I hear crickets.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been waiting for someone to come here but thought maybe no one lives in my state no more

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are quite a few Okies on the forum, but most don't frequent this sub-forum.

jmontgomery

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the first time I've ever seen this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
Man o' War

Man o' War

Mar 15, 2014
N.E. Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000
Primary Interest:
Other
Not much to talk about here. A few wheats doesn't really get anybody excited. Lol.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People typically post their finds in the "todays finds" section instead of here.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah buddy, I'm here, even though I don't live there no more. Good job Man o' War, and I said the same thing before. The area that is now called Oklahoma has a great history of historical and pre-historical occupation. (I did not say good) Lots of finds could be and probably are found all the time. Nothin to make you rich, but great historical value. Unless....you consider that in the Nations payments were made to the tribes and parcelled out, and when the war between the states came you might have buried that money to keep it safe and never got back to it. Jesse James? Yeah I believe he was down in that area. Some markings on Hi-Early Mountain north of Younger's Bend are attributed to him. Jesse and Frank were familiar with the Great Western Cattle trail in western Oklahoma, and I see where some researchers say they worked herding cattle along it for a time. Frank bought a place down by Fletcher and searched for loot cached in his outlaw days and probably found some, but not all of it. Belle Starr? Never within 100 miles of the Wichitas and nothin to do with the Cave With the Iron Door. If you want to make money on lost treasure, the best and easiest way I can see to do it is write about it. Steve Wilson has done a great job and that Bill Wade has stepped up to the plate. That's all part of the hunt and search for treasure, and to me the hunt is the main thing.

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And just to figure out what y'all Okies do know about your state, I bet they ain't a one of y'all knew anything about Hi-Early Mountain, or that civil war encampment that was southeast of Porum? (I looked, but didn't quite pin that one down. Sure it's there.) I will leave it to y'all to look up history about Brooken. Good area worth lookin over if you can get in there.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an old barn up around Pryor Creek that is attributed to Jesse James, as a hideout for him. Couple caves up in the hills around it. I know that towards Pensacola there is a small cw battlefield and a lady I know owns most of the land where the union soilders were said to camp. I am planning some search parties....hehe

Flowgold

Nov 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man i know this a really old post, but my girlfriends mom lives right across the street from Bella star's old cabin.. Plus right at the end of the trail, and just wondering if anyone ever metal detected there? I just bought one, and the next time i go there was gonna try her property..

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man i know this a really old post, but my girlfriends mom lives right across the street from Bella star's old cabin.. Plus right at the end of the trail, and just wondering if anyone ever metal detected there? I just bought one, and the next time i go there was gonna try her property..
Don't know where its at but it sounds like fun....contact me if you want company

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions