Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: New Gold Pan

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

May 2013
    267 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Seems like "new" pans come out every year.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2016
    North Saguache county between Gunnison and Monarch Pass
    F2
    278 times
    Prospecting
    That's like a quarter of my super sluice pan for four times as much money? I don't really get the concept. I can pan four times the material faster than in the video. Maybe there's a huge market for beginners that need 50 dollar tiny gold pans?

us
    May 2009
    Garden Valley, ca.
    Gold Bug Pro
    7236 times
    it does blow my mind that anyone would spend that much on a pan

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    3521 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldClaw View Post
    Hello, fellow Gold Panners.

Hopefully me posting about my personal project that has been several years in the making isn't stepping on any toes here. But I'd love to get the word out as well as some feedback of what people think of a pan I've designed and patented.

Like so many of you, I have been a gold panning hobbyist for many years. I just love the feeling of finding gold, all by my own hard work. As the years went by, I started to look for a way that would make gold panning faster and more efficient, so I decided to turn my hobby into the a project and invented my own personal Gold Pan with new technology and a patented design. These new designs include a pan that's completely see-through, which is a blast to watch in action! These gold pans are hardy and lightweight, aimed at hobbyists, families (including children), and newcomers alike!

This is a project now live on Kickstarter!

If you would like to take a look and leave feedback, it'd be much appreciated.

$49.95 for not even half a pan.........
    No thanks

I dont take kindly to seeing "hobbyists, families (including children), and newcomers alike!" being gouged.

GG~
    Last edited by Goodyguy; Jan 23, 2017 at 03:33 PM.

us
    Oct 2016
    SoCal
    X-Terra 705 Gold
    255 times
    I'm going with the looks interesting but over priced crowd. Nothing wrong with trying to make $'s in the end.

I'd tend to believe selling a whole lot more for less $'s would make a lot more $'s in the end.
    Goodyguy, russau and wildminer like this.

Charter Member

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 3660'
    283 times
    See through, huh? Is it scratch resistant?
    "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, promote for the common defence, provide the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States..."

lf you can't find the mistake in the above quote, something is very wrong....

Raphael

Dec 2013
    Westfield,Ma
    Garret super sluice pan,Modified Royal folding sluice w/ Goldhog mats
    215 times
    Prospecting
    Pretty soon there will be an "add-on" to the pan for only $29.95, that allows you to put the pan just on the bank of the river and the gold will just jump in to the pan all by itself.
    Until then i'll just use my Garrett super sluice for 12 bucks and pan all the gold i can find.
    Remember its not the pan that finds the gold, its the person handling it.

us
    Jan 2016
    California
    Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
    526 times
    If it doesn't sit flat and stable on the ground and I can't empty my sluice/bucket into it without fear of it jumping into the river, I'm out.

That looks like a cute idea for kids to pan out bags of paydirt in the backyard into that cute blue bucket. But for any sort of real prospecting it misses the mark.

For $50 I can buy a tried and tested Garrett Pan(Or other brands) and an entire set of bucket classifier pans. Talk about value.

Not to mention my Garret Pan acts as a dry place to sit when the ground is wet after a rain, keeps my pack off the mud, plus the other stuff already mentioned.

I know mining the miners has always been a thing but for $50 that's a bit much.

Mar 2016
    88 times
    I remember seeing some russians trying to advertise this pan on youtube a couple years ago, I dont think they intended to ever sell gold pans. They got their $20,000 free and clear from the looks of it.

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    1340 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    50 buck's for a gold pan?........ Not in this lifetime.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

us
    Feb 2010
    Kenai, Alaska
    Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
    216 times
    While I will not be ordering one & don't really see where it could serve any purpose in my gear, just for the sake of clarity I will say his price for a single pan on Kick Start is $25. Also the Kick Start thing is almost a charity thing. You are helping an entrepreneur start a small business (that will probably fail for lack of capital) and getting a little something back in return. Almost like a "Go fund me" account but with a trinket in return to go with the warm feeling in your heart Looks like he has raised about $20k so far. Ain't America great!!!!!!
    Goodyguy and KevinInColorado like this.

us
    Sep 2012
    Tujunga, CA
    Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
    631 times
    Prospecting
    Yes, it's a Kickstarter fund. Yes it's almost charity. I'll buy those. A better pan or even needed, not so much. Mining the miners.
    Vance in AK likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Garden Valley, ca.
    Gold Bug Pro
    7236 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vance in AK View Post
    While I will not be ordering one & don't really see where it could serve any purpose in my gear, just for the sake of clarity I will say his price for a single pan on Kick Start is $25. Also the Kick Start thing is almost a charity thing. You are helping an entrepreneur start a small business (that will probably fail for lack of capital) and getting a little something back in return. Almost like a "Go fund me" account but with a trinket in return to go with the warm feeling in your heart Looks like he has raised about $20k so far. Ain't America great!!!!!!

it's not that hard to get funding for a good product. if hes got 20k I think he has enough to make a fair go of it, Obviously the tooling is there. The realistic pricing is not.

a lot of money being spent on a product that is not improving the gold pan line.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Lobo ST, numerous pans, rocker box, dry washer and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    1571 times
    Prospecting
    It's pretty certain that their market will not be experienced prospectors. Vacationers, especially those with young children, and others (total newbies included) who really have no clue may bite though. Those on vacation have money set aside for "entertainment" and, if they are in an area with placer gold, the panning method is simple enough that even the least experienced may get some gratification, more so than inexperienced newbies with a conventional pan are likely to get.* Cheaper entertainment than some movie experiences, water parks, Disneyland, etc.

Not for me though.

*I once showed some visiting Chinese tourists how to pan and they proceeded to ignore my instructions and spent 15 or twenty minutes per pan inspecting every rock and grain of sand....probably would not have wasted as much time had they had a gold claw pan, followed the instructions for it and might even have found some gold...they didn't.
    Last edited by arizau; Jan 27, 2017 at 01:21 PM.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

us
    Sep 2012
    Tujunga, CA
    Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
    631 times
    Prospecting
    I see nothing about this pan which would stop the picking.
    KevinInColorado likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links