a question for you experienced miller table users

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
All the gold I see is fly speck tiny. Among the actual "speck" pieces left on the miller table after everything else has washed away , is thin flakes that are translucent and microthin , have the color and luster of gold when light is shining on them but lose some of the luster ( they dont go dark ) when when less light is present , I am guessing because they are so thin they are translucent. When disturbing them they easily move farther down the table but usually not too far before they stop and stay put again. Has anybody else seen these ? I am confused by them now after reading about mica sand. It seems like if it were thin mica flakes they would all wash out with the lighter stuff but except for them liking to move so easily before resettling farther down the table because of their shape , the appear to have gold like weight to them. Could these be super thin flakes of gold , so thin that they are translucent , or is there a possibility of it being mica , but because its so flat and thin they stick well to the table surface ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
yeah I just figured it out , found a piece that was big enough to stick with a needle and it broke. well I guess I am actually seeing a lot less gold than I was before Oh well , its a learning process.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread