panning in new england

ctjonb

Feb 22, 2012
Conn.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hello all , I am looking to plan our first prospecting trip with the family and we are unsure about which has better odds of finding gold Vermont or New Hampshire ?? there both about the same distance from my house I just really want the kids to find a picker that would be real fun for them, we do pan in CT but seem to find very fine flour gold or a spec no pickers as of yet. we've been doing this a year now and love it so if anyone has any ideas or sugestions they are most welcome.
Thanks John

Upvote 0

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
The danger of this thinking is that it allows us to fall right into the trap of "divide and conquer." "I don't dredge, only sluice, so if I let them take away dredging, I am safe." Sound reasonable? What if the next guy says, "I don't sluice, only pan, so if I let them take away sluicing, I am safe." Then the last guy in line says, "I don't pan, only look at the water, so if I let them take away panning, I am safe." Human nature being what it is, eventually somebody will come along and dispute your right to look at the water.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
placertogo
You are absolutely correct! They may be, as Indiana Jones would say, competitors, but we are all prospectors. In the NRA we have learned you cannot give an inch or you will eventually lose everything.

roadtrip
That is disgusting, the damage to the area! That is how we have lost alot of areas to metal detect! Hope it doesn't happen to the Wild AM!

roadtrip

Sep 18, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism V
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When you only have one nugget, you have to take it out every once in a while. This is from the Wild AM in NH.

NUG01.JPG

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Trying to avoid that rule is how I ended up with several sluices and a bunch of guns, didn't want to wear any one out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread