OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay this could be a wall or a road or who knows what it is , but we came up with it being a trail of stones to walk on . No way is it a fence or wall. To much work went into it for over 3000' and there is water running under it. From what we see , the stones were placed here way more than 500 yrs ago. I do not date this kind of site , but the experts tell me from what they know that this site could go back 10,000yrs because they found stone spear tips and stone works in our area that date back to the date. There is no treasure at this site that I know of so there is no way for our company to make money from this find , we are looking for something else in this area and just found this site. I have no plans to get permits to dig or spend more time here . Its just so AMAZING to walk around this site and see things from the past and wonder what was here and who did it.

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Unless I'm missing something thing huge in those pics...Those type of rock piles/mounds in a line where the rocks are different shapes and then having the standing marker stones are Very Common here in the timber. I've got two just like that on my farm and came from when the family and kin settled the land and cleared it.

One of the properties made a wall around the home place with the flat, cut looking stone. It's Still standing in front up to where the gates were. On mine there's separate mounds of Flat Stone that was used to line wells. Round stone mounds in places for markers.

It's cool looking to see them and think how many trips were made... Back breaking work to load and unload! WOW!!

Kace

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Photos of this are on the internet, it is a previously known location. Many of these are property line markers of the first settlers.
And stones cleared from the fields in a "straight line" direction, east - west. WHERE on the internet...? Wanna SEE; Swedes, Quakers, Brits... Native ppl were NOT amused.

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Old stone walls kept the cows in, property lines run east/West/North and South. It's called a section of land. Very few rocks for these old walls which fell.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if it is claimed to be 10,000 years old and a walk way, then maybe posting pictures with a metal detector in view isn't very bright.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just located some arrow heads and artifacts from the site and hope to have them dated soon. I see DCNR was on site checking things out a few days ago to make sure all was good. This week end a expert will be looking at the info we have to see if what we located is a major Indian Site laid out for the same reason as Stonehenge was.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indian 1.jpg many stones.jpg stone1.jpg Look at the tree in the last picture , its off to the left side. All clawed up. What ever it was made it 7 1/2 ' up the tree. Removed all the bark and made a mess at the site. BIG Bear or Cat . Not sure now if my 9mm would stop it . Not going back to this site alone again, that's for sure. WE found more than 15 long cut stones 8' x 22" x 24" and a lot smaller ones. I think something BIG was built at this site and it fell over and all the long stones are laid out as they fell still on site.

Attachments

• cut stones_LI.jpg
    cut stones_LI.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 140
  • Indian 13.jpg
    Indian 13.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Porcupine.jpg OK maybe this is the Big Foot that dug into the tree at this Indian Site and not a bear or big cat :icon_scratch:. I could deal with him .

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Has Scott Wolter been informed ? That site looks exactly like one he found which proved that Vikings came to North America on alien spaceships to hide the Holy Grail or some such nonsense... Seriously go to any place in New England and walk around in the deep woods and you will find similar places. I grew up in rural New Hampshire and so far I see NOTHING that makes me go "Wow". Ps... the earth is flat.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has Scott Wolter been informed ? That site looks exactly like one he found which proved that Vikings came to North America on alien spaceships to hide the Holy Grail or some such nonsense... Seriously go to any place in New England and walk around in the deep woods and you will find similar places. I grew up in rural New Hampshire and so far I see NOTHING that makes me go "Wow". Ps... the earth is flat.

Part of it looks Somewhat like The Boxcar rocks on Gold Mine Road In Lebanon County,

But it is Obviously Not. Boxcar rocks aka High Rocks are Much Larger and taller in Scope.

The Standing Stones look Like what is Supposedly Described as The Big Shots of a Stone-age Tribe Located in Dauphin County. East of Halifax Also I doubt it is there .

LOL On Scott Wolter LOL Yes I'm sure He'd Insist it is Knights Templar & Solstice
Related.

Seriously Though, Looks like a Great place to Swing a Detector & Also look for the Earliest Indian
Artifacts

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay this is not a treasure site were I can dig up treasure so , out of respect for the Indians that were here I am doing what I can to prove something major was at this site. I am sure their are a lot more sites like this that we know nothing about. If I can get experts to say YES ITS INDIAN then I may not give out the location until a crew can set up a dig. If DCNR says NO THIS IS NOT A INDIAN SITE then hell yes I will post the location so everyone can see what we see at this site. If its a Indian Site then our Gov. should be doing something about it and not just let it sit, when there is a lot of college kids out there that need summer work.

Someone said a few post back there is a lot of trees at this site to see the sun rise on June 21st. RIGHT ON. BUT 5,000 to 10,000 yrs ago their was no trees in this part of the country. So the entire lay out works for the same reason Stonehenge was built. We have found a lot of things on the solstices lines and if no trees were here when this was laid out , then this is just a little more proof that this site could be 5,000yrs old

Indian Artifacts have been found at this site for many years , so its well known for Indian but the locals were told stories about the stone walls and things JUST DON'T LINE UP. I was told O its a old FARM , but when I went there I saw NO FARM, then I was told the LOGGING COMPANY BUILT all the stone works, Ya and I am Batman
:BangHead:
We are being told the wrong stories by our Gov. to keep diggers from digging up sites but why not tell the truth and get these sites dug up.
:icon_scratch:. .

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Your almost there! Like my old thread about the Treasure Trove Files at the Library of Congress. The government does know many treasure site locations. During the depression many wrote the government for equipment or moneyary assistance to dig them up. They received a letter stating that the government. Is not interested in treasure hunting. The early books of Thomas P Terry tell of the letters in the files and provide samples. White Sands has a big one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread