Is anyone going to watch the upcoming Oak Island TV show in Nov. 2019?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Here is his post that I replied to.
Quote Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
I know it because I occasionally visit this forum and read some of the threads, and I find that after I have done so I tell myself, "That was a complete waste of time." Anything to do with the Oak Island Pit is, in fact, a waste of time. That's not a guess.

Edit: 3 more minutes of my life are gone...

He had a post before that one. (The "I know it because..." statement was referring to it.) It contained a point.

He himself said "That was a complete waste of time." and "3 more minutes of my life are gone..." That is why I said "Guess your time isn't very valuable..."

And was that meant as a helpful observation, or snark? Given that you didn't read back one additional page in order to figure out what he was discussing, I'm inclined to believe that it was the latter, but I'm willing to believe you if you want to say that you were trying to add to the conversation.

The point I was making is-- as of late there have been lots of skeptics that some claim they do not even watch the show yet come on here and ***** and moan about what is happening and say it is a waste of their time to come on here yet here they are. That is totally relevant to what I was saying and why I was saying it....

And does that make their opinions invalid?

DO YOU NOW GET MY POINT....

No. You seem angry about it, and I'm not sure why. If a whole bunch of knuckleheads dropped in on my thread and started spewing speculation and pseudoscience as if it were factual, I'd simply point out that they were wrong, and why they were wrong, and present the facts that showed that they were wrong.

If I couldn't do that, I'd look harder for better evidence. And if I couldn't do that...well, then I'd start rethinking my position. No sense in getting angry about it either way.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I pretty well answered all your questions already.
What you haven't answered is to why do some of the skeptics come on here who admittedly don't watch the show yet talk as if they are an expert on what is or isn't happening, what has or hasn't been found.. and then say it is a complete waste of their time...That question goes out to all who it fits. I'd love to read your answer as to why you bother to come in here and post yet claim it is a waste of time!!
and yes it does piss me off when some of the skeptics are always asking for facts, evidence, saying this that and the other is a fake and the such but then don't offer any of their own to back up their theory. Like their word should be taken as fact, as they say the others is a lie...

I'm guessing you actually agreed with my Bigfoot example of some of the skeptics on here since you didn't try to twist it or pick it apart as well!!

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think I pretty well answered all your questions already.
What you haven't answered is to why do some of the skeptics come on here who admittedly don't watch the show yet talk as if they are an expert on what is or isn't happening, what has or hasn't been found.. and then say it is a complete waste of their time...That question goes out to all who it fits. I'd love to read your answer as to why you bother to come in here and post yet claim it is a waste of time!!
and yes it does piss me off when some of the skeptics are always asking for facts, evidence, saying this that and the other is a fake and the such but then don't offer any of their own to back up their theory. Like their word should be taken as fact, as they say the others is a lie...

I'm guessing you actually agreed with my Bigfoot example of some of the skeptics on here since you didn't try to twist it or pick it apart as well!!
If that pisses you off, you must really loose it over more serious issues like who's football team is better, LOL

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that pisses you off, you must really loose it over more serious issues like who's football team is better, LOL

Not at all. That is actually debatable. Someone coming in here admitting they don't watch the show and then claim to know this that or the other about it and in the end say it is a waste of their time. Who does that. I'll ask you about my Bigfoot TV Show reference, does that not make sense to you or do you not believe in Bigfoot but yet watch the show just to b*&^ and moan about and act as some kind of authority on it as well..

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not at all. That is actually debatable. Someone coming in here admitting they don't watch the show and then claim to know this that or the other about it and in the end say it is a waste of their time. Who does that. I'll ask you about my Bigfoot TV Show reference, does that not make sense to you or do you not believe in Bigfoot but yet watch the show just to b*&^ and moan about and act as some kind of authority on it as well..
Actually, I think the existence of Big Foot is far more probable than the existence of any treasure on Oak Island, :laughing7:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I’ll be watching! This thread because it’s far more entertaining.

A871FA5B-C1AE-4012-BF01-6F58A3957306.png

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just heard a quote from an old tv show, "when it comes to hunting for gold, best be the one who's selling the pick and shovel,, that's the only sure way to get rich"

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I'd love to read your answer as to why you bother to come in here and post yet claim it is a waste of time!!

Have I claimed that?

As I've claimed elsewhere on this forum more times than I care to count, it's often very difficult to prove a negative. In this particular case, there's no way for me to prove that there's no treasure on Oak Island. We could literally excavate the entire island right down to the waterline without finding anything, and if I offered that as evidence, someone would simply say, "Well, you didn't dig deep enough!" And that would be that. It's the same reason why I can't prove that there's not a buried treasure under the library, or under your house, or under the septic tank at the last place that I lived at. Hell, I could dig a hole right into the molten core of the Earth, and someone could say that I hadn't gone far enough. And if I dug right through that out to the other side, they'd say that I was not digging in the right spot. It's impossible to disprove this.

On the other hand, it's extremely simple (in theory) for someone to prove that there is a treasure on Oak Island. All they have to do is turn up a treasure. If they do, I will revise my opinion, and so will a lot of other skeptics.

Which Bigfoot example? I'm not sure what you're talking about. (And before we discuss it, I don't believe that Bigfoot is real. Someone around here would have shot one by now.)

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You readily admit you don't believe there is or was a treasure on Oak Island, yet here you are trying to convince others of the same thing I guess or why be posting in here? That is exactly what my Bigfoot example was about if you had read it!!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What other kind of excavations are there?

From photos I have seen, they are digging out the money pit. They have made two ponds to pump the water near Smith's Cove. So they are trying to go to the 154 foot level where the treasure chamber in cement is supposed to be located. I believe the treasure is on Lot #15. Ark.jpg Could it be?

Last edited:

Robert_Dazzler

Apr 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SPOILER ALERT: franklin is on this season and tells them that he knows exactly where the treasure is, but he just cant tell them where nor can he give them any evidence of it....wait for it.....UNTIL THEY FIND IT THEMSELVES......DUN DUN DUN............then, and only then, when the treasure has been discovered, franklin will tell us all where its at!!!! AMAZING

Robert_Dazzler

Apr 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SPOILER ALERT: franklin is on this season and tells them that he knows exactly where the treasure is, but he just cant tell them where nor can he give them any evidence of it....wait for it.....UNTIL THEY FIND IT THEMSELVES......DUN DUN DUN............then, and only then, when the treasure has been discovered, franklin will tell us all where its at!!!! AMAZING

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Brothers' 2019 digging season is done for this year...then they televise what they did all summer. If anything significant had been found this past summer, no matter how tight their "security", SOMETHING would have leaked.

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Brothers' 2019 digging season is done for this year...then they televise what they did all summer. If anything significant had been found this past summer, no matter how tight their "security", SOMETHING would have leaked.

Apparently the ship leaked a few centuries ago.

Your Bud Aurum

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will record it and fast forward it when needed. The show has really become a joke. That "Expert" Gary Dickhead swinging his detector 8" above the ground and nothing new found in the last 3 seasons turn me off and the narrator who talks in questions is too much.

Is that the same 'Gary Dickhead' that found this from the 1715 fleet amongst other cool finds? I wish I was a dickhead like him. not sure about his accent though...

265b3ae1bea1aed98eb0e798ccadc2e2.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread