Southeastern Missouri Gold

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
I found my first gold in southern MO, it was only flypoop but gold neverles. Also found specks of silver.I found this a few miles up stream from a old silver mine. I have researched this area online
and everybody has said there is no gold in southern MO. I know the glaciers stoped at the
missouri river,the qustion i have is has anybody ever found gold or silver panning in southern MO?Also is it worth it to try to find the source?
Thanks again for any input.

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
yep i did in the St. Francis mountains east of lesterville.but there isnt much of it and not worth going back for me!even if i lived much closer!! by the way you naughty boy! you didnt go to our all gold meeting today!

loby

Oct 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hy catfishjim90 ...... I have found some rsearch that Gold is not easily found in Missouri. It is only found in very small quantities which were carried by and deposited by glaciers. Miners and geologist have studied Missouri and have not found any promise of a big gold deposit (Keller). In other words, do not spend all your time looking for gold in Missouri.
gold.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread