Wholesale premiums for silver

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I hadn't noticed until recently but it seems the wholesale premiums for silver have dropped quite a bit on a percentage basis. It is not easy to find wholesale prices online without access to the dealer to dealer only sites, but I have a link to one site I use as a gauge that lists the prices it pays/charges dealers, and have found it is an accurate reflection of what is going on in other wholesale markets.

Check out the bottom of page one, for 10 oz generic they are selling to dealers at only 10 cents over melt, and paying -30 cents from melt. I don't remember ever seeing prices like that wholesale since I have been watching the prices, and that has been for quite a while.

https://www.upstatecoins.com/

PS You probably won't see any mention of this on the pro PM sites in that it somewhat cuts against the idea that physical silver is in tight supply, etc. If looking at strictly objective factors, like the COT positions and super low premiums on physical, that makes a drop in prices from here seem more likely than a bump up, but who knows?

Just my opinion.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions