Any ideas on current market value?/Secondary market not SPOT Prices!!!

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Picture 1205.jpg
    Picture 1205.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 361
  • Picture 1206.jpg
    Picture 1206.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 365
  • Picture 1207.jpg
    Picture 1207.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 344

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Wow, now that is a cool find! They even wrote in the serial number of the note redeemed. If only to live in those times...

No idea on a market value though.

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DrDetector said:
Wow, now that is a cool find! They even wrote in the serial number of the note redeemed. If only to live in those times...

No idea on a market value though.
Thank's for input!!!...The search continues for a currentmarket price(preciuos metal investment reasons)even with all info. provided,note #,where redeemed,etc.i can NOT find another one to compare with!!! i know this is not the only one :thumbsup:,i need help on this!!! :-\,HH ALL!

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i heard about what you have but that is the first one i have ever seen. wow. i like it. don't know how much it is worth.

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
i heard about what you have but that is the first one i have ever seen. wow. i like it. don't know how much it is worth.
Thank You :thumbsup:,There is not much info. on these at all!!! i got a ballpark figure on value/current secondary market value,etc.but this one is going into the stash!!! THANKS ALL&HH!!!

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Until the 1960s a silver certificate would get you one dollar in silver coins at any bank. When the first junk clad 40% coins came out there was a rush to redeem the silver certificates. When the demand
outpaced supplies the mint made up these packs and sold or issued them to banks so they could exchange them for the silver certifdicates. Shortly after that they announced that silver certificates would no longer be redeemed but could still be spent as money. In the last year they were redeemable the big dealers began offering a premium for them which caused nearly all of the silver certificates to be pulled from circulation. Since everyone "knew" that you could sell them for a premium they continued to hoard them after they were no longer worth a premium. The original premium was for any regardless of condition. Now the premiums apply to the rror notes and the ones in really nice condition. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XX said:
:thumbsup:,ya those are the ONLY ones i have came across while TRYING to research mine...i have a letter(no email)off to the T.Dept.'s Curator for some aswers.the assay office in NY where this(mine)was redeemed is no longer in operation(closed 1984),so these are seeming rarer and rarer as i try to find out more,i have a coin dealer freind who has been a coin dealer for 55yrs.(not to metion how long hes been collecting!)and has NEVER seen one.the ones on the link are all over ebay selling at about $22-23.00
thanks for input!!! HH ALL! :icon_study:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread