Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Large gold in California ???

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2007
    6 times

Large gold in California ???

Hello brother miners, Where would you go for bigger gold in California? Thank you for your help. JOHN
    embrym likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Make America Great Again!

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Makro Multi Kruzer -- Notka Pinpointer -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger
    17955 times
    Metal Detecting
    LOL!

That my friend, is well guarded information!

us
    Mar 2014
    Traveling US to work
    Current Whites DFX Past Garret GTI 2500 and others Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000 Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
    1391 times
    Metal Detecting
    To the HILLS!!!
    SD51 and Smithsgold like this.
    Everyone Believes they have gold buried in the back yard... small wonder so few ever look for it.

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2442 times
    Prospecting
    Larger than what? Rarest of the rare worldwide are large nuggets and like Terry said where they are found are well guarded secrets. Not only that but other than public areas they will probably not specifically tell you where at all they go to find gold. Searching in areas where gold has already been found usually yields decent results*. Welcome to Land Matters is a literal "gold mine of information" to show you the areas of promise (existing claims info). Find those and search nearby on legal land. That is what many of us do on a regular basis.

Good luck.

*"Decent results" is a relative term depending on realistic expectations....flour and "larger" color at the least and pickers or nuggets if you are lucky.
    Last edited by arizau; Jan 03, 2018 at 12:39 PM.
    SD51 and Clay Diggins like this.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

Aug 2016
    MI
    ETRAC
    1480 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Agree with the previous posters! I often checkout the youtube videos of the guys from California Relic Adventures for some cool videos on that subject!

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1170 times
    For me, I'm just totally happy if it's bigger than 40#!
    GrizzlyGoldTrap likes this.

Feb 2018
    1 times
    I know there have been some big ones found in butte county, metal detecting.
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Mar 2015
    Greenwich, NY
    Whites Coin Master Whites Gold Master GMT, High banker/dredge, DIY hand trommel, DIY Miller table, DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice, Keene A-52 sluice, 1620 Wheaties
    922 times
    prospecting, metal detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by RiskySelfie View Post
    I know there have been some big ones found in butte county, metal detecting.
    There you go!!!
    Aufisher likes this.

May 2013
    The Golden State
    Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
    4805 times
    Prospecting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16265696_10209235805186618_904514487036668401_n.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	1544949
    I am a teacher, hydrologist, biologist and a prospector.

us
    Amature Historian and World Traveler.

Feb 2013
    Soverign America
    214 times
    What did it weigh?
    Aufisher likes this.

There are no ancient secrets to decoding the past, there is only great research and applied logic.

May 2013
    The Golden State
    Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
    4805 times
    Prospecting
    75 troy oz
    Last edited by Aufisher; Feb 02, 2018 at 11:22 PM.
    mytimetoshine likes this.
    I am a teacher, hydrologist, biologist and a prospector.

Apr 2017
    northern calif
    Garrett at gold
    35 times
    Prospecting
    the butte county nugget from a couple years ago.Sold in San Francisco for over 400,000 grand i think
    mytimetoshine and Aufisher like this.

us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3670 times
    I would start on the Middle Fork of the American River, right across from the ASRA guard station and work my way upstream with a Bucket line Dredge. You will need armed guards to kill the greenies and ASRA volunteers that want to stop you from mining, but it would be for the best to rid the world of those freaks anyway. I've found 5 ounce nuggets down there in the past and many pounds of gold.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    8752 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed Lukens View Post
    I would start on the Middle Fork of the American River, right across from the ASRA guard station and work my way upstream with a Bucket line Dredge. You will need armed guards to kill the greenies and ASRA volunteers that want to stop you from mining, but it would be for the best to rid the world of those freaks anyway. I've found 5 ounce nuggets down there in the past and many pounds of gold.
    It's already been done to bedrock several times Reed. The North and Middle Forks are some of the most mined rivers in history.

Better yet would be to look for landslides and mass wasting that have happened since those dredges tore up the canyon. That's where the gold is coming from that you find in the rivers today. Look up for gold. That's where it comes from and that's where most of it still is.

Heavy Pans

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    2868 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    It's already been done to bedrock several times Reed. The North and Middle Forks are some of the most mined rivers in history.

Better yet would be to look for landslides and mass wasting that have happened since those dredges tore up the canyon. That's where the gold is coming from that you find in the rivers today. Look up for gold. That's where it comes from and that's where most of it still is.

Heavy Pans
    Im always looking "up there" wondering. But the canyons are sooo steep. How does one get there with out rope climbing?
    Aufisher and Clay Diggins like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links