Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: OKIE's

Most of the well known and lesser known outlaws of the early days hid out in Indian Territory as there was no law to speak of. Isaak Parker a federal judge over in Ft. Smith, Ark. use to send deputies over here to fetch 'em back. He was called "The Hanging Judge" On one occasion he hanged 8 at once! You need to check out some of the local history. There are also some ghost towns over in that area, Marrimec, Lone Chimney are two real close by. Monty

T

TheDetectorist

Monty said:
There are also some ghost towns over in that area, Marrimec, Lone Chimney are two real close by. Monty

Lone Chimney is a bit out of my stomping grounds, but I know where it is. Drive past it on occasion when traveling to a friends house.

As for old places in OK, it's hard to find anyplace older than about 1890 unless you live in the far eastern part of the state.

TD

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Full Time RVer based in TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BJ in Okla.

Feb 26, 2004
Central OK.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ's
I live in Noble,

I live in Noble but hunt all over. I hunt in OKC a lot. I would like to hunt this week end, but with the wind, I may not stay out to long. I just traded for a Whites M-6 and would like to try it out. I have used a lot of units, a CZ is my Favorite. I just found this site, so I will be checking it out more often.
HH...BJ in Okla.

D

daniel74868

I live in Seminole. I hunt any and everything.

dalejr.rules

Dec 29, 2006

holdenville, hunt for a little of every thing but trying to figure out some spainish drillholes on my dads land its mind blowing

allanw23

Dec 19, 2006
oklahoma city, ok
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro

Moore, OK.
Ive been around Metal Detectors all my life. I can remember when I was 4 or 5 years old using an old Linx and Tomcat at the old 101 Ranch, not exactly by choice though. I ended up playing on the hills most of the time! At first it was school yards, but my dad soon figured out there were toys there so the detectors were left sitting in the middle of the schoolyard. Not the best place to take a kid trying to teach him about treasure hunting.

Me and my dad own Wayne's Detector Sales in OKC, Oklahoma for the last 17 years. We sell Tesoro, White's and Garrett with a full line of books and accessories.He has been in business for at least 30 years either out of his shop or out of his home. Personally I like old homesteads especially land that was my families at one point. I also like the beaches that I don't get to go to much. I recently in the last six months quit my job to join my dad fulltime. So far its been a blast! Stop by and see our shop if you haven't already. We are at 7515 S. Pennsylvania.

M

mws53

Ponca City here. Just got my first detector. Been out only a couple of times. Weather and time haven't been cooperating lately. Thinking of dropping in on the club meeting on Jan 8th.

T

TheDetectorist

allanw23 said:
Moore, OK.
Ive been around Metal Detectors all my life. I can remember when I was 4 or 5 years old using an old Linx and Tomcat at the old 101 Ranch, not exactly by choice though. I ended up playing on the hills most of the time! At first it was school yards, but my dad soon figured out there were toys there so the detectors were left sitting in the middle of the schoolyard. Not the best place to take a kid trying to teach him about treasure hunting.

Me and my dad own Wayne's Detector Sales in OKC, Oklahoma for the last 17 years. We sell Tesoro, White's and Garrett with a full line of books and accessories.He has been in business for at least 30 years either out of his shop or out of his home. Personally I like old homesteads especially land that was my families at one point. I also like the beaches that I don't get to go to much. I recently in the last six months quit my job to join my dad fulltime. So far its been a blast! Stop by and see our shop if you haven't already. We are at 7515 S. Pennsylvania.

Dang Allan, I didn't know he was your dad! I remember the first time went to his "shop" I was probably about 14 or 15. He had either the garage or a back room converted, but I remember it being in his house. I've bought all my detectors from him. Unfortunately you guys, I use them for a long time. Still using the 6000 proSl he sold me about 10 years ago.

I also used to live in Moore. There were a lot of places I never got around to hunting before I had to move. I did pull some nice silver out though ;)

I need to get down to the city before to long. I'll be stoping by the shop while I'm down. I'll ask for ya, maybe get to say "hi".

TD

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

mws53 said:
Ponca City here. Just got my first detector. Been out only a couple of times. Weather and time haven't been cooperating lately. Thinking of dropping in on the club meeting on Jan 8th.

You're always welcome. 8) We meet at 7PM.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

I am in Apache. I havent gotten my MD yet. When I do, I plan on hitting the school yard, play ground, fair grounds and rodeo arena here.

Anyone know where to get historical info on different OK towns?

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2

Live in Heavener, eastern Oklahoma Leflore co  pan for gold in Arizona use Fisher Gold Bug 2 and Whites Eagle 11 SL searching for nuggets coins an aritifacts

Bigfoot Okie

Jan 20, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro

I live 30 miles South of OKC in Purcell. I detect year round and prefer detecting in the dirt, but enjoy water hunting in decent weather. I also enjoy gold prospecting with a detector and a Drywasher in NM and panning in Co. I am 51 years old, retired and can hunt almost any time. Would like to find a detecting partner within 75 miles to hunt with occasionally. I have been detecting off and on for about 30 years and hope to continue for a long time.
Jim

RonNewbie

Jan 14, 2007
Oklahoma City, OK
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, MXT

It looks like there's a lot of Okies out there swinging detectors. Although I live in Nebraska, I'm originally from OK. I have a farm south of El Reno and a home in Yukon that I plan on moving into later this year. I'm new to detecting but love it so far...and I don't care if I'm detecting in NE or OK...!

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ardmore Ok... south central...here. been th for about 15 yrs.. bought new det. 1 week ago

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Moore Oklahoma here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread