Mint mark on eagles

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it depends on the year and conditon just like anything else....the W(west point) are sometime more sought after...but buy for intrinsic not for numismatic value...especailly if ur just starting out...

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
btw welcome to Tnet if you need anything just holler

OP
OP
D

digit13

Sep 19, 2015
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter sharpshooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I keep letting that coin collector side talk to my silver interest. I looked more into it today. You folks are so kind to patiently take the time to answer these kinds of question. If its true .999 at a good price buy it seems to make most sense. Am I correct on that?

OP
OP
D

digit13

Sep 19, 2015
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter sharpshooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mean that from the "silver is silver" mindset. I do realize and agree with you on quality.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've noticed some eagles that have no mint mark. Does this make a big difference in value? I'm more interested in silver but as a newbie I'm just unsure. Thanks
In general, regular bullion eagles of all years have no mint mark. The proof eagles and other special issues do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread