Anyone follow Silver Wheaton?

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Just curious if anyone follows Silver Wheaton stock. Silver Wheaton has taken a pounding with the recent fall of silver spot prices.

In the past month, SLW has fallen from a near $40 high, all the way down to just less than $30.

Does the spot price of silver really effect this stock this much?? I know that spot price would have some effect on the stock price...but over $10 a share?

Anyone know?

Thanks!!!

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
clovis97 said:
Just curious if anyone follows Silver Wheaton stock. Silver Wheaton has taken a pounding with the recent fall of silver spot prices.

In the past month, SLW has fallen from a near $40 high, all the way down to just less than $30.

Does the spot price of silver really effect this stock this much?? I know that spot price would have some effect on the stock price...but over $10 a share?

Anyone know?

Thanks!!!

From what I have read, SW has contracts with companies that mine. SW gets to buy whatever silver they find for a fixed price agreed to in the contract. As silver goes up their profits will too.

If silver really is going to go to 50+, then SW should keep going up. I don't own any stocks now, but if silver keeps correcting for a while I would probably buy SW.

Jim

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
Bought SLW at $15, sold at $24 for a nice quick return... totally missed the $40 run. :(
I believe their average mining cost of silver is $4.50oz.
Ended up getting into SVM instead, only so I could get more shares. Since I bought at $9 its gone to $14, back to $10 now $11+... yoyo

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
SEANO said:
Bought SLW at $15, sold at $24 for a nice quick return... totally missed the $40 run. :(
Ended up getting into SVM instead, only so I could get more shares. Since I bought at $9 its gone to $14, back to $10 now $11+... yoyo

Any good stocks for silver/gold that you rec? I don't have any yet but am thinking about getting in.

Jim

SEANO

Sep 16, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Sold them all.
jim4silver said:
SEANO said:

Any good stocks for silver/gold that you rec? I don't have any yet but am thinking about getting in.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Hate to recommend stocks, mainly because I generally don't do it very well. ha. Having said that I prefer to play the miners rather than the actual metal (silver or gold). I do have some hard stuff, its just that it takes up space, time to sell, ect..

Generally with the miners, you get more upside return (as well as down-side) than the physical. I look at companies that have cheap cost of mining, mines in safer locations, growing revenues, ect... Silver miners have been hotter that the gold ones, because of silvers larger % increase in price... to date.

Type in SLW or SVM in Yahoo Finance and you can checkout the Headlines area for recommendations, research, news ect.. You could always take a look at the physical ETF's for Silver and or Gold as an option. SLV or GLD.

Seano

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread