Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in what way would it be used to make tar? would it not have residue on it?
box%20sled.jpg tar%20funnel.jpg

She thinks it was a Tar Funnel like the one in this picture... She claims that the reason the timber is so well preserved is because it is soaked pine tar which has protected it.

I would recommend you read her book it only costs $10 and is quite thin (only takes a couple of hours to read) She puts forward a very coherent argument. It also includes lots of interesting history and back story. The OI ghost stories she gives are quite cool.

Does" below" mean closer to the water, further south, or underneath? And if underneath, that would indicate it or some portion of it was destroyed..
As shown by the sketch shared by Stretch Da Truth it was underneath the U shaped structure.

#11 does show the box Dan found 3' down.

Last edited:

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly there aren't alot of facts dealing with the Island. There are the descendants that claim the original 3 found treasure. It is a fact they said it just no way for even them to prove it at this point... and all these years have been for nothing if true.. Bam story over... Skeptics and believers can't touch that... unless your calling them a liar...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, no one ( singlestack ) post for me to prove it. I can't and you can't either...

You're right. There are few facts being presented on the island, but there are many stories, such as the one told by the descendants. Unfortunately stories aren't worth much without credible material evidence to back them up.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SO if your willing to admit maybe they found some treasure then the story if over. No need to be part of the skeptics on here...

Oh, but the speculation goes FAR beyond a small bit of surface wealth possibly found by a few locals.

The field for skepticism is deep and rich on Oak Island.

And if it is unknown writings of Shakespeare lets hope it stays deeply buried. Never liked his work myself.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "rubber" pipes in the concrete MUST show it is a relatively modern structure. It is not conceivable that anyone would of drilled holes in "Ancient" concrete to add modern rubber pipes.

My guess is was some type of fresh water storage tank to be used by someone working inside the coffer dam why making the pier / U shaped structure for the horses etc to drink from.

pipes.jpg pipes2.jpg

concrete-smiths-cove.jpg

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be possible given that Concrete "tank" is right next to this old pier

oak-island-1931-pd.jpg

That people were unloading a concrete tank from a boat to move up to the pit (1930ish) and they dropped the tank into the water. This is why it is sitting right next to their pier and there is no record of it...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They need to fully uncover the concrete on both sides if possible. It would be getting close to their metal walls on the back side and see where those pipes go... Are ya'll thinking those pipes lead out to a boat to funnel in fresh drinking water? or that the 1 wall we see is all that is left to a concrete box/tank of some sort and if so why not drink straight from it instead of go to the trouble to bring it ashore and then pipe it into a dug pit...

Not sure how ya'll see a that being a tank with just 1 wall being there at the moment.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So we agree they boys/young men might have found something small and it helped them out?
If you agree it kinda squashes all the fancy big theories like Templars, Romans, Aliens, Bacon and others but does make the story a bit more real.
Now I cant explain why they stuck around unless they did believe there was more treasure. People are greedy after all.

On to the wall. Lets ask Dave if he has ever seen anything like this? Nope. Lets ask Dan, Nope. Laird? Nope.
Come on guys it's some pipes through a wall. 2 like in supply line and return line? Duhhhh!

It's not Roman! Some earlier talk could be spot on. Fresh water tank? Some kind of pump system? Lots of plausible answers but the realistic ones don't deal with treasure.

It is a shame it is so close to the coffer walls as it will leave it as a loose thread as they will not be able to completely explore these items. (concrete wall and pipes)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did anyone check to see who used "rubber" pipe in the recent past and why?

My guess is that it is Orangeburg pipe for a feed line for engine cooling on some equipment of the 1911 expedition (the one with Roosevelt). Right material for that era.

Like the riveted cast iron equipment to the left in this image. Looks like a boiler to me.

800px-Photograph_of_Franklin_D._Roosevelt_and_Others_at_Oak_Island_in_Nova_Scotia_-_NARA_-_19680.jpg

Or this steam shovel.
Moneypit-1-.jpg

But it was also used for underground wiring conduit. Maybe for lighting and utilities to a wharf/dock.

Last edited:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good thoughts Charlie. I was worried you were gonna suggest Mr Goodyear invented rubber so maybe he was on OI..... I thought the announcer was going to go that route last night.

Queue announcer:
Whats this? Rubber pipes? In 19xx Mr Goodyear invented rubber for tires, tubes, Templar stamps, Roman supply & return pipes. Seems Mr Goodyear is part Roman.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta love whenever they find something and the annoying announcer takes it to the earliest possible, far distant extreme.

"A rock, found on Oak Island? Geologists claim rocks in Nova Scotia were formed 250,000,000 years ago and some are known to contain fossilized remains of Trilobites. Could they have been Templar Trilobites?"

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thoughts Charlie. I was worried you were gonna suggest Mr Goodyear invented rubber so maybe he was on OI..... I thought the announcer was going to go that route last night.

Queue announcer:
Whats this? Rubber pipes? In 19xx Mr Goodyear invented rubber for tires, tubes, Templar stamps, Roman supply & return pipes. Seems Mr Goodyear is part Roman.

Did you notice that Craig Teaster looks just like Goodyear

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! Just like that. Only on the rubber pipes it went to Goodyear then the old Central Americans had rubber way back in the 1600's - 1700's and Laird said he found evidence of early 1800's.
All over the timeline!
Lets go with 1880's - 1950's is my guess.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On to the wall. Lets ask Dave if he has ever seen anything like this? Nope. Lets ask Dan, Nope. Laird? Nope.
Come on guys it's some pipes through a wall. 2 like in supply line and return line? Duhhhh!

The supply and return was my first thought as well (just like the eco-air handling system I saw in my brother's house up north - pipes that size through the basement wall to a geo-thermal air management system). But then in the conference call, the sketch showed a row of pipes, as though the pipes continue on to the left. If so, I'm stumped again on the need for multiple pipes that close together.

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
Gotta love whenever they find something and the annoying announcer takes it to the earliest possible, far distant extreme.

"A rock, found on Oak Island? Geologists claim rocks in Nova Scotia were formed 250,000,000 years ago and some are known to contain fossilized remains of Trilobites. Could they have been Templar Trilobites?"

A THOUSAND times, YES!

Dzrt1st

Jan 4, 2019
Western Washington
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Whites 4900 D/L Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The supply and return was my first thought as well (just like the eco-air handling system I saw in my brother's house up north - pipes that size through the basement wall to a geo-thermal air management system). But then in the conference call, the sketch showed a row of pipes, as though the pipes continue on to the left. If so, I'm stumped again on the need for multiple pipes that close together.

I noticed the other two pipes also. They conveniently forgot to show/talk about them. Also, in the war room when they are asking Dan B. if he knows anything about the pipes it looks like they have a 2'-3' piece of the "rubber" pipe laying on the table next to Rick.

OI2.PNG
OI3.PNG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions