Best gold pan? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Best gold pan?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10947 times
    Prospecting
    I bought a 14” minelab pan at a gold show and wasn’t impressed with it in the field. I thought I’d like the blue color but it just didn’t work with my eyes. Also nowhere near as tough as the Proline or the Garrett.
    Goodyguy and Hard Prospector like this.

us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    Bodfish and Marin county CA
    Garrett , Whites keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
    1090 times
    Drywashing , Sluicing , Panning
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    I bought a 14” minelab pan at a gold show and wasn’t impressed with it in the field. I thought I’d like the blue color but it just didn’t work with my eyes. Also nowhere near as tough as the Proline or the Garrett.
    Yep -- Green and Blue pans are great if you want to see Black sand -- I hate Black sand.
    I want see Gold and with a Black pan it is very easy to see with my eyes.
    Cheers Mike
    KevinInColorado likes this.
    Stay thirsty my friends

us
    Mine President, XPBC, XGIH, GDR, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner/operator.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Dowsing rods
    1003 times
    Prospecting
    I have the big 17" proline pan it folds up like a taco full of gravel.
    mendoAu and Hamfist like this.

Mar 2019
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I like the Super Sluice as well. I made some mods to mine which has made it much more user friendly as far as I am concerned. I went ahead and made some instructions on those mods if anyone cares to see.
    Goodyguy likes this.

us
    Jul 2018
    Mountains of Western Colorado
    Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Crystal ball,
    2074 times
    Garrett 14" gold trap gold pan can not go wrong with this one.
    Goodyguy likes this.
    The mountains have rules.They are harsh rules,but they are there,and if you keep to them you are safe.A mountain is not like men. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exists inside you,inside your soul.

ca
    Dec 2017
    Gap of Canada
    18 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Zortan View Post
    I like the Super Sluice as well. I made some mods to mine which has made it much more user friendly as far as I am concerned. I went ahead and made some instructions on those mods if anyone cares to see.
    I am interested, what mods did you do?

us
    Apr 2014
    SW Oregon
    604 times
    Prospecting
    Metal pan vs. oak tree...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00405.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	1687956
    DizzyDigger and N-Lionberger like this.

us
    Mar 2014
    Lincolnton North Carolina
    30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box. Various Gold Pans
    1304 times
    Prospecting
    I have a White's branded pan in the plum color. I really like it for cleaning up. The contrast between the gold and that color really pops for my eyes. I'm color blind but i can really see the difference there. For the field work, I really don't think you can beat a super sluice pan as far as moving material without a sluice. That thing is a beast.
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” -Aristotle

"Show me a man who resorts to violence, and I'll show you a man who has run out of good ideas." My Father, Robert Akers

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2463 times
    Prospecting
    I like the ones that fold in half cuz you can carry twice as many and they are much more tactical. They also dont make my tender muscles tired and you can limp wrist it.
    Watch out for small gusts of wind that might blow them away but they decompose in a month or so anyway. No worries!
    N-Lionberger likes this.

us
    Apr 2014
    SW Oregon
    604 times
    Prospecting
    Oregon Viking and johnedoe like this.

us
    Jason

Jan 2020
    Carson City, Nevada
    Whites, Fisher, MineLab
    4 times
    I like the steel pans. When I first started panning, the was all there was. I've tried the plastic pans with the riffles. They're good and do the job well. But you can't bang 'em against a rock like I did to scare away a bear, yards away, that was coming down the hill to drink from the creek right where I was panning, whether I liked it or not! I had a 357 mag, but I didn't want to use it. I'm glad the pan did the trick!

us
    Mine President, XPBC, XGIH, GDR, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner/operator.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Dowsing rods
    1003 times
    Prospecting
    I always figured if 6 shots of .357 Mag wont do it I am probably up sh^t creek...
    Last edited by N-Lionberger; Jan 29, 2020 at 05:08 AM.

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    2201 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    I've always liked this pan.... great for production.... It could be a little bit more ridged but it works great.

oneguy likes this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    2201 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    Quote Originally Posted by N-Lionberger View Post
    I always figured if 6 shots of .357 Mag wont do it I am probably up sh^t creek...
    You only use 5 on the bear..... 6th is for you.
    EARL51 and ProspectorALEX like this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Keene A52P Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    12142 times
    I won this.
    The new and improved 14" Garrett Acentric Gold Pan expands the pan's floor size by 33%
    It maintains the long panning surface and optimum angles that are necessary for effective gold panning
    It allows for gold to be driven down more efficiently to the large floor space
    The volume allows for more material to be processed per pan
    It features renowned riffles for successfully trapping gold.

My Favorite is the 15" Garret super sluice... This pan does not seem that much better... is it me?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	super sluice new.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	1797948
    johnedoe, Goodyguy, cyzak and 1 others like this.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links