New Gold Pan

GoldClaw

Oct 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, fellow Gold Panners.

Hopefully me posting about my personal project that has been several years in the making isn't stepping on any toes here. But I'd love to get the word out as well as some feedback of what people think of a pan I've designed and patented.

Like so many of you, I have been a gold panning hobbyist for many years. I just love the feeling of finding gold, all by my own hard work. As the years went by, I started to look for a way that would make gold panning faster and more efficient, so I decided to turn my hobby into the a project and invented my own personal Gold Pan with new technology and a patented design. These new designs include a pan that's completely see-through, which is a blast to watch in action! These gold pans are hardy and lightweight, aimed at hobbyists, families (including children), and newcomers alike!

This is a project now live on Kickstarter! You can view the project here!

If you would like to take a look and leave feedback, it'd be much appreciated.

Upvote 0

WesternMassGold

Dec 20, 2013
Westfield,Ma
Detector(s) used
Garret super sluice pan,Modified Royal folding sluice w/ Goldhog mats
Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer Sluice,Falcon MD 20 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pretty soon there will be an "add-on" to the pan for only $29.95, that allows you to put the pan just on the bank of the river and the gold will just jump in to the pan all by itself.
Until then i'll just use my Garrett super sluice for 12 bucks and pan all the gold i can find.
Remember its not the pan that finds the gold, its the person handling it.:tongue3:

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it doesn't sit flat and stable on the ground and I can't empty my sluice/bucket into it without fear of it jumping into the river, I'm out.

That looks like a cute idea for kids to pan out bags of paydirt in the backyard into that cute blue bucket. But for any sort of real prospecting it misses the mark.

For $50 I can buy a tried and tested Garrett Pan(Or other brands) and an entire set of bucket classifier pans. Talk about value.

Not to mention my Garret Pan acts as a dry place to sit when the ground is wet after a rain, keeps my pack off the mud, plus the other stuff already mentioned.

I know mining the miners has always been a thing but for $50 that's a bit much.

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember seeing some russians trying to advertise this pan on youtube a couple years ago, I dont think they intended to ever sell gold pans. They got their $20,000 free and clear from the looks of it.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
50 buck's for a gold pan?........ Not in this lifetime.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
While I will not be ordering one & don't really see where it could serve any purpose in my gear, just for the sake of clarity I will say his price for a single pan on Kick Start is $25. Also the Kick Start thing is almost a charity thing. You are helping an entrepreneur start a small business (that will probably fail for lack of capital) and getting a little something back in return. Almost like a "Go fund me" account but with a trinket in return to go with the warm feeling in your heart :laughing7: Looks like he has raised about $20k so far. Ain't America great!!!!!!

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, it's a Kickstarter fund. Yes it's almost charity. I'll buy those. A better pan or even needed, not so much. Mining the miners.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I will not be ordering one & don't really see where it could serve any purpose in my gear, just for the sake of clarity I will say his price for a single pan on Kick Start is $25. Also the Kick Start thing is almost a charity thing. You are helping an entrepreneur start a small business (that will probably fail for lack of capital) and getting a little something back in return. Almost like a "Go fund me" account but with a trinket in return to go with the warm feeling in your heart :laughing7: Looks like he has raised about $20k so far. Ain't America great!!!!!!

it's not that hard to get funding for a good product. if hes got 20k I think he has enough to make a fair go of it, Obviously the tooling is there. The realistic pricing is not.

a lot of money being spent on a product that is not improving the gold pan line.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's pretty certain that their market will not be experienced prospectors. Vacationers, especially those with young children, and others (total newbies included) who really have no clue may bite though. Those on vacation have money set aside for "entertainment" and, if they are in an area with placer gold, the panning method is simple enough that even the least experienced may get some gratification, more so than inexperienced newbies with a conventional pan are likely to get.* Cheaper entertainment than some movie experiences, water parks, Disneyland, etc.:icon_thumleft:

Not for me though.

*I once showed some visiting Chinese tourists how to pan and they proceeded to ignore my instructions and spent 15 or twenty minutes per pan inspecting every rock and grain of sand....probably would not have wasted as much time had they had a gold claw pan, followed the instructions for it and might even have found some gold...they didn't.

Last edited:

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see nothing about this pan which would stop the picking.

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"but it could make a good hat as mentioned. I'm gonna stick with my Stetson though even though it cost more. I would try one if someone loaned it to me, but you just can't beat a $10 pan .

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
$50?!?!! Does it come with Starship Enterprise shaped classifier? The Garrett Super Sluice is $8.46 on Amazon. Garrett's deluxe gold pan kit is $42.45 and it comes with everything a n00b would need to get started.

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*I once showed some visiting Chinese tourists how to pan and they proceeded to ignore my instructions and spent 15 or twenty minutes per pan inspecting every rock and grain of sand.

That is the way they are, even 150 years ago. Up here in NoCA when the chinese came over for the CA gold rush all the area they could get for mining from the white miners was area that had already been picked over. They went in and processed it and still made a living, but probably then wasted it in the opium dens.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like we have a drive by but pretty old though. He made his one and only post on Oct 5 2016. That is the day he joined t-net and also the last time he visited. Which means he has not even seen any of the great comments.

I had to hunt google to see what he was even talking about. Maybe someone else snuck in and relayed a few. The model I saw was not clear it is some kind of green and a single pan is now $25 and not fifty.

He might have been a good contributing member if he just stuck around.

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like we have a drive by but pretty old though. He made his one and only post on Oct 5 2016. That is the day he joined t-net and also the last time he visited. Which means he has not even seen any of the great comments.

I had to hunt google to see what he was even talking about. Maybe someone else snuck in and relayed a few. The model I saw was not clear it is some kind of green and a single pan is now $25 and not fifty.

He might have been a good contributing member if he just stuck around.

Pretty sure his post was only meant to generate funding for his kickstarter account.
Looks like he was pretty good at generating donations from around the net.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup.... Just a hustle.....

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mining the miners was always the best hustle. I know I'm nealry 1g into all my toys for about $20 of gold lol! Can't wait to get back to the river though!

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL..... You got me to thinking about the same thing....
Tallied up my equipment expenses and I'm in at about $650.
And my take so far..... At todays spot about $70.
Granted I don't get out nearly as much as I could and this is beach gold gotta move a lot of sand for that....:laughing7:

IMG_0056.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions