how do i...........

Redsumit

May 17, 2007
get a hold of minelab? my wifes xterra 30 works better than my quattro. i buried a dime n quarter last week and its been raining so the ground is plenty wet n the xterra picked out them both but my quattro didn't see them, occasionally i got a 10, -10 or 12 on the display in all metal. coin n jewelry i got nothing. but i bury a quarter an inch or 2 down and it picked it up (the quattro) but kept giving me 35,37,32. a quarter should read 37 or a definite 38. so it is of my opinion that it is junk and need 2 send it 2 minelab for repair. OHHH YAAAAAAA FOR ME!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First let me say There is probably nothing wrong with the Quatro.
it is probably that the Quatro's Circutry can't detect through the air,
or ground for Freshly buried objects as well as the xterra.
or your settings.

Here is Contact info to check with them.

http://www.minelab.com/consumer/page.php?page=366&section=253

OP
OP
R

Redsumit

May 17, 2007
ok no insult intended but how is it an 800 $ md cant do that when a 400$ md can. i thought it was a METAL detector, not a metal as long as the conditions r correct detector. oohhhh im sure theres some kind of high tech, it doesnt coincide w/ common sense but we'll make something up to cover our but kinda explanation for this 1. gettin a little frustrated w/ this dam hobby, can u tell

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, Don't get Frustrated ;D

Seariously it is a Tec thing & think about it.
When you are detecting, are you looking for
Freshly Buried items, Or long time Lost Items ?

I'm no Tec Nerd, So I can't explain,
but the Halo Effect does matter with some detectors.

mtntrekr2

Jul 15, 2007
berks county, pa.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 1000, Xterra-70 x3, Garret ace 250,
I had my 8 yr. old grandson stay with us for the weekend. His other grandpap got him a Bounty Hunter Jr. for Xmas. Well I took some coins from my collection and buried them for him to find not thinking about anything like recently buried or halo effect or any thing else other than him having some fun finding something other than some nails and pulltabs. Needless to say he had a great time while here but after he left I knew he did not find everything I buried. So I wend out with my 250 and it would not pick up anything. I did find a few coins and some other junk items but none of them were the ones I hid. I have to agree that it is not the detector but the fact of being newly placed there. Which also leads to another thought of how much are we all missing when we go to last weeks fair grounds or festival area.

just needed to add my 2 Wheaties
Joe

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I should keep my old White's and forget all the bells and whistles the new high tech machines have?

My Whites screams at everything...I'd hate to miss someones dropped lucky old silver dollar or things of that nature.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions