Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm looking at getting these ....SE GP2-5 SET 5-Piece Set of Patented Stackable 13-¼” Sifting Pans.......B00C7YCQIQ....I have no idea of the size of gold that I may find in my area...if I find any at all .......

Thoughts please?

Those are ok, I bought that set years ago. The only weakness is the screens are attached from the bottom rather than dropped in from the top. So, when you get them, add some plastic adhesive to the seam around the bottom to strengthen the connection. Otherwise, over time the screens will break loose.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking at getting these ....SE GP2-5 SET 5-Piece Set of Patented Stackable 13-¼” Sifting Pans.......B00C7YCQIQ....I have no idea of the size of gold that I may find in my area...if I find any at all .......

Thoughts please?

They are decent quality. I used to sell them. I use them.

You may want finer mesh for your area and clean up/finishing

Like 30 50 100

all of the "SE" stuff on Amazon is of decent quality. Especially for the price.

I have the sluice https://www.amazon.com/SE-GP-SB32-Prospectors-Choice-Lightweight/dp/B01KZAHR82/ref=sr_1_6?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1550680606&sr=1-

thier miners moss is6&keywords=lightweight+sluice+box#customerReviews

Its one downfall is how well it holds material at clean out. I use a tub so it's not too bad.

Its like hard Gold Hog style riffles.

They have good cheap miners moss too https://www.amazon.com/SE-GP-MT415-...680606&sr=1-2&keywords=lightweight+sluice+box

Last edited:

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have used that moss before and I am not a fan, its too stiff and the sun eats it really fast.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 1/4" mesh for in the field. 002.JPG

OP
OP
Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I'll give those a try....if I find some color I'll be back....Thanks everyone.

firebird

Oct 17, 2018
Central Valley California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't mind a little DIY, you can just make one yourself.

I made one similar to it with a spare bucket I had lying around at home instead with two layers of different sized wire mesh for strength and filtering out smaller rocks. Basically I just fill the 5 gallon bucket with water, put the DIY classifier on top with water going through the wire mesh, pour the gravel in and then shake the hell out of it(or run it through the wire mesh by hand if there's clay), check to see if there might be any nuggets that didn't go through the wire mesh, then chuck it out and repeat the process. Being able to wet the gravel is a MUST, I tried doing this dry at first and later on washed and classified the thrown out rocks and found gold flakes sticking on them. This bucket classifier also works great because it can fit in larger rocks that can also have gold sticking on them.

With this method I end up with around 150lbs of paydirt a day. It's tough, tiring work but so far this is the most efficient, fastest way one person can process as much gravel as possible. I just get as much gravel as I can, and then take it home to look for gold.

IMAG0935.jpg IMAG0934.jpg IMAG1106.jpg IMAG0755.jpg IMAG1679.jpg

tonofsteel

Dec 21, 2017
Gap of Canada
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bucket Classifier

BC2.jpg

I really like this style of classifier, from everything I have tried it works the material the quickest. It is a 2 gallon bucket IIRC and fits inside a 5 gallon bucket full of water. The PVC pipe at the top is big enough to grab by both hands so you can put a lot of force into the agitation. Just have to watch how full you fill it to maximize efficiency, too full and it requires a long time of agitation for the material to wash and work its way down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread