Is anyone going to watch the upcoming Oak Island TV show in Nov. 2019?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yada, Yada, Yada,...Always The Same...With Skeptics!

I watch the show and laugh and laugh and laugh, it is fun to yell at the screen

I live 1/2 hour from Oak Island and have found more on the mainland with my metal detector then they will ever find.

I once overheard a number of local engineers who work with a company affiliated with the show roaring with laughter and talking about 'more money than brains'.

The money pit is just that, a money pit, nothing to see here folks. There was some silver scattered on the island about 2 feet down but it is long gone. Poor people ended up rich 200 years ago. This happened in other parts on Nova Scotia too, Halls Harbour is one place.

Isle Haute in the Bay of Fundy did have pirate treasure, it was found in 1952 in the palm of a skeletons hand (supposedly). https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/l...f-this-disappearing-island-in-the-bay-245808/

View attachment 1760831

Try Reading and Studying ...More about...The Mystery Of Oak Island!

Yada.jpg

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it because I occasionally visit this forum and read some of the threads, and I find that after I have done so I tell myself, "That was a complete waste of time." Anything to do with the Oak Island Pit is, in fact, a waste of time. That's not a guess.

Edit: 3 more minutes of my life are gone...

but yet here you are posting in thread AGAIN that you claim is a waste of time.. Guess your time isn't very valuable...

alrelichunter

Mar 5, 2012
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes will be watching after all these years really hard staying away from updates online don't want to ruin it now you really want to be there with your metal detector another thing I love hunting Native American artifacts & metal detecting some times I will do both at the same time. I'd rather do that than lay on a beach in florida unless I had a metal detector next to me.I record a lot of shows and watch them at night SO NO WASTED TIME THERE.

Last edited:

alrelichunter

Mar 5, 2012
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great times in PA.

:2barsgold:
Yes will be watching after all these years really hard staying away from updates online don't want to ruin it now you really want to be there with your metal detector another thing I love hunting Native American artifacts & metal detecting some times I will do both at the same time. I'd rather do that than lay on a beach in florida unless I had a metal detector next to me.I record a lot of shows and watch them at night SO NO WASTED TIME THERE.
Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.:metaldetector:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
but yet here you are posting in thread AGAIN that you claim is a waste of time.. Guess your time isn't very valuable...

When you're done attacking his character, you should probably address his point. Or not. It might be a waste of time.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
One Must Get A Life...Before One Can Waste One's Life!

Wasted Time.jpg

Paulo

Oct 13, 2019
West Toast
Detector(s) used
HF-9, X-Ray Vision (1st gen), LDDS-1x (lawn dart dowsing system)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Show was fun when it came out but I couldn't bear the continual mis-application of cutting edge technologies coupled with increasingly contrived equipment malfunctions. Should be renamed "Curse of 90's-era Harbor Freight Rigging Equipment" Although, after reading it back to myself, I concede my reboot is a bit ham-fisted.

Some of the comments mentioning the narration gave me a giggle. Is it too much venture for me to guess this fellow is also employed for Ancient Aliens? It would partially explain the 'spillover' of the careless disregard for the foundation of all science: The Scientific Method. But alas, how many tens of viewers would they have if they abided by that silly principle?...

btw, i hadn't the intent of my first post being a head-first plunge into a heated TV show debate but hey, fortune favors the bold? flame on!

:hello:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you're done attacking his character, you should probably address his point. Or not. It might be a waste of time.

I'm hoping you were joking... If not. how did I attack his character and he didn't make a point to talk about other then to say his time is better spent not watching the show, yet finds time to come on here and bi&^% and moan about a show that he supposedly doesn't watch!! and as I've been pointing out as of late he isn't the only one doing that...

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not put the Oak Island Crew down that much? You have to admire them for their conviction of staying at it for all these years.

Conviction based on ignorance is not admirable. I don't admire Jim Jones and his followers, and they had way more conviction than these guys.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conviction based on ignorance is not admirable. I don't admire Jim Jones and his followers, and they had way more conviction than these guys.

Now Carl, I do not think they are ignorant. They are making themselves a fortune from investors and movies. Can't be too ignorant. If they do not find anything then all of us that watch and keep their ratings high will be the ignorant ones.

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give me a metal detector and some coconut coir to smoke and I will find something unusual (roman sword, galeon spike, 90 foot stone, rotten wood, and more coconut coir to smoke).

Maybe we can now date it successfully, Sasquash can rate the medicinal properties, date the coir, and answer the Templar question.

Your Bud Aurum

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I'm hoping you were joking...

Why? Would that change something?

Not.

how did I attack his character and he didn't make a point to talk about other then to say his time is better spent not watching the show, yet finds time to come on here and bi&^% and moan about a show that he supposedly doesn't watch!!

He did make a point. Someone questioned him about it. He clarified his opinion. You opined that his time was not valuable while not addressing his point. Did this not happen?

and as I've been pointing out as of late he isn't the only one doing that...

...which is completely irrelevant to what we're discussing.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now this did make me laugh...

S 7 E 98

The Curse of Oak Island: The Top 25 Theories

In this exciting pre-season special, we’ll look back on 6 seasons of The Curse of Oak Island and countdown the 25 most incredible theories ever to be presented in the series as we anticipate the start of season 7!

https://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island/season-7/episode-98

So we are up to episode 98 and they are going back over all their wacko theories (well not all only 25 of them)

What is there to say...... :censored:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why? Would that change something?

Not.

He did make a point. Someone questioned him about it. He clarified his opinion. You opined that his time was not valuable while not addressing his point. Did this not happen?

...which is completely irrelevant to what we're discussing.

Here is his post that I replied to.
Quote Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
I know it because I occasionally visit this forum and read some of the threads, and I find that after I have done so I tell myself, "That was a complete waste of time." Anything to do with the Oak Island Pit is, in fact, a waste of time. That's not a guess.

Edit: 3 more minutes of my life are gone...

My actual reply.................

Where in his post did he make a point? This post not some post of his from earlier..
He himself said "That was a complete waste of time." and "3 more minutes of my life are gone..." That is why I said "Guess your time isn't very valuable..."
The point I was making is-- as of late there have been lots of skeptics that some claim they do not even watch the show yet come on here and ***** and moan about what is happening and say it is a waste of their time to come on here yet here they are. That is totally relevant to what I was saying and why I was saying it....

Lets try this example- I don't believe in Bigfoot.. So I don't watch the shows on TV searching for them. I by no means are going to go on their forums to ***** and moan about the shows and say it's all fake, made up and a complete waste of time.. DO YOU NOW GET MY POINT....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread