to bring fishing gear if you are going to fish, trapping tools if you are going to trap. you would bring pine tar tools if you are making pine tar. nor do I see the outflow tube that is in the pic.

this box requires more thought and info on it.

concrete wall with pipes..... wtf. i'd love to see the inside of these pipes. might help go a long way to help determine how they were made. obviously more excavation is needed. where did they go???

I like the idea as coolant for equipment except that you would not draw new cool water near where you were dumping used warm water. defeats the purpose. not for drinking water. too easy to use barrels for that. they were already using barrels for that purpose.

are the pipes the flood tubes?

Feb 9, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Introducing the Real Knights Templar

Initiates Ring designed 1244 , Passed down through my Lineage and presented to me at Puberty .
Photo taken just a few moments ago off my finger .

John the Baptist our Patron
Fluer De Lies
Our Actual True Shield and Cross .

Sorry Folks , we never made a Deposit or Repository on Oak Island .

The Show is Based on a Creative Writing Exercise one of our Order Posted on an Old Forum .

True Fact ,

Time and Failure will Prove out that Nothing of Knights Artifacts are insitu upon the Island .

Those are here however , I am at the Repository as I Type here

in New Mexico .

and NO , I will not allow Disney a Chance at the Facts .

above is Fact , Initiates Ring Order of the Knights Templar 005.JPG

Feb 9, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our Patron

John the Baptist

Helmet Rimmed with Fluer

This is the Actual Artifact ,

The Lead Cross with Hooked Top Bar is Norse , circa late 10th Century .
The rest of the Items found on the Island , are far from how we Build our Vaults .

We Dug Cylindrical , for Structural Integrity , that Pit , whatever the Truth , it is not KT .

Initiates Ring Order of the Knights Templar 003.JPG

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is notable that they are not finding any metal items in smiths cove. They spent all that money on that old piece of mining equipment to separate out objects of different sizes and they have found nothing (maybe one button) and the only other metal was the rusted "drill bit" (Roman Spear :thumbsup:) with all that work you would of thought there would of been significant discarded/broken tools and other metal remnants of the work ie horse shoes, nails, axe heads etc

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'll start on box/sled. no tar residue on it. I would think that if it were protected by tar, we would see at least some sign of it...
Not that I am agreeing with J.Steele opinion but this is pine tar. Something like varnish or linseed oil. All old ships were coated in the stuff. It does not change the color of the wood other then staining a bit darker. This would disappear over time being under water/mud as with any timber recovered from old shipwrecks etc.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our Patron

John the Baptist

Helmet Rimmed with Fluer

This is the Actual Artifact ,

The Lead Cross with Hooked Top Bar is Norse , circa late 10th Century .
The rest of the Items found on the Island , are far from how we Build our Vaults .

We Dug Cylindrical , for Structural Integrity , that Pit , whatever the Truth , it is not KT .

View attachment 1680631

Why do you speak in the present tense of the 10th and 12th Century? Then you say "We"? You must be one of the new "Knight's Templar"? I do not believe you can know what the True Knight's Templar did over 800 years ago? Just my opinion and you are welcome to yours.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed the other two pipes also. They conveniently forgot to show/talk about them. Also, in the war room when they are asking Dan B. if he knows anything about the pipes it looks like they have a 2'-3' piece of the "rubber" pipe laying on the table next to Rick.

View attachment 1680527
View attachment 1680528

Good pickup did not notice that... Does make you wonder why 4 pipes side by side in a concrete tank/trough.. Maybee each was connected to a hose as they needed pressurized or fresh water in different areas around the pit/cove..

two is easy to explain... Four I am stumped....

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The supply and return was my first thought as well (just like the eco-air handling system I saw in my brother's house up north - pipes that size through the basement wall to a geo-thermal air management system). But then in the conference call, the sketch showed a row of pipes, as though the pipes continue on to the left. If so, I'm stumped again on the need for multiple pipes that close together.

I don't recall seeing that on the show... I remember 2 like in a cap on another page but not multiple.

Did you notice that Craig Teaster looks just like Goodyear

I didnt pick up on that but will look again to see if pick up on it.... could open up new doors and theories.

I noticed the other two pipes also. They conveniently forgot to show/talk about them. Also, in the war room when they are asking Dan B. if he knows anything about the pipes it looks like they have a 2'-3' piece of the "rubber" pipe laying on the table next to Rick.

View attachment 1680527
View attachment 1680528

I don't recall seeing this nor them putting anything on the table at Dan's house. Did I really miss all this stuff?
Might have to re watch it now.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
What are you saying... Someone dug thousands of feet of "back up" flood tunnels just incase someone found the Smiths Cove Flood tunnels and blocked them?... NO ONE else has dug a channel/tunnel from the sea to the money pit. So how does the other digging result in the sea getting to the money pit?

This is not even an argument the Laginas have put forward...

NO ONE has found any evidence AT ALL of any other flood tunnels....

NOW they have :)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why do you speak in the present tense of the 10th and 12th Century? Then you say "We"? You must be one of the new "Knight's Templar"? I do not believe you can know what the True Knight's Templar did over 800 years ago? Just my opinion and you are welcome to yours.

Can't speak for El Chato, but there are several "chapters" still claiming ties even today. Who can say? No better or worse than the current Freemasons.

julaug2018_a05_prologue.jpg

Dzrt1st

Jan 4, 2019
Western Washington
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Whites 4900 D/L Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't recall seeing that on the show... I remember 2 like in a cap on another page but not multiple.

I didnt pick up on that but will look again to see if pick up on it.... could open up new doors and theories.

I don't recall seeing this nor them putting anything on the table at Dan's house. Did I really miss all this stuff?
Might have to re watch it now.

You can see the shot of the four pipes about 8 minutes in during a pan of the concrete wall area. As for the pipe on the table they don't talk about it or acknowledge it. It just appears in a few quick shots during the conversation.

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed that as well. Wonder why they edited it like they did and didn't mention 4 pipes. DId they only see 2 at first and ran with it and then the shot we see with 4 pipes were later on in filming..

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

P1020680.JPG

Going back, let's say they were looking to construct the coffer dam or dump something to plug the box drains. They bring out big chunks of a demolished building from Halifax, which just happens to be an early telephone exchange building that was outgrown. Like this : http://www.emtelle.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Cable-Entries-Pipe-Entries-Sub-stations.pdf

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the pics MikeN. I do remember seeing the sketch and saying why is he drawing more than two? I remember seeing two. Guess I will have to rewatch! Ughhhhhh Tourture!

So many options for the "conduit" as we should be calling them now as they can be supply lines, return lines, cable pulls... anything at this point.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I re watched those bits ( I Think the earlier link I posted was missing some video)

dan1.jpg pipe.jpg pipes2.jpg U shaped.jpg u shapped 2.jpg

It is very clear that the pipe is not on Dans desk when they arrive but is added during the conversation. So they must of got it from the structure. I see that Rick draws multiple holes on the sketch.

It must be a bad editing job and they will introduce the other holes/pipes later

OR

The pipe is obviously modern so they do not mention it..

I added a couple of shots of the u shaped structure fully exposed

Here is complete version of the show https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x72c9f1

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These were found in Smith Cove in 1967

scissors.jpg

The Smithsonian Institute has identified them as typical of Spanish-American manufacture prior to the mid 19th century.

Source: Photo Albums - Oak Island

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$12.95 n Amazon. ;-)
Sorry Charlie.. What is the significance of this? Amazon/eBay was not around in the 1960's... You can also buy ancient Spanish gold coins, Spanish Gold ingots, Knights Templar artifacts on eBay. Am I missing the point of your post?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread