$50> pinpointer - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: $50> pinpointer

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2012
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    @Deep1 check out the video . He uses a coin but same concept, the hose clamp I use is tightened down in the sweet spot so it doesn't move .

Worked the GP pointer on the salty sand beach again yesterday , when finished I dunked it in the ocean to clean it off . Still working 100% today even though this model does not claim to be waterproof. I ordered the SHRXY GP pointer 2 (TRX clone) . GP2 claims to be 100% waterproof. I will definitely be testing it out in the Atlantic when it arrives .

OP I have spent $53.50 (shipping included) for 2 pinpointers.
    Deep1 likes this.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cumberland Va
    T-2-SE
    517 times
    I've been detecting for 35 years and have never used or needed a pinpointer. just a good detector and a 1942 U.S Army shovel

us
    Deep1

Dec 2018
    Carolina Lowcountry
    Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
    557 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ticndig View Post
    I've been detecting for 35 years and have never used or needed a pinpointer. just a good detector and a 1942 U.S Army shovel
    Detecting before discrimination.
    Biggest improvement in metal detecting: discrimination.
    Second biggest: pin pointer.
    Bought one this year.
    I love it. Should have bought one years ago.
    McKinney_5900 likes this.
    If it's old, I'll dig it, dive on it, detect it or sometimes when I get lucky just bend over and pick it up.

"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result" Winston Churchill

Mar 2019
    Michigan
    CZ5 , Equinox 800
    38 times
    Have to agree , my wife and I both have this one . Purchased on ebay for $22.92 each they work like a charm . No issues

us
    metal detector owner

Feb 2017
    Virginia
    Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Pro Pointer II and I
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDarrin View Post
    I bought a Garrett clone on Ebay....Amazing!!...I have used Garrett pinpointers before...this one does as good for 29 bucks. You will find everything is SO overpriced in detecting. Trust me...this will work for you. I love mine!Attachment 1702291
    JUNK ! If you ever use a Garrett Pro Pointer, there is no comparison.
    HighVDI and Clad2Silver like this.

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
    3326 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ticndig View Post
    Borrow one and use it out on a hunt just once and you will find that it speeds up the recovery time so much that you can dig twice or more as many targets in one hunt.
    I started in 1984 as well, before pinpointers. Now, I won't go without a pinpointer.
    HighVDI and Clad2Silver like this.

us
    Jan 2007
    Georgetown, Ohio, USA
    Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II ÁMax and Compadre, White's Classic II, Garrett Ace 250
    58 times
    Metal Detecting

Treasure Products Vibra Probe 580, Pulse Induction Pin Pointer...what Khz Frequency ?

Hi !

I have a Vibra Probe 580 Pin Pointer, received from Treasure Products July 26, 2017.

It has PI (Pulse Induction) circuitry, but I would also like to know the Khz frequency.
    Can anyone help with that ?

Thanks,
    ToddB64
    Teknetics Gamma 6000,Tesoro Bandido II ÁMax and Compadre,White's Classic II ,Garrett Ace 250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Arkie Tabdog Hand Digger Replica, Detect USA RatphonesMax, Janster Coin Probe.

us
    May 2009
    Mercer county, Pa
    Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
    88 times
    Another reason to buy a good one (Whites, Garrett) I have both brands. If anything goes wrong, contact either company, they will fix or replace them. Try that with any of the Chinese brands, not going to happen!

Jul 2012
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GPS53 View Post
    Another reason to buy a good one (Whites, Garrett) I have both brands. If anything goes wrong, contact either company, they will fix or replace them. Try that with any of the Chinese brands, not going to happen!

@GPS53 That's great and all but I can buy 5 of the GP's for less $ than a Whites/Garrett (TRX MSRP 159.95 ). So maybe my GP breaks in the next 2 years ,I pitch it in the garbage and order another for $20./$30. 2yr warranty is great but how much does that add to the overall price ? extra $50-$100 I would guess.

I see you're in PA , Do you detect every day? Winter? Your warranty is 2yrs from date of purchase. So if you use it 20,30,100,200 days a year, times that by 2 and that's your actual warranty.

If you feel your Garrett is superior , awesome! In reality they ALL do the same thing, however some do it at a much lower price point and no warranty (i'm ok with that). As a newer metal detector I spent the money on a decent entry level machine(equinox 800) and didn't have the extra cash to spend on a "name brand" pinpointer ,so I tried the GP pointers. I have been pleasantly surprised at how good these GP pointers are, they have served their purpose in all environments.

I'm sure your pinpointers work as designed as do the GP Pointers 1&2 . Although I don't have a GP pointer hat and t-shirt every brand has its fanboys !

us
    Oct 2014
    Amboy Wa.
    AT Pro
    542 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by GPS53 View Post
    I have a TRX and it started acting up, setting it's self off and constantly sound off, I called whites even though I had it for a couple years they said sent it in and they would fix or replace it and then sent it back free of charge.
    customer service is hard to find like that.

us
    May 2009
    Mercer county, Pa
    Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
    88 times
    jet747, you seem to believe in the disposable thoughts of today, (buy it cheap, if it breaks, throw it away, buy a new one) When I was young and starting out I had to buy what I could afford at the time, as I got older(retired now) I got tired of buying the same stuff over and over. Wised up and started buying good quality tools and equipment, haven't replaced any thing in a lot of years. Just an example. I love and collect old wheel Horse garden tractors, currently have 4. Newest one is about 30 years old. All 4 are in excellent shape and run perfect. Just take care of your equipment an it will last a lifetime. Go buy any big box retailer lawn tractor and see how long it lasts. Hey, its your decision to buy as you see fit. Best of luck to you.
    Toecutter likes this.

us
    Ed

Jul 2018
    Eastern Connecticut
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett Ace 400 Garrett Pro Pointer
    2441 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by xr7ator View Post
    Borrow one and use it out on a hunt just once and you will find that it speeds up the recovery time so much that you can dig twice or more as many targets in one hunt.
    I started in 1984 as well, before pinpointers. Now, I won't go without a pinpointer.
    I started in 1983 and didn't get a pinpointer until 2010 because I felt I didn't need one. I bought a Garrett ProPointer and now will NEVER hunt without one. I guess this means that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks

us
    Mar 2015
    Bodymore, Metalland
    Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
    1328 times
    Everyone says buy a good brand name pin pointer. I murder pin pointers. I just sent two Garrett carrots in for repair. They both lost their waterproofing at the seal around the on/ off button. This is the first one's second go to the repair shop. I returned it in warranty and had it reworked. My other one that's with it should still be under warranty but my girlfriend passed away and I can't get into her Amazon prime account to print anything saying when I bought it etc. so I'm sucking it up and sending in both. I don't feel like I treat them outrageously. They just keep failing around the switch. This is round two failing for one and round one for the other and I can't get one to last over two years. They could still be alive if I wasn't submerging them but when they say waterproof I want waterproof for getting into those cracks in the river where you can't fit the detector. I am pretty frustrated since I had a dismal season and it looks like detecting will cost me some money this year instead of making me some. All my equipment is unreliable and falling to pieces and thats not helping me have fun and find things in the field. The Equinox is at least still under warranty and I only broke the arm cuff. They were great and shipped me a new one really fast but its also developed the " shaft wobble" extremely bad. I am just using it as is since I can't be without a half working machine and it still half works. Had to gripe sorry.

us
    Jan 2007
    Georgetown, Ohio, USA
    Teknetics Gamma 6000, Tesoro Bandido II ÁMax and Compadre, White's Classic II, Garrett Ace 250
    58 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommybuckets View Post
    Everyone says buy a good brand name pin pointer. I murder pin pointers. I just sent two Garrett carrots in for repair. They both lost their waterproofing at the seal around the on/ off button. This is the first one's second go to the repair shop. I returned it in warranty and had it reworked. My other one that's with it should still be under warranty but my girlfriend passed away and I can't get into her Amazon prime account to print anything saying when I bought it etc. so I'm sucking it up and sending in both. I don't feel like I treat them outrageously. They just keep failing around the switch. This is round two failing for one and round one for the other and I can't get one to last over two years. They could still be alive if I wasn't submerging them but when they say waterproof I want waterproof for getting into those cracks in the river where you can't fit the detector. I am pretty frustrated since I had a dismal season and it looks like detecting will cost me some money this year instead of making me some. All my equipment is unreliable and falling to pieces and thats not helping me have fun and find things in the field. The Equinox is at least still under warranty and I only broke the arm cuff. They were great and shipped me a new one really fast but its also developed the " shaft wobble" extremely bad. I am just using it as is since I can't be without a half working machine and it still half works. Had to gripe sorry.

Tommybuckets,

Re "shaft wobble", were you careful to follow the steps to "Assemble shafts" on page 6 of the manual ? Suggest going back over the steps with your detector to make certain everything was done correctly and check to be sure the "twist locks" are tight enough (a judgement decision on your part.).

Then check to be sure the "Spring loaded pins" are protruding fully up through the adjustment holes.....I've had them get stuck in the hole on my Tesoro Compadre and had to twist the shaft a little to get the pin to pop through the hole all the way.

If you still think the shaft is wobbling after doing all of this, maybe the wobble you feel is actually coming from the coil, not the shaft, so check the "Attach coil to lower shaft" instructions on page 6, making sure they were followed and the yoke bolt and nut are snug, but not over-tight.

Good Luck !

ToddB64
    Last edited by ToddB64; Oct 08, 2019 at 02:36 AM.
    Teknetics Gamma 6000,Tesoro Bandido II ÁMax and Compadre,White's Classic II ,Garrett Ace 250 and Pro-Pointer AT, Treasure Products Vibra-Probe 570, Cen-Tech Pinpointer, Lesche Digger, Arkie Tabdog Hand Digger Replica, Detect USA RatphonesMax, Janster Coin Probe.

us
    Mar 2015
    Bodymore, Metalland
    Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
    1328 times
    Thanks Todd,
    I'll give it the old once over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links