Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only Indian Village in that area I'm aware of
is " LOYALHANNING " somewhere near Ligonier.
Settled in 1727 by the Delaware Indians.

Try rt. 30 south of Ligonier

& they would have had Guns given to them in trade
& also Stolen ones. among other items.

Relics can be laying on the ground or several feet under.
Sorry there is no Rules to follow on Depth.

Jim West Pa

Aug 14, 2007
Mamont Pa.
Detector(s) used
DFX
We have plenty of indian sites here in Plum GD. In fact, we're(my wife and I)workin on gittin onto a piece o' ground that had an indian trading post back in the 1700's a stones throw from our house.
We are also workin on gittin permission to hunt a piece o' private property IN Bushy Run battlefield itself.It belongs to our step son's uncle.

KeystoneKid

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2007
I was born and raised in the little town of Old Stanton which was located along the Arona Road. To answer your question about Indian Villages there was one that I know of located in the field across from the Pennsylvania Turnpikes Headquarters in New Stanton, in fact the Carnegie Museum along with some collage students spent a year there excavating before the actual work of the Hutchinson Bypass was started and recovered quite a few artifacts. Back in the early 1940`s my Grandfather and Father were hunting mushrooms on the hill which overlooked this village and discovered what they believed was an old Indian burial ground or meeting site where small rocks were stacked in circular and square patterns, they did do some digging and found small stone bowls and broken pottery and a large number of flint arrowheads, one of the most unusual items found by my Father was a smoking pipe that was made out of a type of soft white stone which was carved into what resembled the bottom stump of a cut down tree and on the front was the carved image of an Indian chief with his feather head dress on.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Also, there was an Indian village on a hill near Round Hill Park
in Elizabeth Twp. And, Queen Alliquippa had a large Delaware
Indian village where the Youghiogheny(Yock) river meets the
Monongahela (Mon) at present day McKeesport. She was there
when Washington travelled thru this area, in fact history says
he gave her gifts of a greatcoat & a bottle of rum of which she
preferred the latter.

Addition; have also read where Queen Alliquippa & the Indians
in this area were Senecas.

john4840

Nov 10, 2007
Harrison City, PA near Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 Sovereign XS
I live about a mile away from Bush Run Park and have been treasure hunting for 21+ years. Most of the time in Penn Twp. What I have found is that you need to look for a water source, like a stream, you will most likely find Indian Artifacts. I have found many Arrow Heads, Spear Points, Scrapers, and Knives using this method. Thousands to Hundreds of years old. When Penn Twp. put the new Baseball Fields in below the Municipal building across the creek I found many Indian Artifacts. Before they put the houses in below the Penn Middle School I found Indian Artifacts in the farmer's field which is near a creek. So look for a water source. There are many farmer's fields around here that have streams running through them. But get permission first. I hope this helped.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread