PM price breakout or another run up before the price falls?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I have seen this happen over and over, so I don't have a clue which it is. Price has broken through some recent term resistance on silver. I believe if we break and hold above 30 then maybe this time is different and we could see some upward price movement. What is strange is that reported COT prices show commercials adding short positions, so maybe they are just waiting to crash it down and are now letting it go up so they can make more $$$$ driving it back to 26 or so?

With everything going on in the world and as we reach a pivotal time this fall, ie, election here, Iran situation, Euro mess, etc, we could be in for a wild ride via PM prices.

I still stand by my "prediction" that by Christmas we will hit 50 and bounce back down or will finally break through 50 and on to 100 (someday).

Jim

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured its been up since Germany made statements to the effect that they will not continue to support Greece, or somesuch.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you Jim, they are buying lots of Shorts. I also see them trying to burst the bubble but it won't stop the PM's rising and I also see BIG TROUBLE for JP MORGAN in the next few months. By the end of the year I see prices well over $50.00 Keep Stacking we are ahead of the game.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wished I could pull the trigger on buying Silver. I've read so many pro's and con's on this to make my head hurt. I keep putting off the purchase anywhere from an hour to a day. I've got to stop watching the Fox Business Channel.

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008

Means what???

So you are saying Isaac will affect the price of silver?

Make your case! up or down?

Yeah there is a storm of that name, what does that have to do with this thread

This website has a "like" feature, seems a bit childish to me, Ouuuuuu they like me, they really like me.
it should also have a "this post has absolutely no relevance" feature.

I could use it on myself.

I wish to go to my end with absolutely ZERO likes on this board, don't blow it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wished I could pull the trigger on buying Silver. I've read so many pro's and con's on this to make my head hurt. I keep putting off the purchase anywhere from an hour to a day. I've got to stop watching the Fox Business Channel.

You're going to keep waiting until it's too late. the price is going back up. It was $27 for weeks, but is slowly climbing. Above $30 for a while and trying to break $31. Once it starts to take off, it will take off big and you will be wishing you had bought when it was this cheap.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason---I know. Already regret not adding to my stash when it was down around $27. And really regret not selling when it was bouncing around $38 listening to people saying it was going to $50. Didn't have this trouble when Gold was going between 7 to 900 bucks. I bought and sold like a wild man never giving it a second thought. But,this time there are to many things saying don't do it, do it, ect. Plus I no longer have my longtime broker to bounce these buys off of. He passed at 89 with a mind clearer than mine.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? Lost why are you selling it? Just thought I would ask. I have bought at $17.00 and $42.00 and the only time I sell is when I need cash for household emergency AS I'm A True Stacker. I don't sell for profit but Survival and time is getting nearer to that. If I where you I would be thinking over your motives why you want to buy gold and silver and then sell it. But that's just my opinion and nothing against you. Lol

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marchas---Now days I'm a pure profit taker. I no longer hoard, stack or collect anything. Try to buy low and sell high. I don't buy into government collapse or any of those other theories. The fun of my game is making profits. It's amazing how much money there is to be made in Gold and Silver if you guess right. Or, if you guess wrong, just hang on and buy more PM low to even out your cost holdings, and wait until the market goes back up. It always goes back up. I'm no means perfect but it's worked out since Gold started hitting $500. Way ahead of the game. It's just this darn current Silver Market I can't get a good handle on. I'm sure I'm over thinking it.

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Means what???

So you are saying Isaac will affect the price of silver?

Make your case! up or down?

Yeah there is a storm of that name, what does that have to do with this thread

This website has a "like" feature, seems a bit childish to me, Ouuuuuu they like me, they really like me.
it should also have a "this post has absolutely no relevance" feature.

I could use it on myself.

I wish to go to my end with absolutely ZERO likes on this board, don't blow it.

Wasn't making a case, nor making a prediction, I was merely pointing out the possibility that the PM price fluctuation preceding the original post might have been due to a tropical storm which was forecast to head in the direction of oil production facilities

History repeats itself so you should educate yourself to take advantage of the repetition.

Learn about historical charts and consider external influences when studying these charts. (ie. Reduced oil production &/or refining affects the price of PMs because the price of gas affects just about everything.)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM prices have nothing to do with weather. The prices are created by supply and demand. The market is manipulated by massive conglomerates mkaing false buy and sell orders to force the market to change to thier desire.

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PM prices have nothing to do with weather. The prices are created by supply and demand. The market is manipulated by massive conglomerates mkaing false buy and sell orders to force the market to change to thier desire.

How do you explain the direct correlation between the charts and past weather events?

And what is a false order?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen a correlation between weather and price.

What is a false order? It's when a major player (like chase morgan or others) puts in a HUGE buy or sell order and then cancels it seconds later before it becomes binding. But it still shows on the market (temporarily) as a giant movement and drives prices. It's a game they play to affect makets without actually buying or selling anything.

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
look at the jump in gold which occurred following Hurricane Katrina (or any other event which jacked up the price of gasoline)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better yet, why don't YOU show me? Show me the graphs of PM pricing one prior, during and one month after for Katrina, along with every other named storm to touch the coast anywhere in the world (because PMs are a world economy, not a local one). Show me that (with corresponding increases for every event) and I'll believe you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread