Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: New Gold Pan

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2015
    Oregon Coast
    510 times
    Prospecting
    "but it could make a good hat as mentioned. I'm gonna stick with my Stetson though even though it cost more. I would try one if someone loaned it to me, but you just can't beat a $10 pan .
    Oregon Viking likes this.

us
    Aug 2014
    SoCal
    SDC 2300 BGT-S, BGT-P Whippet
    242 times
    Prospecting
    $50?!?!! Does it come with Starship Enterprise shaped classifier? The Garrett Super Sluice is $8.46 on Amazon. Garrett's deluxe gold pan kit is $42.45 and it comes with everything a n00b would need to get started.
    Last edited by Hamfist; Feb 11, 2017 at 09:41 PM. Reason: damn you, autocorrect.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1333 times
    Quote Originally Posted by arizau View Post
    *I once showed some visiting Chinese tourists how to pan and they proceeded to ignore my instructions and spent 15 or twenty minutes per pan inspecting every rock and grain of sand.
    That is the way they are, even 150 years ago. Up here in NoCA when the chinese came over for the CA gold rush all the area they could get for mining from the white miners was area that had already been picked over. They went in and processed it and still made a living, but probably then wasted it in the opium dens.
    at yard sales I am dollardan
    on ebay I am oneOLDbuffalo
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/oneOLDbuffal...p2047675.l2562

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2006
    Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    1333 times
    looks like we have a drive by but pretty old though. He made his one and only post on Oct 5 2016. That is the day he joined t-net and also the last time he visited. Which means he has not even seen any of the great comments.

I had to hunt google to see what he was even talking about. Maybe someone else snuck in and relayed a few. The model I saw was not clear it is some kind of green and a single pan is now $25 and not fifty.

He might have been a good contributing member if he just stuck around.
    Last edited by cyberdan; Feb 03, 2017 at 01:23 PM.
    at yard sales I am dollardan
    on ebay I am oneOLDbuffalo
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/oneOLDbuffal...p2047675.l2562

us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter's, Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Suction Dredges, Hand Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Gold Pans, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table etc
    3923 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdan View Post
    looks like we have a drive by but pretty old though. He made his one and only post on Oct 5 2016. That is the day he joined t-net and also the last time he visited. Which means he has not even seen any of the great comments.

I had to hunt google to see what he was even talking about. Maybe someone else snuck in and relayed a few. The model I saw was not clear it is some kind of green and a single pan is now $25 and not fifty.

He might have been a good contributing member if he just stuck around.

Pretty sure his post was only meant to generate funding for his kickstarter account.
    Looks like he was pretty good at generating donations from around the net.

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    807 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamfist View Post
    $50?!?!! Does it come with Starship Enterprise shaped classifier?
    The replicators aboard her could change anything into gold!

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    1524 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    Yup.... Just a hustle.....
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

us
    Jan 2016
    California
    Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
    789 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Mining the miners was always the best hustle. I know I'm nealry 1g into all my toys for about $20 of gold lol! Can't wait to get back to the river though!

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    1524 times
    LOL..... You got me to thinking about the same thing....
    Tallied up my equipment expenses and I'm in at about $650.
    And my take so far..... At todays spot about $70.
    Granted I don't get out nearly as much as I could and this is beach gold gotta move a lot of sand for that....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0056.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	1412854
    Goldfleks and goldenmojo like this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

amendment.

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Alta, California
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    2781 times
    Time and knowledge change that as your time in mining grows. I'm on the other side, way ahead of my equipment costs.

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    1524 times
    It helps to have some good claims too.....
    And that you actually work it .... Unlike most.
    Last edited by johnedoe; Feb 10, 2017 at 11:58 AM.
    Reed Lukens likes this.

amendment.

us
    Jan 2016
    California
    789 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    If I was digging in a spot that produced better than half a gram for like 50 hours of digging maybe I'd be ahead lol... Granted much of that time was when I was really new and was running a lot of overburden instead of better gravels. Pretty sure the spot I have access too right now was only profitable when they hydraulic mined the entire mountain and made the low-grade pay. The river was finally starting to get low enough after 5 years of drought where some better spots were opening up, but that's gone now lol.

New Nevada adventures in the future though!

us
    Dec 2013
    Crockett, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, AMP sluice, 2.5" dredge, 4" dredge, highbankers Witch Sticks.
    205 times
    Prospecting
    I spent more money this winter then probably my whole prospecting career but I'm sure I'll get it back and then some this spring... I love that we are having all this wet weather but I cant wait for the snow to melt so I can get into my claim.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2012
    Tujunga, CA
    Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
    850 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfleks View Post
    Mining the miners was always the best hustle. I know I'm nealry 1g into all my toys for about $20 of gold lol! Can't wait to get back to the river though!
    Oh man. For 1g you should have 1g in gold. That's close to double your take. :P

us
    Jan 2016
    California
    789 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldog View Post
    Oh man. For 1g you should have 1g in gold. That's close to double your take. :P
    Haha... if I had more time to dig I'd have more gold. The issue is when I have to rationalize time = money and digging low grade doesn't pay that well. Not like I can dig every day for less take than my cost in gas. I really missed out on last summer. The fires really turned me off from going to to the river, and I know if I had taken some time to dig in the trench I would have had some nice pickers to show for it.

It's all good. The adventures continue, and I finance my toys by putting in extra time at work, and I can't pay for the feeling that being out in nature gives me by working more hours inside. I'm hoping by this spring and after the runoff the rain will open up something worth digging. Otherwise I'm going to have to call up my friends in Auburn and tell them I'm coming to visit!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links