Some advice, please

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
apush

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I will see my cousin at Christmas dinner today. I asked her just to bring a sampling of her items just to see what is in the mix. I may post some pics for advice.
Thank you to all,
apush

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
apush,'
Looking forward to seeing front and back images of each sample.
No doubt there are many on this tread who will give you their 'two cents' as to condition and value--before you go to a dealer.
Merry Christmas,
Don...

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what did she bring you? My step mother let me look at her fathers coin collection the day after xmas. I was saddened to see that it was 99% clad half dollars. It did have a nice 1921 Morgan dollar and a 1937 Walking Liberty half. Plus some random bills from Germany I have no clue what they are or worth.

bradley1719

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what did she bring you? My step mother let me look at her fathers coin collection the day after xmas. I was saddened to see that it was 99% clad half dollars. It did have a nice 1921 Morgan dollar and a 1937 Walking Liberty half. Plus some random bills from Germany I have no clue what they are or worth.

A similar thing happened to me. My mother in law called and said that she had found my wife's "silver dollar" collection. Each year my wife's uncle would give her one for Christmas. I could barely contain my excitement. That is... until we got there and they were all clad Eisenhowers. They are still worth a little more than face value but not much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread