Paydirt - Joke or Not?

AdamD777

Mar 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So, I live in Pennylvania....kinda not a great gold finding area. I don't have a ton of time either with a baby to venture off to nearby rivers, etc. for the day/weekend as well. So my main question.........which I'm sure has been asked many a times, on here........is........

Are there ANY website's, ebay sites, etc. where I can buy gold concentrates/dirt that potentially have a chance to make me a profit or is that a complete dream and I should try to put ice on this 'gold fever' ?

My rational/logical mind tells me that "IF I OWNED A CLAIM", why would I send someone else concentrate, unless I already went through it, maybe tossed in a few flakes myself, to keep the customer 'kinda' happy cause they found a dollars worth, to hope they buy again. BUT the little kid in me that has HOPE for more, says..........."MAYBE JUST MAYBE there is a claim owner actually shipping it out and not checking through it first allowing for some potential profit"

Anything out there legit? Stories appreciated, where you paid "X" amount and found "X" amount would be awesome!

Just wanna know if I should put this to rest or keep on dreaming..........

Upvote 0

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
I have wondered that too in the past , but what I understand from all Ive read is that its not very likely to find more gold in the paydirt than what you paid for it. Some reputable suppliers are really generous with what they allow to be in what they ship to you , but you are right , logic demands that they are not gonna lose money by shipping something to you that is worth more than what you paid for it. But if I were you I wouldnt nix the gold prospecting bug altogether , you do live in Pennsylvania and there is gold to be found there , you just have to be patient and even though your time is limited if you get out there when you can you have a fair chance of turning up some color in your pan. Just depends on how much you really want to do it. I am in Ohio , in my area as well as yours we arent gonna strike it rich or anything , in fact much of the time we dont find much at all , but I highly reccomend this hobby as a way of getting away from it all and enjoying a good time , however short it may be , and anything you learn now can greatly increase your chances later on when you may get more time to do things like this. My time is limited as well , but after finding some gold I have the "fever" and look forward to any time I can get to spend searching for gold , as well as just mining the internet for information and tips on the hobby. Not to mention that it really can be a family friendly enjoyable time for everybody , including wife and children.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i DONT HAVE THE TIME RIGHT NOW BUT WILL TELL YOU,i DO NOT PRE PAN MY CONS.....IF i DO,i AM KEEPING THE GOLD AND IT CONTRADICTS MY CAUSE VERY SELLING THE SMALL AMOUNT i DO EVERY YEAR....Shoot...sorry about the caps lock!!Will you get rich off me?I hope not and likely "no",last year,my average was "off",so everybody that did buy,made a profit..............that was more than O.K. with me.....will that happen again?It could?

Mint_2k

Jan 22, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
AdamD777 said:
You selling paydirt this year Kuger?

:headbang:
Shoot him a PM. I think he may have some in May sometime. That's my hope too!
;D

Paydirt in and of itself, is all in knowing what you are buying. It's good for practice and pushing off the drought blues. I buy it often in small doses from lots of different places just for fun. For me it's more in the "doing" than the "getting" gold. Still, even of you never break even, how many hobbies can you think of where you end of with anything of value at all afterwards? That's why I like this hobby. I take my time and enjoy every batch I buy, and sometime go through it 3-4 times.

Heh! In the end there's always a little to show for it, too. Just watch out who u buy from. There's a lot of skunks out there....especially on eBay, trying to make you think you'll get a "lucky 1 of 10 bags" with a super nugget, or some other nonsense....I've never ordered from Kuger, but he's a straight shooter with a $hitload of experience, and from what I've read, he's very honest, so you have nothing to worry about there....period.

Having said that, you're up in PA, You could plan a camping trip to N. Carolina and do some prospecting out there. I'm in Texas, and we're planning a trip.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mint_2k said:
AdamD777 said:
You selling paydirt this year Kuger?

:headbang:
Shoot him a PM. I think he may have some in May sometime. That's my hope too!
;D

Paydirt in and of itself, is all in knowing what you are buying. It's good for practice and pushing off the drought blues. I buy it often in small doses from lots of different places just for fun. For me it's more in the "doing" than the "getting" gold. Still, even of you never break even, how many hobbies can you think of where you end of with anything of value at all afterwards? That's why I like this hobby. I take my time and enjoy every batch I buy, and sometime go through it 3-4 times.

Heh! In the end there's always a little to show for it, too. Just watch out who u buy from. There's a lot of skunks out there....especially on eBay, trying to make you think you'll get a "lucky 1 of 10 bags" with a super nugget, or some other nonsense....I've never ordered from Kuger, but he's a straight shooter with a $hitload of experience, and from what I've read, he's very honest, so you have nothing to worry about there....period.

Having said that, you're up in PA, You could plan a camping trip to N. Carolina and do some prospecting out there. I'm in Texas, and we're planning a trip.

Thank you,you summed it up very well!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For you people out east, paydirt is certainly cheaper than coming out here to the Mother Lode. But coming out here is still cheaper than disneyworld. Come out here and get sloppy dirty, stinky, hungry, thirsty.... I mean, HAVE FUN instead of standing in those lines to see a RAT. We got 'em out here.... and you can SHOOT 'EM!! TTC

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AdamD777

I bought some pay dirt from some one on e.bay It came from the Arizona desert his high banker his add is on E bay shows his truck and high banker he has an add now. ok hears his name (ljaprospecting)...look at his feed back there all happy...there was gold how much I can't tell but it's in my vial... after I bought my garret pans, classifier, tweezers magnifier. I needed some gold to pan and low and behold there it was been hooked ever since...

hope that helps..........................................................................................liftloop

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
Ive never understood why someone would pay money to wash dirt off gold unless there was potential profit to be made in it , gold panning is fun.......but its not that fun. Anyone supplying paydirt with more gold in it than its worth would be crazy , so I dont see that happening. Maybe its just me but I dont get it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I Got out of

a $15.00 Bag & $20.00 Bag if I Remember
correct, of so called Concentrates,
and a teaspoon size sample from alaska Mixed together.

Picture 025.jpg Picture 027.jpg

Tom Massie of Gold Fever would probably Hoot & Hollar
with what he thinks, is a old time Miners Accent,
"Gold, Gold, I See Gold !"
over one of the Tiny Nuggets, & Say there
is over a Hundred Dollars worth of Gold in there :tongue3:

But of course the whole thing was just a winter Passtime,
on the floor of My Kitchen :D for a Quarters worth of gold
if you include the Bottle in the Value.

I'd need alot of Convincing to Buy Concentrates again.

My Guess most is worked down as far as is
humanly possable, then 3 flakes added.

and then a Bonus bag, thrown in with every hundred bags
they sell,
just to prevent proof it's worked ground

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only payed 3 bucks

Last edited:

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
to me the reasion for buying paydirt is to learn how and be shur you have the right tools for you so when you do get time to go someplace where there is gold you can spind your time getting gold not learning how to run your sluse and use your pan. Terry

ole_grisley

Nov 23, 2007
Lycomming Co Pa
Detector(s) used
treasure cove
I am in the Williamsport pa area here and there is gold here in Pa as I have found a little but it is the fun of panning I go out for'
There is a creek locoly here that they say nuggets has been found in and I have the permission from a land owner to work the creek and no one has done it there before on there property:)if you are near here yould be welcome to get together and do some panning but ot going to give out my special spot yet as the owner might not like to many in there,

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well lets see. We buy a metal detector $1000 we spent money on gas to go out detecting $4 a gal we may find $1 in clad. I bought a 5lbs of paydirt for $45 I found a gram of gold in the paydirt. Was it wourth it. Yea it was....

TarheelPanner

Mar 26, 2012
Mebane, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think I would buy any paydirt. Its more fun to actually go out and find it yourself. There is a seller on ebay who comes from Oregon if I'm not mistaken and says his concentrates will arrive damp because it rains there alot, but I think the cons have already been worked and maybe a few pieces of flour gold thrown in. Just my opinion.

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will you profit buying paydirt ? Probably not. However some of us are not in gold rich areas. This year I began buying paydirt to pan with my girls 4 and 8. We had an ABSOLUTE ball with it. The girls are learning things and have something tangible at the end for it. So let me think back $40/5lbs paydirt = hours of fun with my kids and get something to show for it.Three kids + me and wife to the movies= $100/2 hours and leave with candy wrappers stuck to my shoe. Yeah it was worth it for us. Just my two cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions