On the downhill slope. - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: On the downhill slope.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mr. FreedomUIC to you!

Jan 2010
    NUNYA
    434 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by LM View Post
    You're not a 'genius' if you've made a couple good trades.
    You're a genius when you do it consistently.

Speaking of genius, would I be out of line if I passed judgement on your intelligence level- and in turn, how apt you'd be to perform well or poorly in the mean markets- by pointing out that you just wrote that sentence in the context of my mentioning buying real estate contingent on standing, real time rent multiples?

Here's a little '101' stuff for anyone who may care.

* Compounding is the objective.
    * Taxes are real and one of the most pernicious dynamics working against your investments.
    * The magic number is 15%, compounded, averaged. That will get you to 'wealth' within the space of a human working lifetime. If humans lived to 200 years, expected returns would be a helluva lot lower and the investing landscape would be totally different.
    * For higher net worth or higher capital outlays, all investments are usually judged for capital efficiency against the return offered by a risk-neutral portfolio of bonds/treasuries, inflation adjusted.

In 08 and again in 09, a massive liquidity crunch- largely precipitated by hedge fund and mutual fund redemptions- caused many firms to jettison holdings into a world where there wasn't any money looking to buy anything. We're talking airtight growth equities being sold at a price that offered 10%-12% dividend yields. Anyone who wasn't a monkey had the opportunity of a lifetime, right there, available for the taking.

While 'preppers' bought canned beans, ammo and golden discs, opportunity passed them by. Meanwhile, plenty of us who already have enough ammo discarded this absurd doomsday-bunker fantasy and bought up the rubble while it was on the cheap.

And PS. Metals are dogshot for portfolio 'diversity'. They're a hedge.

I hear the Coin Roll Hunting forum could benefit from your vast knowledge of utter bull squat, there is alot of it there already!!!!!!!!!!!
    [R.I.P. Rich Hartford - Champion CRH of All Time]

us
    Aug 2012
    New England
    555 times
    Coin Roll Hunting!
    I invest in silver and coins because I'm 16 and can't afford real estate... And to young to buy stocks...
    And I like coins an silver ;-)
    Wicka
    Tnmountains and Marchas45 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2009
    A Place In Heaven
    Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
    328 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LM View Post
    It's quite a dumb opinion.
    At least the 16 year old kid is honest and objective enough to appraise where he stands. Most people here are in his exact same boat, only in middle age.

I'm guessing reading comprehension probably isn't your strong suit, but if you go back and try your hardest, you just may see that I wasn't making a call on metals one way or the other. I was pointing out the methodologically moronic 'strategy' so regularly employed by metals hoarders of treating metals as a fetish object and justifying any and every external circumstance as a reason to buy more... then, amusingly enough, calling themselves 'investors'.

I have no problem completely disregarding most of your hardcore 'preppers' and other flavors of fantasists who just have a tenuous grasp on the realities of life. Sure, they think they do, they're certain the day will come when they get to say I told you so, but the reality always is they leave their family with a bunch of 'preparedness' crap that gets sold off in a garage sale.

What bothers me is when metals fetishists call their permabull practice as 'investing'.
    It isn't.

Want a future call? Right now, biflationary, leaning towards deflationary pressures, are keeping what will likely amount to vicious inflation tamped down. This will turn around and the prices of metals will rise again. Of course, there are MUCH better ways to profit from inflation than metals, but perhaps 1 in 100 of you would even comprehend what I wrote, so why bother.

Keep buying your old quarters and dimes then, when they rise 10% or even DOUBLE, you can think yourself vindicated while those intelligent enough to really comprehend whats going on make that in a week trading momentum.
    Boy you sure are an arrogant WANKER

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8482 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    As a holder of several of these professional licenses spoken about in this thread I have yet had to resort to name calling or the need to be disrespectful or talking down to others who do not agree with my logic,actions or pastime .

That being said keep it civil or stay out of the conversation or this thread will be locked and you may loose your posting abilities.
    Have a great day.
    Wickaboag likes this.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8482 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Thread locked, sorry FreedomUIC.
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links